Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 10:27 pm

Sits in a group home, or a basement, or even a prosperous wealthy, white, gated area.

Seems to advocate for wokeology or similar dogma, and has never been in any dangerous situation in real life (or if they have they don't realise it because they're not socially smart enough) - and have zero idea of how the real world works. :lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 1:20 am

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2022, 2:13 am

I don't think anyone says it better than North Korean defector Yeonmi Park though

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 5:33 am

Fighting ignorance with stereotypes? There have been intelligent people misguided enough to defend Stalin, yes. But is the west so different? How is communism significantly worse than surveillance societies run by corporations destroying the climates we rely on to exist?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 6:05 am

HighLlama wrote:
But is the west so different?

Yes.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 11:06 pm

Dox47 wrote:
HighLlama wrote:

Yes.

Agree. The west is different. But the West is floating on top of a global society that doesn't look awfully well. Stalin was a monster, but today there are people starving due to the price of food on the global markets, not because a single tyrant thought he could dictate to farmers how to grow wheat, but because financial institutions are gambling on the price of the wheat.

It's not that Stalin wasn't a monster - it's that globalized capitalism is holding almost everyone hostage today.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 11:09 pm

It's amazing how accurately I can predict a blitzkrieg thread before clicking on it.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 11:13 pm

HighLlama wrote:
Fighting ignorance with stereotypes? There have been intelligent people misguided enough to defend Stalin, yes. But is the west so different? How is communism significantly worse than surveillance societies run by corporations destroying the climates we rely on to exist?

Corporate surveillance socieities are almost as evil as communism. I live in such a place (the UK).

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 07 Jan 2022, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 11:13 pm

theprisoner wrote:
It's amazing how accurately I can predict a blitzkrieg thread before clicking on it.

You know me too well, mysterious forum user.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 11:15 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
HighLlama wrote:

Yes.

Agree. The west is different. But the West is floating on top of a global society that doesn't look awfully well. Stalin was a monster, but today there are people starving due to the price of food on the global markets, not because a single tyrant thought he could dictate to farmers how to grow wheat, but because financial institutions are gambling on the price of the wheat.

It's not that Stalin wasn't a monster - it's that globalized capitalism is holding almost everyone hostage today.

Globalised capitalism is truly awful. Communism even more so, in practice, in the real world, as opposed to abstract theories of such a world.

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 07 Jan 2022, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 11:17 pm

Dox47 wrote:

This made me internally scream for at least 3 years, from 2012 to 2015. Apart from the LGBT issue that I was profoundly not informed about - I have been correct in most of my views, within my own mind, anyway.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 11:19 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
theprisoner wrote:

You know me too well, mysterious forum user.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2022, 7:54 am

HighLlama wrote:

No, the west isn't so different. In addition to the environment and climate issues you mentioned, we are also very good at not spending money on maintaining our roads, railways etc, hospitals are downgraded, and this winter has seen significant issues with electric power here in Europe, just to mention some things.
It just takes a bit longer for us to reach the standard of commie nations, but sadly it seems we're getting there little by little, and in the mean time we're chopping off the branch we're sitting on (metaphorically).

IMO none of the main ways (communism, capitalism, theocracy) have been a success. I don't know what would work but that doesn't change the fact that these don't

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 9:34 am

HighLlama wrote:

Stalin's communism and American Democrats' communism are nothing similar, and only idiots would conflate the two. American Democrat communists sponsored and supported domestic terrorists like Antifa, who caused 2 billion dollars in property damage and killed hundreds of police officers, in the summer of 2020 alone. If such looting and arson started under Stalin communists, there'd be tanks and machine gun humvees rolling through the streets, with snow plows and garbage trucks rolling behind them, collecting the "evidence". The "mostly peaceful protests" :roll: would be over in a matter of days!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 3:30 pm

Redpaws wrote:

No, the west isn't so different.

You mean aside from the raw body count, political purges, mass murder, mass torture, mass starvation, general deprivation and misery of state communism, right? Do we also need a history lesson in their environmental policy, as I've seen that mentioned a few times?

I've never quite understood this anti-Western tendency of the left to be honest, it goes back a long time and involves some pretty elaborate rationalizations if not outright denial of reality.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 4:59 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Redpaws wrote:

No, the west isn't so different.

You mean aside from the raw body count, political purges, mass murder, mass torture, mass starvation, general deprivation and misery of state communism, right? Do we also need a history lesson in their environmental policy, as I've seen that mentioned a few times?

I've never quite understood this anti-Western tendency of the left to be honest, it goes back a long time and involves some pretty elaborate rationalizations if not outright denial of reality.

that's what I meant with: tge west *is* different, in that these things happen under the west's leadership, but not in the west.
the UN commissioner for torture paints a dismal picture of American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan - you got your mass torture there.
Purges, mass murder - just go a few miles south of the US border, or across the mediterranean sea.
Mass deprivation - well, we do have all kinds of deprivation and poverty in the west as well, but the moment you enter a developing country, it gets really bleak. And it's not like the west could do without their labour and labour force.
And then the West exports its garbage to developing countries, because we don't want to ruin our landscapes with landfills.
Our corporations are making good use of corrupt governments in developing nations and medieval beliefs there to externalize environmental damages.
No, we are different from the Soviet Union, but if better or worse depends heavily on where you're born, and who you want to blame.

the anti-Western tendencu of the left is ignoring that people in other parts of the world are corrupt and reprehensible, too. But what it does get right is that Western corrupt and reprehensible peopke make good use of other country's corrupt and reprehensible people for the detriment of of the people there and toWestern people's advantage. Lefties turned their criticism up to 11, because centrists and right wingers so desperately try to ignore it.

regarding history lessons: it all makes no sense if you start in the 50s. you have to go back to the 1600s and learn about the Dutch East India Company, and start somewhere there. Communism makes a lot more sense when you learn what it was meant to be the answer to.