Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 1:27 am

The end of time has come for humanity.
However, there is still 1 person alive on the planet, and that person is you.

What does your daily life look like then :?:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 6:39 am

Well... obviously my days would consist of ...looking for potable water, foraging for food, building shelter, and like that. Like Robinson Caruso. Basic physical survival.

What aspect of "politics, philosophy, and religion" are you going for by posing this question?

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 8:47 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Well... obviously my days would consist of ...looking for potable water, foraging for food, building shelter, and like that. Like Robinson Caruso. Basic physical survival.

What aspect of "politics, philosophy, and religion" are you going for by posing this question?

I put it in "politics, philosophy, and religion" because the hypothetical question forces me to philosophize what it will be like if i live the ultimate-solitary-life. I don't mean only how i survive physically but also how i survive mentally to be the only human being on planet earth.

My own answer may take a week or so.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 8:59 am

I would look for trains. Probably find money and live off McDonalds for a while?

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 10:38 am

No change for me, I’m alone now and would also be then, just need to work more to sustain myself. It would be something to observe nature revert back to the ruling power.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 12:53 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I would look for trains. Probably find money and live off McDonalds for a while?

you're not making sense.

What the heck good would "money" be? you're the last person on the planet. So no one is around to take your money. So you cant pay McDonalds nor would you be able to pay for anything else.

Though if you stumbled upon cash and coins you might be able to use abandoned vending machines. Assuming they still worked. Though you would probably just smash into the vending machines.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 22 Jan 2022, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 2:04 pm

God would be saying "There goes the neighborhood..."

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 2:37 pm

"The Last Human on Earth," A Question
'The Twilight Zone' Show on TV Asked

Last Century too, Where An Older Dude
Nagged Ceaselessly Every Day By His Wife Just Wanted

Some Peace And Quiet To Catch up on His
Reading List And Finally He Got His Wish of 'Time'

As 'Last Human On Earth' With A Whole Classic Pile
of Library Books

to Read

Yet Sadly
He Dropped His Only
Spectacles Breaking Them And

There Were No More Spectacle
Making Folks to Provide Sight to Read Books...

Humans Are Social Animals, i Suppose Ya Could
Do Like Tom Hanks And Create A Painted Human

Face Out of A Soccer Ball, 'Castaway' Or Perhaps Write Letters
to Yourself Now Becoming A Best FRiEnD With Within With Yes

Nary A Worry
If Anyone Yet

You Is Gonna
Pick Up A Ring
oF A Phone to Answer

Hello Back; It's True A Best
FRiEnD of You Is Never An
Imaginary Lover Indeed For

As Close to Other Folks We Feel

It Is Our Feelings Doing the Feeling

Where Folks Who Have Already Lost Those
Connecting Feelings As An Omega Human on

Earth

Understand

All Too Well;

And The Fact There Are
Many Omega Humans Living
on Earth Now True Even Studies
Show A Quarter Of Millennials Have

No Flesh And Blood Acquaintances At All; True,

Am i Real Now Or Just These Words on A Screen;

Still My SoUL SonG Reverberates HeART SPiRiT SoUL

Felt Feelings

Still Beating
Melodies And
Harmonies Yes

Senses in this
Act of Playing

With Myself Real

Yet True As A Social
Animal it Helps to Have
Someone HuManning A Grocery Store For Sure...

And Sure Now and Then Contact With Humans is Nice too...

i Have NO Problems Generating my Own Happiness Within; Yet it Still
Takes A Village to Appropriately Raise A Child Who Is Still An Adult too hehe..

i Am 100 Percent Extroverted in A Crowd of Hundreds of Folks Dancing And Totally
At Peace in Bliss of Breathing Peace And Exhaling Love And SaMe Alone Just Doing me

100 Percent

Introverted

too in Fact

i Switch Hit
Easily No Matter
DarK or LiGHT NoW

Just Unifying All into One Force of LoVE Real
Adapting to Challenge is What Brings Us This
Far Yet it is Worth Realizing That Without All of US

Together We Would Be Dead Meat As That's What Happens
to Social Animals Eventually Who Lose Each Other; Hmm... More
And More Humans are Finding Themselves in this Colder Reality Now

For A Social
Animal Overall
A 'Perfect Storm'
For A Vague Sense
of Loss That Lingers
As We Languish and No Longer Flourish in Thrive

Where There is 'NO Time' Just Forever A Dance And Song Free ToGeTHeR...

Yet Again, i Can And Will Switch Hit And Enjoy Both Ways of Life in Ease With SMiLes...

Yet Not Without
Someone Delivering

or Housing The Groceries hehe...

Oh Pandemic Days Please Go Away
So the Dance Hall Days Will Be Safe Again

Before

i Frigging Die, Hehe...
Meh, my Wife Probably
Ain't Gonna Let me Go Back Anyway HAha..

Just More Time, Just More Time, Forever Now to Read And Write...
And on Top of that i Am So Frigging Near Sighted i Still See Fine in

Old Age
Without
Spectacles hehe...

Damn, Life is So Fair to/FoR Me At Least..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 5:21 pm

No more videos to download - I presume the internet would stop working, and the electricity supply. Computer batteries couldn't be recharged. No more recording my music. No more playing it back. And I'd hate the loneliness. That's bad enough as things stand now, but at least I get something like social interaction here and there and there's always hope of it getting better. What about dental treatment? Suppose I get toothache?

So no, I'd rather keep things as they are.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 7:16 pm

I would live by the sea, foraging, sewing(my main creative outlet), swimming in the sea, reading … exploring.

If I was unaware that I was the last person remaining, I might leave messages in places I visit, in case “others” are out there needing help.

I’d also be doing what I do now, growing fresh fruit & veges, and gathering any medications, bandages etc to create a sizeable first aid kit. I’d be keeping a supply of candles and the usual supply of necessities for survival.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 7:30 pm

I would stand there and cry. While I do not like crowded areas and need my "Me" time, I do need someone to be alive who I can talk to on occasions. I need to know someone is there for me to function.
Oddly, I could not cope with lots of people around so I am not one who would live in a city or a town. Not unless where I live was secluded.
I need times where I am alone where I meet no one... BUT at the same time I could not be totally alone as I tried it when I had my own house. I just sat there as I had no prompts. It is odd. Somehow having someone around will trigger something somewhere which allows me to function. Yet I could not live in a large family. Only a small quiet one. Uhmmm...

The problem I have is if there is another person I did not know I would be too shy to talk to them unless they approached me.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 7:34 pm

I'd go exploring to.

I love trees and being out in the middle of nowhere away from people. I got into dispersed camping last summer and it was amazing. If I could live in a forest, in a tent, without dying out there, I would. But I also have people who keep me here...kids and a grandson. If they were gone and survival isn't an issue, that's what I'd do. I'd go vanish into a forest and explore. Then I'd go find another forest and another.

I might spend time exploring cities if people were all gone. That's what keeps me from going to new places now...all the people, noise, chaos... I find crowds to be way too overwhelming. Oh, and if legal issues were off the table, then I could go bust into old, abandoned buildings. I think that could be fun.

I think I'd just keep busy. There'd be so much to see and do.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 7:43 pm

I'd probably go exploring and end up doing something stupid, like falling off a cliff, drowning, or getting attacked by a bear.

ToughDiamond wrote:
No more videos to download - I presume the internet would stop working, and the electricity supply. Computer batteries couldn't be recharged.

Assuming that the planet isn't completely destroyed, it wouldn't be hard to make your own electricity. Gasoline-powered generators are noisy and smelly, but would probably be the easiest to find. Would also eat into your limited gas supply, if you plan on also using some for vehicles.
Solar panels are dead quiet, but have some drawbacks (less power on cloudy days, could be damaged by weather, etc.)
Depending on your location, you could probably rig up and/or tap into a wind or water turbine.

In I Am Legend/The Last Man on Earth (not to be confused with the Will Smith movie), the grocery store he frequented was run on a generator, and he'd make sure to keep it topped off with coal so the refrigerators would keep running.

I was looking into living "off the grid" once, most people do it with car batteries, so you'd just have to find a car port charger for your laptop (the "cigarette lighter" kind).

Find some DVDs/BluRays, no need to download movies.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 7:46 pm

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
Oh, and if legal issues were off the table, then I could go bust into old, abandoned buildings. I think that could be fun.

Yes, I love exploring old, abandoned places. There are tons of communities on the Internet devoted to it.
I love exploring places that aren't abandoned, as well, but a lot of people frown on that sort of thing, and it's a lot easier to get caught being somewhere you aren't supposed to be... ¬_¬

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 7:47 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:

In I Am Legend/The Last Man on Earth (not to be confused with the Will Smith movie), the grocery store he frequented was run on a generator, and he'd make sure to keep it topped off with coal so the refrigerators would keep running.

Find some DVDs/BluRays, no need to download movies.

And watch "I Am Legend"? :D

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 9:04 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Yes, I love exploring old, abandoned places. There are tons of communities on the Internet devoted to it.
I love exploring places that aren't abandoned, as well, but a lot of people frown on that sort of thing, and it's a lot easier to get caught being somewhere you aren't supposed to be... ¬_¬

I've seen some youtube videos of people checking out abandoned buildings. Some of the architecture, the details, that whole 'frozen in time' aspect of it all... too cool.

Heh. Isn't there a term for that? B&E? :lol: Yeah, that definitely ups the risk ante.