Page 2 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 7:33 pm

Quote:
We look like we are first to the fight, but in fact, our fights always leave an ally or enemy, with the least damage possible, relative to the stakes at hand.

You really drank the Kool-Aide.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 8:24 pm

Aspinator wrote:
This is a perspective from the other side of the pond. I was taught England became a sea power because that was the only way an island nation could survive. They had to ensure the sea lanes were kept open; it was a matter of practicality. I am not qualified to talk about British culture as I have not lived in England nor known anybody from there. I was also taught the American civil rights movement really started in England. When black soldiers in WWII were in England they were treated as equals; they came home to America, they weren't.

Britain has always been the number one, anti-racist country in the world.

My brother lives in China and Chinese people treat black people horrendously. Russia treats black people horrendously. It's enshrined into Russian law to be discriminatory towards black people, but is more of a cultural phenomenon in China.

These are the best places for black people in the world, in this order:

United Kingdom
Australia
United States

White people in Australia think that other White people in Australia are racist, and this makes black people feel more welcome, from a black perspective.

In Russia & China, very few people defend black people. It is like walking into a wild west saloon in terms of audience for black folk in those countries, where everybody is disturbed by your presence.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 9:50 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
This is how the British have resisted invasion, and which is why, despite the Germans having overwhelming advantages in World War two, such as spending many years preparing for war and the British having little warning of the war on a historical timeline scale, we owned them thoroughly.

The British are also the only people who thinks that.
I didn't know until a confused Welsh friend of mine asked me whether I thought Britain won WW2, to which I answered what I had learmed in school: the Americans and the Russians won WW2, with the Americans saving Britain's ass.
To which she answered she had learned the British fought off the Germans and were pivotal in the winning of ww2, but recently came across videos on youtube that didn't mentiin Britain at all and that got her wondering, so she asked me, who had grown up in Germany what I had learned in school.

I'm pretty sure the Americans don't learn much about the Soviet Union's importance, either, but the general hybris of the British keeps baffling me.
I guess hybris comes before the fall, and eventually it is that part of British culture that made it eventually insignificant in only half a century.... well, except for laundering money, of course.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 10:08 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Aspinator wrote:
This is a perspective from the other side of the pond. I was taught England became a sea power because that was the only way an island nation could survive. They had to ensure the sea lanes were kept open; it was a matter of practicality. I am not qualified to talk about British culture as I have not lived in England nor known anybody from there. I was also taught the American civil rights movement really started in England. When black soldiers in WWII were in England they were treated as equals; they came home to America, they weren't.

My brother lives in China and Chinese people treat black people horrendously. Russia treats black people horrendously. It's enshrined into Russian law to be discriminatory towards black people, but is more of a cultural phenomenon in China.

United Kingdom
Australia
United States

White people in Australia think that other White people in Australia are racist, and this makes black people feel more welcome, from a black perspective.

In Russia & China, very few people defend black people. It is like walking into a wild west saloon in terms of audience for black folk in those countries, where everybody is disturbed by your presence.

Weirdly, the most dangerous place for white people on this earth is Africa and some African countries a black person could walk around freely but a white person has to hire a team of body guards to protect their lives. I know this because someone I know runs a charity and has to do that each time she visits, and they say that only white people discriminate?

What I do find fascinating when it comes to peoples is how different peoples have moved across the world. Some if this shows the early north south, east west trade routes where Israel was at the centre in the old world. If one then traces people and where they settled many people groups (Tribes etc) be they white, black or any other shade can be traced following some of these routes.

North America was more then "Discovered" a lot further back then Columbus, though fair play, Columbus' trip was quite a feat in itself as heading such a distance not knowing if one would hit land in time before one starves to death of thirst or hungers for food etc before one finds land is certainly quite something!

It is often weird how we are taught that something happened at a certain date etc, and how we later dscover there is nothing new under the sun and others had done the same thing before "Us" or whoever else it was... It is humbling in a way because one realises the intelligence and perserverence of ancient civilizations that came before us.

Britain always has been a mix of many different people right through its history.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 10:25 pm

shlaifu wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Americans don't learn much about the Soviet Union's importance, either, but the general hybris of the British keeps baffling me.

If you enjoy history and thick books about it, check out Stalin's War, it really lays out the extent to which the US propped up the USSR and really screwed the pooch long term in doing so, there's a lot in there I hadn't seen before.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 10:31 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Aspinator wrote:

United Kingdom
Australia
United States

Weirdly, the most dangerous place for white people on this earth is Africa and some African countries a black person could walk around freely but a white person has to hire a team of body guards to protect their lives. I know this because someone I know runs a charity and has to do that each time she visits, and they say that only white people discriminate?

What I do find fascinating when it comes to peoples is how different peoples have moved across the world. Some if this shows the early north south, east west trade routes where Israel was at the centre in the old world. If one then traces people and where they settled many people groups (Tribes etc) be they white, black or any other shade can be traced following some of these routes.

North America was more then "Discovered" a lot further back then Columbus, though fair play, Columbus' trip was quite a feat in itself as heading such a distance not knowing if one would hit land in time before one starves to death of thirst or hungers for food etc before one finds land is certainly quite something!

It is often weird how we are taught that something happened at a certain date etc, and how we later dscover there is nothing new under the sun and others had done the same thing before "Us" or whoever else it was... It is humbling in a way because one realises the intelligence and perserverence of ancient civilizations that came before us.

Britain always has been a mix of many different people right through its history.

It is true. I read about Peter Hitchens & his experience in Africa. Whities get torn apart there. :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 10:32 pm

The British were certainly heroic during the Blitz.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 10:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The British were certainly heroic during the Blitz.

Yes.

British folk had to use blackout curtains and hide whilst the never-ending bombs dropped. It was all very insane & dramatic.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 10:40 pm

The Blitz in Britain.

My Great Grandma took my Grandma (both deceased) into the bomb shelters they had back then during WW2. My Grandma was only 8 years old during the blitz & developed PTSD and clinical depression, as well as Rheumatoid Arthiritis which was one of the worst cases doctors have ever recorded, leaving her 6 stone in weight and her muscles eaten away/eroded, whilst she hobbled around, like a Godly, unstoppable force. Her legs were covered in purple marks from steroids to combat the inflammation of the arthiritis, and her skin was as thin as paper, by her later years.

Watching her move as I grew up taught me that the impossible is always possible.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 11:11 pm

Being an island didn't stop Britian being invaded by the Normans. Or the Saxons. Or the Romans. Did I leave anyone off the list?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 11:14 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Being an island didn't stop Britian being invaded by the Normans. Or the Saxons. Or the Romans. Did I leave anyone off the list?

I only said it was an advantage, not an impenetrable, proverbial shield.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 12:36 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
The British are very peaceful considering we have a lot of freedom not to be, was the point of the post. Other countries are typically more violent....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

We've been ransacking our way round the globe for centuries, teaching other nations how to become mean-spirited, exploitative, sadistic, cold-hearted, hypocritical, cynical, narcissistic bastards.

I know other countries did this as well, but we were particularly good at it.

I'm quite enjoying this stage of our existence, where we're waking up with the mother of all colonial hangovers and going "Oh man, I have glimpses, like a bad dream.... tell me, what did I do?".

The irony is that like most parents, we cannot stop our kids from making exactly the same mistakes we did. The more we try to stop it, the more it happens. There's no point in offering been there, done that advice. "Shut up Dad," the Americans are saying, "this is great and it'll continue forever more". Boy do we have news for you.

The Chinese will be next, then maybe India.

Hopefully they'll have short memories, eh?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 2:38 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
The British are very peaceful considering we have a lot of freedom not to be, was the point of the post. Other countries are typically more violent....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

We've been ransacking our way round the globe for centuries, teaching other nations how to become mean-spirited, exploitative, sadistic, cold-hearted, hypocritical, cynical, narcissistic bastards.

I know other countries did this as well, but we were particularly good at it.

I'm quite enjoying this stage of our existence, where we're waking up with the mother of all colonial hangovers and going "Oh man, I have glimpses, like a bad dream.... tell me, what did I do?".

The irony is that like most parents, we cannot stop our kids from making exactly the same mistakes we did. The more we try to stop it, the more it happens. There's no point in offering been there, done that advice. "Shut up Dad," the Americans are saying, "this is great and it'll continue forever more". Boy do we have news for you.

The Chinese will be next, then maybe India.

Hopefully they'll have short memories, eh?

If you had at all read my post history at the point in time you were writing that post - you wouldn't have even said what you just said.

Have a nice day.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 7:10 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Aspinator wrote:

United Kingdom
Australia
United States

It is true. I read about Peter Hitchens & his experience in Africa. Whities get torn apart there. :D

I often wonder that because nearly all Africans want to come to the UK and North America to live, isn't it better to do a swap? They can all come to the UK and the USA and all the whites can move to Africa. Problem solved as we can start again there as Africa has a wealth of minerals to mine etc, and they can get what they want in the USA and the UK and it will solve all this black white racism issue on both sides and no one can complain. Have a rule that blacks only for the UK and USA and whites only for Africa, and for the few mixed families we can organize a nice country where they can live.

Sometimes solutions are so simple. It is the type of thing that parents would have to do to their squabbling children. :D

And yes. I am only saying this as a theory to create peace. We all need a peaceful life regardless of our racial background. Every one of us needs things to work for us, and this is one solution so we can all get peace and get what we want. Whites want the opportunities ad blacks want the lovely cities of London and New York where the pavements are made out of gold. (I have never seen this myself but if I had gold to do that I would do it for them).

And I only say this idea because living together is not really working as we keep getting these culture clashes. We blame them on racism but is it really that? Because I see it as clashes of different lifestyles which create the issues. No one is to blame here.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 15 Jan 2022, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 7:16 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Aspinator wrote:

United Kingdom
Australia
United States

I often wonder that because nearly all Africans want to come to the UK and North America to live, isn't it better to do a swap? They can all come to the UK and the USA and all the whites can move to Africa. Problem solved as we can start again there as Africa has a wealth of minerals to mine etc, and they can get what they want in the USA and the UK and it will solve all this black white racism issue on both sides and no one can complain. Have a rule that blacks only for the UK and USA and whites only for Africa, and for the few mixed families we can organize a nice country where they can live.

Sometimes solutions are so simple.

But what about the white people who are black people in white people's bodies?

I have a better idea - people should behaviourally analyse all of the people who are racists somehow, maybe with artificial intelligence, and then send all of the racists to Africa and see how long they last? :lol:

Maybe the white people involved in this hypothetical scenario, could do a pyramid challenge, climbing up the pyramids in their proverbial birthday suits whilst the Africans below them throw rocks at them.

If they fall, they get tickled by ten African men to one white man. Imagine the Autistic white man in that scenario. Entertaining.

A German white male gets tickled naked by 30 African males. :P :D :heart:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 7:37 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I often wonder that because nearly all Africans want to come to the UK and North America to live, isn't it better to do a swap? They can all come to the UK and the USA and all the whites can move to Africa.

Didn't they already try that? The whites colonised Africa while the Africans got an unwanted trip to the UK and the USA. It didn't end well.