Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 149 of 195 [ 3108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 195  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 11:30 am

The USA has given a good face to our politics and capitalism ..no offence to capitalism . This country has set up many political dictatorships around the world .At the cost of thousands of lives to set up , somewhat favourable countries to the USA but , maybe not be my place to critique , as i understand many places are much worse than here . But i am biased as a lower level local gov. based on the USA model of Gov. had my late husband murdered by some sort of unspoken agreement , that we were not made aware of till after the case of a dog attacking me and my husband killing the dog .But neighbours had friends in local law enforcement . And posed that my husband had abused this dog. And we had a rather evil lawyer to defend him/ us Whom used to be a part of another lower level gov judicial institution. Welcome to the real version of the USA
Do not know how this connected, but we were very much keep to ourselves people but It was after this threat upon my husband was made that a very close person whom we had help quite abit and his GF did the deed and then managed by miracle to be acquitted of the crime. Very odd.

where ever you go ,there you are

Last edited by Jakki on 03 Feb 2023, 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Feb 2023, 11:51 am

One of the things where I believe USA is a better hegemon than i.e. Russia is that USA does not export its biggest problems.
Norway is very closely allied to USA and it has completely different social system. This is true about most of Europe.
I won't speak about other places in the world because sometimes "exporting democracy", especially to Middle East, it is a disastrous idea - but Europe has native democracies that can cooperate with USA without importing your deep social problems.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 12:00 pm

magz wrote:
One of the things where I believe USA is a better hegemon than i.e. Russia is that USA does not export its biggest problems.
Norway is very closely allied to USA and it has completely different social system. This is true about most of Europe.
I won't speak about other places in the world because sometimes "exporting democracy", especially to Middle East, it is a disastrous idea - but Europe has native democracies that can cooperate with USA without importing your deep social problems.

In the Name of Gawd ..! , Lets hope they do not . :skull:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 3:22 pm

magz wrote:
It's interesting that Republican party in USA is split between traditional Republican "hawks" and post-Trump isolationists. Hoping for presidential nomination, DeSantis remains silent on the topic that interests me the most.

The commenters I heard claim that Biden is attempting to "boil a frog" - increasing the temperature so slowly that the frog does not realize when it's being boiled and does not jump out.

I thought Biden was on good terms with Macron. :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 7:11 pm

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
It's interesting that Republican party in USA is split between traditional Republican "hawks" and post-Trump isolationists. Hoping for presidential nomination, DeSantis remains silent on the topic that interests me the most.

The commenters I heard claim that Biden is attempting to "boil a frog" - increasing the temperature so slowly that the frog does not realize when it's being boiled and does not jump out.

LOLOLOLZZZ...awe thats just bad ,,! 8O ....... :P :P :lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 7:17 pm

To magz:
"Rock" speaks with a Polish accent. :mrgreen:

There is an English transcript that can be accessed, btw.

Quote:
Today's guest on „Rock Rachon” was John R. Schindler - a security expert and former National Security Agency analyst and counterintelligence officer. John tells us about the intelligence war that preceded the Russian aggression on Ukraine and that is still going on right now. Mr. Schindler, who's also been a Navy officer and a War College professor gives his frank opinion on the delusions that led to the Russian attack and shares his prediction for the future of the conflict.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 7:19 pm

Jakki wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:

LOLOLOLZZZ...awe thats just bad ,,! 8O ....... :P :P :lol:

I'm "Ba ba ba bad to the bone". 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 7:38 pm

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 7:42 pm

Pepe wrote:
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=411555#p9229264

Am not 100% sure on this but the original design of the Leopard was as a mobile artillery . But was built to deal with battle engagements . These tanks from what i read on Range to target statistics with deadly accuracy was almost one third farther than . Uhm..? 'Everybody Elses tanks'. So think any Leopards on the feild will be worth the physical
weight .. This is public knowledge for years now. How many Russian tank commanders would want to engage in that kind of combat ?. Unless they could produce somekind of Aerial Control .

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 8:21 pm

Quote:
In December 2022, Pentagon's John Kirby claimed Wagner group has 50,000 fighters in Ukraine, including 10,000 contractors and 40,000 convicts. Others put the number of recruited prisoners at more than 20,000, with the overall number of PMCs present in Ukraine estimated at 20,000.

Wagner Group - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Wagner_Group

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2023, 8:43 pm

We're all just a heartbeat from being vaporized. What a wonderful world in which we live!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 10:13 pm

Josh68 wrote:
We're all just a heartbeat from being vaporized. What a wonderful world in which we live!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 11:17 pm

Quote:
Russian propaganda turns its focus on Poland | Break the Fake | TVP World
TVP World
273K subscribers
26,978 views Feb 4, 2023 #TVPWorld
Every good propagandist must have an alternative up their sleeve. And Kremlin has one - the Alternative for Germany, also known as AfD. Many of the far-right party's politicians and operatives have long been repeating talking points straight out of Moscow.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 11:25 pm

Quote:
Ukraine War: Prof Michael Clarke looks at the battle for Bakhmut
Sky News
6.09M subscribers
183,487 views Feb 4, 2023 #ukraine #russia #putin
The battle for the Ukrainian city of Bakhmut looks to be reaching a tipping point.

Sky's Tom Cheshire and Security and Defence analyst Professor Michael Clarke have been taking a forensic look at the situation on the ground.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 4:17 am

Quote:
Russian army officer admits that troops tortured Ukrainian soldiers - BBC News
BBC News
13.8M subscribers
569,711 views Feb 2, 2023 #Ukraine #BBCNews #Russia
Allegations of brutal interrogations, where Ukrainian men were shot and threatened with rape, have been made by a former Russian military officer.

Konstantin Yefremov, the most senior officer to speak openly, told the BBC in an exclusive interview Russia now sees him as a traitor and defector, and he has now fled the country.

At one site in southern Ukraine, he said "the interrogations, the torture, continued for about a week".