Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 68 of 196 [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 196  Next

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:49 am

Email today from a model kit retailer in Ukraine included this from their website,
https://plastic-models-store.com/index. ... post_id=44

Quote:
Hello friends!
WE FINALLY OPENED AGAIN!
After the war started we urgently closed our office and team was evacuated to a safe place.
Now we returned back to Kyiv! And we want to get back to normal life.
We have been in touch with every customer during this period and we are very thankful for hundreds of emails we received via email, eBay, amazon and facebook.
Your support of Ukraine is very important and impressive.

BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDERS
I would like to say a separate THANK YOU to every customer who placed an order to support our store during a difficult time without even knowing when we could ship it.
Thanks to your orders, we were able to pay the salaries of our team all this time, who were forced to leave their homes and be refugees.

There were several orders where you wrote: "No need to send anything, use this money at your discretion"
And one of the comments to the order was: Don't send me the models, go buy bullets!
By the way, all donated money in such way was transferred to my neighbors I personally know. We bought already 3 thermal rifle scopes to them who are fighting now on the frontline.

FEW WORDS about ruZZian invaders.
ruZZian army is an army of barbarians, marauders and thieves.

I personally know this from the stories of my wife's father, who was under occupation since February 26 for almost 40 days.

Their village is located 22 miles north of Kyiv. The Russians left his village at the beginning of April.
Before leaving, they buried the corpses of their soldiers under the forest near father's house.
They stole from empty houses everything that can be sold or that has value. They stole carpets, TVs, laptops, household appliances, batteries, screwdrivers, drills, boat engines. They also stole trucks from the poultry farm to take out the loot. Then we saw photos of these branded trucks on the territory of Belarus with an ugly letters V and Z on the body.

There are also a lot of audio intercepts where ruZZian soldiers communicate with their wives and mothers. They tell them how much money they were able to steal, how they steal sneakers, clothes, perfumes, blenders and teapots from Ukrainian homes.

This is not an army. This is a shame for the whole world. And we all need to stop them together.

SLAVA UKRAINI!

And then the email text,

Quote:
Slava Ukraini, !
That's me again! Artem from PM-Store.
You haven't heard from me for a long time.
Now there will be more text than usual, but I have to share with you what we have going on.

You may already know, but less than a month ago we returned back to Kyiv and started returning to work after two months as refugees.

Early in the morning of February 24, our entire team woke up very early from the sounds of explosions and sirens. And instead of getting ready as usual and going to a cozy office, we were forced to flee the city.

All this time we have spent in terrible anticipation and with incredible faith in the Ukrainian armed forces.
Several guys from our office went to sign up as volunteers to the army, but they said that there were so many applicants to fight with ruzzians that there were not enough weapons and ammunition for everyone. They were put on a waiting list and sent home.

All this time, our team has kept in touch with you through messages. We are sincerely grateful that you agreed to wait for orders that we did not have time to send before the start of the war.

And we are especially grateful to all those who continued to place orders in the store, not even knowing if we could ship your order and when. I am grateful to you for the orders, where you indicated in the comments: Do not send order - go buy Bullets.

Every dollar of yours went to support our team and volunteer expenses for the army and the treatment of wounded soldiers.
Thanks to the courage of our soldiers, the consolidation of all Ukrainians and your incredible support, we are defeating this army of murderers, marauders and thieves.

Now, finally, we can safely say - the Russian crazy bear got in the teeth!
And of course: Russian warship go f*** yourself.

Despite the difficult situation on the border of Ukraine, we continue to work hard for you! And today we are launching the first sale since January with an 8% discount coupon for subscribers.
Support Ukraine and buy the best Ukrainian model kits at a discounted price.
As before, your parcels are dispatched twice a week.
Approx delivery time not is a bit longer and takes 3-4 weeks.

Stay safe and build mоdels!
To russians - don't build models, build democracy!

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 10:52 am

ironpony wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
There`s alot of war propaganda coming from both sides that you have to be careful of. Even a site i initially recommended back in feb - live map ukraine, i found is run by two Ukrainians so not to be trusted with map accuracy & news for an impartial view of the military progress.

I found another site Defense Politics Asia ( a Singapore based site ) that seems more impartial just slightly pro Ukrainian but to be more trusted about accuracy. Propaganda is all well & good for morale but i prefer to know what`s really going on.

https://www.youtube.com/c/defensepoliticsasia

If there is propaganda coming out from the Ukrainian side, what could the Ukrainians possibly say about the invading army that is worse than reality?

The following video goes into this in detail. It’s worth watching the whole video but it goes into propaganda significance after around 12-13 min.

You’ll see the point

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_contin ... e=emb_logo

- George Bernie Shaw

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2022, 11:16 am

personal opinions must be respected, Russia is obviously trying to return to its old glory

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 May 2022, 11:37 am

BlossX wrote:
personal opinions must be respected, Russia is obviously trying to return to its old glory

At the cost of murder, rape, looting and destruction if innocent people and their lives' work?
I have a suspicion that you are simply trolling for the fun of getting people annoyed.
I don't moderate here, btw.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2022, 11:39 am

magz wrote:
BlossX wrote:

At the cost of murder, rape, looting and destruction if innocent people and their lives' work?
I have a suspicion that you are simply trolling for the fun of getting people annoyed.

Well Russia is a country, it has invaded another country and now it follows the rules of war.
Simple, no?

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2022, 11:40 am

magz wrote:
BlossX wrote:

Rape is a consequence of undisciplined soldiers (not those who give the orders), murder is a consequence of war. Looting and destructions are part of war.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 May 2022, 11:43 am

Misslizard wrote:
Saw the post before you edited it.
Isn’t Google translate amazing?
I wouldn’t make too many remarks like that here.

I saw it, too.
I don't moderate here but I'll forward it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 11:45 am

:lol:

Last edited by Misslizard on 16 May 2022, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 11:50 am

The humanity of soldiers is far greater than their commanders might have you believe. Definitely worth watching.

https://fb.watch/d2ekceYE4E/

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2022, 11:51 am

goldfish21 wrote:
The humanity of soldiers is far greater than their commanders might have you believe. Definitely worth watching.

https://fb.watch/d2ekceYE4E/

Yeah these are few chosen ones shown on a video

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 11:52 am

BlossX wrote:
magz wrote:
BlossX wrote:

Well Russia is a country, it has invaded another country and now it follows the rules of war.
Simple, no?

Umm, yeah.. maybe if Russia was actually following the rules of war vs committing war crimes. In reality they’re not following the rules of war. At all.

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2022, 11:53 am

goldfish21 wrote:
BlossX wrote:
magz wrote:
BlossX wrote:

Simple, no?

Umm, yeah.. maybe if Russia was actually following the rules of war vs committing war crimes. In reality they’re not following the rules of war. At all.

Have you got video proofs of them breaking the rules of war?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 11:54 am

I think there is the odor of goats roasting under a bridge somewhere.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 May 2022, 11:57 am

BlossX wrote:
Have you got video proofs of them breaking the rules of war?
Not just video proofs.
There are plenty of international investigators around Kyiv right now, documenting the war crimes that have happened there.
What's your purpose in this thread?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 May 2022, 12:05 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
BlossX is no longer welcome on WP.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 1:51 pm

Isn't the term rules of war in oxymoron really? If there is war that means there are no rules, kind of like what the Colonol in the movie The Bridge in the River Kwai said.