Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 163 of 196 [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 196  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 2:10 pm

It’s too bad.

Belarus is a beautiful country.

My grandmother was born there when it was in the Russian Empire.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Feb 2023, 2:20 pm

My impressions from Minsk back in 2008 were: poor, with many communist monuments that wouldn't survive even in Russia, but also very neat, orderly and friendly.

Many Belarussians have come to Poland since then and each one I met so far was a really nice, friendly person. You know, small things - two Belarussian workers were repairing our staircase and my daughter couldn't open the door with her key, it got stuck and she lacked enough force in her fingers. She started to cry, they came and helped. That kind of small niceties.

I agree to a commenter I heard some time ago, that this nation deserves better leadership.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 5:27 pm

Blinken claims China ‘strongly considering’ providing Russia with ‘lethal assistance’

Quote:
Secretary of State Antony Blinken said China is “strongly considering” providing Russia with “lethal assistance” in its nearly year-long war with Ukraine.

Blinken, who met with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi on the margins of the Munich Security Conference on Saturday, said he warned Beijing against such a move.

“China is trying to have it both ways,” Blinken told NBC News’ Chuck Todd in an interview set to air on Sunday. “Publicly, they present themselves as a country striving for peace in Ukraine. But privately, as I said, we’ve seen already over these past months the provision of non-lethal assistance that does go directly to aiding and abetting Russia’s war effort.”

He added that further information indicates that Beijing is considering providing “materiel support to Russia’s war effort that would have a lethal effect.”

However, Blinken noted that China has not yet provided lethal assistance to Russia.

“We see China considering this. We have not seen them cross that line,” he said. “So, I think it’s important that we make clear, as I did this evening in my meeting with Wang Yi, that this is something that is of deep concern to u

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 5:39 pm

Josh68 wrote:
^^Nazis in the Ukraine is not propaganda, there is a far-right battalion in the Ukrainian military that have been identified as such by the U.S. Congress.

There are neo-nazis in the Russian/Wagner army also.
You are aware of that, right?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 5:44 pm

Josh68 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
What’s keeping you on the side of the Russians?

Look, if you say something that factually incorrect, I will correct it. I'm on the side of truth. I'm on the side of a negotiated peace before more corpses pile up. The truth is there is a Nazi element in the Military. That's not saying it's a Nazi government, alright? I'm against all invasions of this sort.

I'm trying to be nice, but you're making it increasingly difficult.

Yes, there are Neo-Nazi elements on the Ukraine side, but in what proportion?
There are Neo-Nazi elements on the Russian side, but in what proportion?
There are Neo-Nazi elements in Amerria, Australia, the UK, Italy, Germany, etc, etc...

Are we good now? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 5:46 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You don’t think there’s a neo-Nazi element in the Russian army?

I’m always nice…..no matter what.

It’s not a fact that there were Ukrainian soldiers lined up along the Russian border. There was no reason, as far as I’m concerned, for the Russians to invade Ukraine.

Your “niceness” or “nastiness” to me won’t affect how I feel about the situation.

You are Wrong Planet's "Huggy Bear". :heart:
Hoo doesn't know that? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 5:49 pm

Josh68 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
You don’t think there’s a neo-Nazi element in the Russian army?

I’m always nice…..no matter what.

It’s not a fact that there were Ukrainian soldiers lined up along the Russian border. There was no reason, as far as I’m concerned, for the Russians to invade Ukraine.

Your “niceness” or “nastiness” to me won’t affect how I feel about the situation.

No, as far as I know there are no neo Nazis in the Russian army. They are, of course, following the orders of an authoritarian leader.

Oh, doooood! :shameonyou:
You need to research more. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 5:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I haven’t made any “ridiculous” assumptions. I’ve made very conventional “assumptions,” actually.

Your pro-Russia stance is quite evident. So what? My pro-Ukrainian stance is also evident. I don’t dispute that you don’t care for the “accumulation of corpses” and are not for all the carnage. That you want peace. Most clear-thinking people want peace.

Condescension is frequently a manifestation of an attempt to gain the rhetorical advantage. I don’t respond to it. I’m not deterred by it. I’ve had enough of it in the course of my life.

I thought I was hiding my Pro-Ukrainian stance well.
I wonder "what gave the game away"? :scratch:

"Glory to Ukraine!", Hooah! 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 6:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Some concerns over media censorship in Ukraine over
1, Corruption and abuse of foreign aid
https://time.com/6249941/ukraine-corrup ... ky-russia/

2. Using civilians as human shields
https://www.npr.org/2022/08/04/11157568 ... se-to-civi

3. Spread of nazism in Ukraine
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cohe ... SKBN1GV2TY

It starts to look suspicious when a foreign government attacks amnesty international which is usually a sign they are desperately trying to cover up human rights violations.

It is well known that corruption is a problem in Ukraine, yes.
It is being worked on in order to maintain continued international support.

But don't forget who the villain is.
His name starts with "poo" and ends with "tin". :mrgreen:

You got it: "Putler". 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 6:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wasn’t responding to you, Pepe. That should be obvious, since you evidently express a pro-Ukraine stance.

I didn't think you were.
I was simply curious about who you were replying to.

I do wonder why you can't quote part of the post you are replying to.
I am guessing you are using a phone and that may make things more difficult.
But I do wonder why you can't simply add "@Pepe" beforehand, as an example, my huggy bear. :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 6:22 pm

Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wasn’t responding to you, Pepe. That should be obvious, since you evidently express a pro-Ukraine stance.

I didn't think you were.

But I do wonder why you can't simply add "@Pepe" beforehand, as an example, my huggy bear. :mrgreen:

Kraftie was responding to Josh68, the immediately previous post.
Aka the poster insisting they're not pro-Russian but also very much opposed to Ukraine continuing to defend their country from Russia.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 6:51 pm

magz wrote:
My Polish news outlet claims that after his visit in Moscow on Friday, Lukashenko disappeared and no one knows where he is...
That might be very ominous. Belarus wasn't a democracy and Lukashenko wasn't very civilized but for the last year, he's been doing quite a lot not to allow Belarussian army to join the war. If something bad happens to him now, Belarus may become directly commanded from Moscow. Even annexed.

Perhaps this is why pootin put so many troops in Belarus?

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2023, 6:55 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I didn't think you were.

Aka the poster insisting they're not pro-Russian but also very much opposed to Ukraine continuing to defend their country from Russia.

I never said I was opposed to the Ukraine defending their country. You need to reread what I've written in this thread.

Last edited by Josh68 on 18 Feb 2023, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 6:58 pm

Pepe wrote:
It is well known that corruption is a problem in Ukraine, yes.
It is being worked on in order to maintain continued international support.

But don't forget who the villain is.
His name starts with "poo" and ends with "tin". :mrgreen:

You got it: "Putler". 8)

Putin is beginning to resemble Saddam Hussein and we all know the propaganda and media manipulation over the Iraq war. It is naive to think that removing Putin (or Xi in China for that matter) will resolve underlying problems where there is regional tension like Ukraine or Taiwan.

The silly censorship of Russian sportsmen at the Australian Open left many of us bewildered that even the Australian government is participating in this exercise.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 7:12 pm

Josh68 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I didn't think you were.

I never said I was opposed to the Ukraine defending their country. Learn some reading comprehension skills.

Of course not, you don't need to directly say it when you just try to criticize the legitimacy of that defence while presenting excuses for Russia's behaviour. Of course, when this is noticed you claim to be opposed to invasions while still continuing the same pattern of behaviour.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2023, 7:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Josh68 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I didn't think you were.

I never said I was opposed to the Ukraine defending their country. Learn some reading comprehension skills.

Of course not, you don't need to directly say it when you just try to criticize the legitimacy of that defence while presenting excuses for Russia's behaviour. Of course, when this is noticed you claim to be opposed to invasions while still continuing the same pattern of behaviour.

Yeah, I refuse to be baited by those who are not interested in having an honest exchange of ideas on a given topic.

You have a wonderful evening!