Page 1 of 9 [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 7:09 pm

I have a sixth sense, which means I often know things I shouldn't know because I have had no evidence of anything beforehand. Really, no evidence, not even rumors. Just stuff I know for no reason. I don't mean things like scientific facts, either. I mean knowing things about people, or knowing things about the future, etc. It's not voices or communicating with the dead or anything like that. It's just some sense of knowledge about something.

I am just wondering who else on here experiences this. Is it related to AS, or is it something else?

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 7:14 pm

Intuition

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 7:26 pm

Do you have it? Where does it come from?

Breeme
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jun 2014, 7:33 pm

Yeah, it's called intuition. It happens to me a lot, I just know stuff out of nowhere. I'm not sure if its realted to AS though. I used to think it was because of my personality type (MBTI) being INTJ, but I'm not sure anymore. Everyone has it to some degree.

ConfusedAlot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jun 2014, 7:39 pm

Yeah, it's intuition.

Everyone has it, but I have read that Aspies (or other people that struggle with human interaction) have a tendency to have it more than others (or it is more pronounced). I think this is because our brains and instincts to survive are trying to compensate for the fact we can't always read people's intentions as easily as others can, or can't read facial expressions etc.

I sort of am a bit of an empath, and I think it's because I fail to really understand people's facial expressions, unless it's very obvious. You may sense someone is bad, if you aren't very good at picking up social cues too. It's a survival thing and something you should use in your arsenal to protect yourself and those you love.

I've read people having their hair stand up on the back of their neck around particularly bad people too, like murderers - and these people did not have Asperger's.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 7:42 pm

as a toddler, i always asked my mom if she'd get me out if our house caught fire. it did and she did. as a teenager, i was fanatical about getting my mom to wear her seatbelt (before it was a law). she had a crash. so, i have had some intuitive coups. i am an infj.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 8:10 pm

I have had strong correct intuitions in the past. Many about negative experiences coming.

I'm just dealing with a strong intuition situation now where I am not sure if the "facts" of the actual experiences are matching up with intuition, which is making me quite anxious. I have a very strong hunch about something, and I am often right. But I am afraid that I am wrong. I don't know if that makes sense.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 8:32 pm

nerdygirl wrote:
I have had strong correct intuitions in the past. Many about negative experiences coming.

I'm just dealing with a strong intuition situation now where I am not sure if the "facts" of the actual experiences are matching up with intuition, which is making me quite anxious. I have a very strong hunch about something, and I am often right. But I am afraid that I am wrong. I don't know if that makes sense.

Been there many times. :?

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 9:10 pm

Since I was a late teen, I had this very strong sense that I was going to die at age 35. What a horrible thing to carry around!

But, it pushed me to do as much as possible before then, so I just lived with the feeling. I finally told my husband when I was coming up on my 35th birthday and my anxiety about all of this was out of control. He did help me settle down.

But here's what happened: I walked the dog one day, and she was pulling on the leash hard. I got all twisted around and ended up with severe sciatic pain. The long story short, I had an old disc injury that I didn't know about. The disc "goo" had calcified and landed on my sciatic nerve. At the same time, I had a cyst compressing the nerve from the other side (the nerve was squashed flat.) None of this showed up on the MRI. Surgery eventually fixed the problem. But before they let me have surgery, I had to go through months of physical therapy, cortisone shots, and painkillers. I was in complete agony for 6 months. I was confined to my bed most of the time. At the end, I couldn't even walk to get to the bathroom and I had not a moment of the day when I was not in excruciating pain. I didn't *die*, but I sure felt like I was going to. And, for those six months, my life was at a complete standstill. I did not know how I was going to go on if the pain was not relieved. Thank God that the surgery healed me!

Anyways, my point is that my intuition did not reveal *everything*. But it showed me *something* true. I did not have all the knowledge to be able to put it together. But, I obviously had something right in the foreboding of that specific year. Weird, huh?

ConfusedAlot

24 Jun 2014, 9:10 pm

Yes, I agree.

I've been unsure many times myself and have always been bit in the butt, so to speak, when I have not acted on my gut feeling.

Trust in yourself - if something doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't right.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 10:36 pm

There are only 5 sense that we are consciously aware of. but the body actually has 7. the sixth sense is from our ears. our ears not only pick up sound but they are also gyroscopes as well and it's that gyroscopic function that goes to the brain without us knowing about it. the seventh sense is neuro-proportional feedback signal that come from are muscles and goes to are brain. Without it. our muscles will shake and spasm out of control. How well this system works also determines how good are motor skills are.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 11:40 pm

most of the time I have 5&1/2 senses, sometimes I have the sixth sense but not the other five.

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 11:43 pm

I have enough problem with the 5 I already have and dealing with them. I DON'T need another to overload my brain with! 8O

FireyInspiration
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 12:04 am

I have a sense of humour, does that count?

ConfusedAlot

25 Jun 2014, 12:19 am

That definitely counts :lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2014, 1:40 am

I don't know about a sixth sense, but I do pick up on thinks intuitively.