CNN trying to find out why people trust Rogan over them

Page 2 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 5:06 am

VegetableMan wrote:
I'm going back through my posts and I can't find anything that I've said that suggests you should rely on anyone for your information.

The implication from your post seems to be that Rogan's a more reliable source.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 5:09 am

The_Znof wrote:
hey bro, ^ if u think of any nicknames for dr phil please let me know

i havent watched any Rogan since live fear factor, but CNN are such dorks, Coumo and the pooper scooper, f**k off lol

Never watched Dr. Phil; I only know him by (dis)reputation.
The only time I've ever watched Rogan was back in his The Man Show days. That is, when it became sucky.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 10:16 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'm going back through my posts and I can't find anything that I've said that suggests you should rely on anyone for your information.

I don't see how you would come to that conclusion. It was just funny thst CNN is perplexed why people don't trust THEM, when the answer should be obvious.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 11:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

During trumps presidency CNN was going full orange man dumb and ebil syndrome, and when covid started this was over the top how much of the daily cycle was what horrible thing trump did or said.

one problem is they said trump said to shoot up bleach and s**t when even the fact checkers probable have me for a change there, he was kind of asking questions and not giving medical advice if you actully watch the vid.

So instead of showing the vid with enough context including trump saying he was talking about things under a doctors care, and might have even said something as bold as 'of course Im talking about under a doctors care here.

Im not even if they showed the source vid at all, but instead just said trump says to shoot up bleach.

Im not sure how far CNN went with this, the worst I saw was another US left MSM source, where they literally said trump said to shoot up bleach.

Its obvous in the way they do this that they just want to make trump look bad and dont' care if trumpers shoot up bleach, which im not sure more than a dozen or so out of 300 million would actually do.

While CNN may not be guilty of this like other stations this shooting up bleach bs, they do s**t like it all the time.

and Coumo and the pooper scooper are putz compared to Rogan

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 11:39 am

Nope, all the MSM left are full bleachtards, holy smokes man.

this is the highest googling hit of any kind with a contrary view

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/po ... 113754708/

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 12:48 pm

It's hard for me to understand why networks like CNN, MSNBC, and Fox have any viewers at all. How many times do they have to get nailed for their propaganda before people wake the f**k up?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 1:05 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
It's hard for me to understand why networks like CNN, MSNBC, and Fox have any viewers at all. How many times do they have to get nailed for their propaganda before people wake the f**k up?

People are very invested in not waking up, it's much more comfortable not knowing.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 1:20 pm

Dox47 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

People are very invested in not waking up, it's much more comfortable not knowing.

I guess I can sympathize to some degree with why people want to remain ignorant. It's not a very pleasant reality. We want to believe there is still something good about the institutions that have been corrupted by power.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 1:22 pm

I think there's a false sense of security believing you're part of the mainstream narrative. ^

It doesn't seem to matter what the narrative is, so long as it's popular.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 1:31 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I think there's a false sense of security believing you're part of the mainstream narrative. ^

It doesn't seem to matter what the narrative is, so long as it's popular.

Yes. It's always difficult to step outside of mainstream opinions and be an outlier. That's why I have immense respect for those who do.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 1:36 pm

At the end of the day, would I rather have a beer and shoot the shite with a CNN personality, or Joe Rogan?

Rogan - hands down.

That's not a political statement. I don't know enough about him or his politics to say that he's right or wrong. I don't watch CNN or any news shows, so I can't even say if they're right or wrong.

I just see Rogan as having a hell of a lot more personality, and thinking / inquiring for himself instead of following a corporate-sponsored script.

I wouldn't even want to talk about politics. He just seems like a more open-minded, approachable, real person.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 1:45 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I guess I can sympathize to some degree with why people want to remain ignorant. It's not a very pleasant reality. We want to believe there is still something good about the institutions that have been corrupted by power.

For sure, my aging Boomer mother for example gets really upset and depressed when I demonstrate how corrupt everything is, she'd much rather not know and keep her idealism than learn the truth and become a cynic like me. Every now and then I'm able to show her something, like the video of the Rittenhouse shootings vs the media coverage or clips of Joe Rogan vs what the media is saying where the bias is so clear and obvious that she has to acknowledge that I'm right, but she still doesn't want to know.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 2:07 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
At the end of the day, would I rather have a beer and shoot the shite with a CNN personality, or Joe Rogan?

Rogan - hands down.

That's not a political statement. I don't know enough about him or his politics to say that he's right or wrong. I don't watch CNN or any news shows, so I can't even say if they're right or wrong.

I just see Rogan as having a hell of a lot more personality, and thinking / inquiring for himself instead of following a corporate-sponsored script.

I wouldn't even want to talk about politics. He just seems like a more open-minded, approachable, real person.

It would be great just to talk philosophy with Joe. I always enjoy that. Or, perhaps, the best marijuana strains! Ha!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 2:16 pm

Haven’t seen CNN since I had satellite and that was just channel surfing.I wouldn’t use it for medical info or a podcaster.
I wouldn’t enjoy sitting down and visiting with anyone who laughs about people being coerced into having sex.
But that’s just me, I don’t find sexual exploitation funny.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 2:23 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I wouldn’t enjoy sitting down and visiting with anyone who laughs about people being coerced into having sex.

Who did that?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 2:30 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Who did that?

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-rogan-face ... 6692?amp=1
You don’t have to believe this source if you don’t want to.There are others .