Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 161 of 196 [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 196  Next

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2023, 3:11 pm

^^Nazis in the Ukraine is not propaganda, there is a far-right battalion in the Ukrainian military that have been identified as such by the U.S. Congress.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 4:06 pm

What’s keeping you on the side of the Russians?

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2023, 4:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What’s keeping you on the side of the Russians?

Look, if you say something that factually incorrect, I will correct it. I'm on the side of truth. I'm on the side of a negotiated peace before more corpses pile up. The truth is there is a Nazi element in the Military. That's not saying it's a Nazi government, alright? I'm against all invasions of this sort.

I'm trying to be nice, but you're making it increasingly difficult.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 6:41 pm

You don’t think there’s a neo-Nazi element in the Russian army?

I’m always nice…..no matter what.

It’s not a fact that there were Ukrainian soldiers lined up along the Russian border. There was no reason, as far as I’m concerned, for the Russians to invade Ukraine.

Your “niceness” or “nastiness” to me won’t affect how I feel about the situation.

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2023, 7:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You don’t think there’s a neo-Nazi element in the Russian army?

I’m always nice…..no matter what.

It’s not a fact that there were Ukrainian soldiers lined up along the Russian border. There was no reason, as far as I’m concerned, for the Russians to invade Ukraine.

Your “niceness” or “nastiness” to me won’t affect how I feel about the situation.

No, as far as I know there are no neo Nazis in the Russian army. They are, of course, following the orders of an authoritarian leader.

Of course there was a reason. I've explained the reason, right or wrong. I don't expect you to change how you feel about the conflict. I do expect you to follow the conversation and not make ridiculous assumptions. That's not too much to ask, is it?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 7:52 pm

-Prigozhin's Wagner supplies are being cut by Russian army.
(Politics is more important than military efficiency.)
-Russia lost 50% of its MODERN tanks. (Half of 1,800 tanks.)

Quote:
Update from Ukraine | Ruzzia cut all of the supplies to Wagner | Big Conflict inside Putler's regime
Denys Davydov
583K subscribers
85K views 1 hour ago

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 8:27 pm

Josh68 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Josh68 wrote:
Him, and the rest of the war pigs in Washington can crawl into their safe bunkers when the nukes start flying. The rest of us will be screwed.

And there is only ONE person you can blame if that happens.
Russia will not be invaded.
There is no rational reason for pootin to kill billions of people.

Wrong. It's just not that simple.

Wrong, it IS that simple.
Russia is not being threatened.
Its forces in Ukraine are.

pootin invalidly created a referendum so he could CLAIM Russian territory was being attacked, thus giving pootin justification to use nuclear force to protect Russian soil.
NOBODY took that farce seriously, hopefully not even you. :wink:

Josh68 wrote:
As much as you'd like to paint this conflict in black and white, nobody's hands are clean in this mess.

Where did I say any hands were klean?
I HAVE said that there is a lot of corruption in the Ukraine government, for one thing.

Plz don't misrepresent me.
You wouldn't like me when I defend my position.
I take no prisoners. :twisted:

And as to me being Black&White in my assessments, here... :lmao:
You don't know me very well.
I AM "The Oracle of Truth" after all, and you don't get to this position through B&W thinking. :wink:

Josh68 wrote:
NATO expansion after the reunification of Germany, despite giving Gorbachev assurances that it would mot push further east. It was lucrative for defense contractors to continue pushing closer to Russia's borders. What other country would take that lying down? The U.S. certainly wouldn't. Can you imagine weaponry lined up along the Mexican or Canadian borders pointed at America?

Firstly, "Europe" loved pootin and Russia's energy resources, especially Germany.
Secondly, NATO's defence budget was pathetic until pootin's invasion of Ukraine.
Thirdly, pootin has the biggest nuclear armaments in the world, I believe.
Who in their right mind would want to tangle with that?
Biden was shiting his pants at the thought of it.

No one in Europe wanted war.
They wanted a kumbayah fest.
Countries joined the NATO DEFENSE agreement, not the let's attack Russia agreement.

pootin is undoubtedly a psychopathic murderer, imo.
Simply look at all the assassinations he is responsible for.
Many ppl believe when orchestrated false flag attacks on his own ppl to justify attacking other sovereign nations.
I am one of those skunks, btw.

He has klearly made it, err, klear that he wants to "Make Russia Great Again" through the subjugation of sovereign nations.
There was a reason countries joined a defensive pact and why others want to join also.

Josh68 wrote:
MAD is a dangerous game to play, too. Don't think for a second that a nuclear e change couldn't happen. Mistakes are easy to make.

BTW, Let's be klear.
pootin is not a madman.
He is an egomaniac with a power lust that has no regard for human life.
The perfect leader, some may say. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 8:38 pm

Mikah wrote:

You DO understand why EX-Soviet satellite "states" want to defend themselves from resurgent "Russian" imperialism?
You don't even have to be Einstein's dog to realise that, right? :scratch:

Do you hate NATO or do you luv Russia?
What is it, Spitts or Swallows? :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 1:09 am

Josh68 wrote:
No, as far as I know there are no neo Nazis in the Russian army.

How about in Wagner Group?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagner_Group

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 1:59 am

I haven’t made any “ridiculous” assumptions. I’ve made very conventional “assumptions,” actually.

Your pro-Russia stance is quite evident. So what? My pro-Ukrainian stance is also evident. I don’t dispute that you don’t care for the “accumulation of corpses” and are not for all the carnage. That you want peace. Most clear-thinking people want peace.

Condescension is frequently a manifestation of an attempt to gain the rhetorical advantage. I don’t respond to it. I’m not deterred by it. I’ve had enough of it in the course of my life.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 18 Feb 2023, 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 2:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I haven’t made any “ridiculous” assumptions. I’ve made very conventional “assumptions,” actually.

Your pro-Russia stance is quite evident. So what? My pro-Ukrainian advantage is also evident. I don’t dispute that you don’t care for the “accumulation of corpses” and are not for all the carnage. That you want peace. Most clear-thinking people want peace.

Condescension is frequently a manifestation of an attempt to gain the rhetorical advantage. I don’t respond to it. I’m not deterred by it. I’ve had enough of it in the course of my life.

It's analogous to what gets called Enlightened Centrism. One pretends to be neutral while also only offering significant criticisms towards one side. An occasional token criticism of their pet side might be made occasionally, but at the end of the day it's just trying to pass one's biases off as neutrality.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 4:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Your pro-Russia stance is quite evident. So what? My pro-Ukrainian stance is also evident. I don’t dispute that you don’t care for the “accumulation of corpses” and are not for all the carnage. That you want peace. Most clear-thinking people want peace.

I have no idea who you are replying to. :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 5:04 am

funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Your pro-Russia stance is quite evident. So what? My pro-Ukrainian advantage is also evident. I don’t dispute that you don’t care for the “accumulation of corpses” and are not for all the carnage. That you want peace. Most clear-thinking people want peace.

It's analogous to what gets called Enlightened Centrism. One pretends to be neutral while also only offering significant criticisms towards one side. An occasional token criticism of their pet side might be made occasionally, but at the end of the day it's just trying to pass one's biases off as neutrality.

You rang? 8)

You do realise I am supporting the Democrats in the Ukraine situation and am actively against the Republicans on this issue, right?
I do do that sometimes. :wink:
I thought you would be pleased. 8O

This subject is personal, to me, btw. 8)

BTW, Did you come into this thread just to have a go at me? :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 6:03 am

Some concerns over media censorship in Ukraine over
1, Corruption and abuse of foreign aid
https://time.com/6249941/ukraine-corrup ... ky-russia/

2. Using civilians as human shields
https://www.npr.org/2022/08/04/11157568 ... se-to-civi

3. Spread of nazism in Ukraine
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cohe ... SKBN1GV2TY

It starts to look suspicious when a foreign government attacks amnesty international which is usually a sign they are desperately trying to cover up human rights violations.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Feb 2023, 6:12 am

1. Corruption in Ukraine is not something censored, it's been the main problem of this country since it started to exist. A lot is being done to adress it, even more needs to be done.
A fact that information about the cases of abuse of international help are public are actually indicators corruption is being fought instead of being swept under the carpet.
2. This report has been widely criticised within Amnesty International itself. https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/u ... continues/
3. We've really been talking about these 5 years old reports before. It's like justifying razing USA to the ground because MAGAs exist (even if they were in sharp decline).

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 7:54 am

I wasn’t responding to you, Pepe. That should be obvious, since you evidently express a pro-Ukraine stance.