Page 5 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 8:34 pm

Erewhon wrote:
:twisted:

It was a woman.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 10:24 pm

^

Thats a good place to end this thread.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 2:02 am

It was my dog ​​Pukkie who knocked on the door 8)

To be continued.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 6:45 am

I would go to Area 51 to see if there are really aliens there :D

- George Bernie Shaw

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 7:14 am

knock knock....this is not what I expected

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 7:42 am

^
I have just now entered WP via four different browsers. The picture doesnt show up in ANY of them.

Sorry.

You will hafta to tell me what the pic is.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2022, 1:52 am

Part 8.

Although I think evolution is a special thing, I myself have not had much to say about reproduction.
Mating dances, the mating itself, were possible at the time of the revolution.
But since I am the last human on earth there has been little evolution in 'humanity'.
Now I don't know exactly what is and isn't in my belly, but I have a strong suspicion that there is no uterus in it.
If it had, I could have searched the labs of abandoned hospitals for frozen sperm cells. And then there's the question of whether that business can still be kept after almost six months. Is it bothering me that I am unlikely to bring offspring on the planet? No, to be honest I don't mind. And humanity itself is not bothered by it either, apart from the question of whether you can still speak of 'humanity' with 1 person on earth.
Years ago I read that it is forbidden by law to produce offspring as homo sapien by mating with a bonobo. The fact that I am now the last person on earth does have the advantage that there is actually no law anymore. Whatever I do in the future, there will never never be a fellow man who will sue me in a court of law. Courts themselves are still there, but no judges, lawyers. So I cannot be judged. Okay I can lock myself in a prison cell with some water and bread. In a way, I've been locked up in some kind of prison cell all my life. The cell is the planet itself, and the cell I can see as that within my skull. I've never cared much for a fair, the playgrounds that are still here and there I can swing, no electricity needed. It's just going to be hard to do that. Now I can stand on a seesaw in the middle
and move my weight from side to side, but then it's actually a swing and not a seesaw. "It takes two to tango" goes the saying. With mirrors I can start living in an illusion that there is another body on the planet besides my own body. Pretty much the same feeling a parakeet has when it sits in its cage looking at another parakeet. Now that I am on my own I actually look more and more in a mirror, not a literal mirror, but a spiritual one. A mirror where different personalities chatter with each other.
So far I'm doing pretty well, no need for S.O.S. send signals through smoke signals to other galaxies.

And the clock says tick, tick, tick.

To be continued.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 2:50 pm

Being the last person on Earth sounds like it'd get old real quick. It'd be like a solo survival mission which would bring a distinct set of challenges, which might not be all that enjoyable, even for an introvert.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2022, 9:06 pm

imagine "castaway" but with even less hope.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 7:45 am

The theme of this thread is stupid.

Unless...you make physical survival for yourself to be guaranteed (through some contrived magical means) in Erewhon's scenario.

Somehow food, shelter, and medical care, etc, just arrive to you magically without effort (or maybe without any MORE effort than now via holding down jobs etc).

So physical survival is off the table as a question. And that leaves only what the original poster was interested in...which is the question of how you would cope with it mentally/emotionally, or...like that.

So...what if you were somehow always healthy, well fed, and well sheltered, but were the only person on earth?

I guess that I still wouldnt like it. But its still a nonstarter of a question for me.