Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 164 of 196 [ 3131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 196  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 8:10 pm

Josh68 wrote:
Yeah, I refuse to be baited by those who are not interested in having an honest exchange of ideas on a given topic.

You have a wonderful evening!

I'm sure you're going to keep acting offended when the same observation is made over and over again by different people, but of course, it has nothing to do with what you have said.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 8:44 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Blinken claims China ‘strongly considering’ providing Russia with ‘lethal assistance’
Quote:
Secretary of State Antony Blinken said China is “strongly considering” providing Russia with “lethal assistance” in its nearly year-long war with Ukraine.

Blinken, who met with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi on the margins of the Munich Security Conference on Saturday, said he warned Beijing against such a move.

“China is trying to have it both ways,” Blinken told NBC News’ Chuck Todd in an interview set to air on Sunday. “Publicly, they present themselves as a country striving for peace in Ukraine. But privately, as I said, we’ve seen already over these past months the provision of non-lethal assistance that does go directly to aiding and abetting Russia’s war effort.”

He added that further information indicates that Beijing is considering providing “materiel support to Russia’s war effort that would have a lethal effect.”

However, Blinken noted that China has not yet provided lethal assistance to Russia.

“We see China considering this. We have not seen them cross that line,” he said. “So, I think it’s important that we make clear, as I did this evening in my meeting with Wang Yi, that this is something that is of deep concern to u

I am surprised The CCP hasn't gotten involved already.
Perhaps they won't and are purely focusing on the Tawain "mission".
Getting involved in "pootin's war" might complicate things.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 8:55 pm

Josh68 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wasn’t responding to you, Pepe. That should be obvious, since you evidently express a pro-Ukraine stance.

I didn't think you were.
I was simply curious about who you were replying to.

I do wonder why you can't quote part of the post you are replying to.
I am guessing you are using a phone and that may make things more difficult.
But I do wonder why you can't simply add "@Pepe" beforehand, as an example, my huggy bear. :mrgreen:

Kraftie was responding to Josh68, the immediately previous post.
Aka the poster insisting they're not pro-Russian but also very much opposed to Ukraine continuing to defend their country from Russia.

I never said I was opposed to the Ukraine defending their country. You need to reread what I've written in this thread.

There are lots of misunderstands in general.
"Part of the human condition." :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 9:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
It is well known that corruption is a problem in Ukraine, yes.
It is being worked on in order to maintain continued international support.

But don't forget who the villain is.
His name starts with "poo" and ends with "tin". :mrgreen:

You got it: "Putler". 8)

Putin is beginning to resemble Saddam Hussein and we all know the propaganda and media manipulation over the Iraq war. It is naive to think that removing Putin (or Xi in China for that matter) will resolve underlying problems where there is regional tension like Ukraine or Taiwan.

The silly censorship of Russian sportsmen at the Australian Open left many of us bewildered that even the Australian government is participating in this exercise.

Disagree.
Not naive at all.
"Removing" Scot Morrison resolved many underlying problems with The CCP. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 9:48 pm

You know what I meant pepe.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 1:37 am

Josh68 wrote:
^^Nazis in the Ukraine is not propaganda, there is a far-right battalion in the Ukrainian military that have been identified as such by the U.S. Congress.

It's not imagination or Putin's propaganda
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/ben ... -rcna18529

In addition to Amnesty International, a number of other NGOs have made the connection between support for far right extemism in Ukraine, the discrimination reported by thousands of black refugees and the role of neo-nazi militia.

How much of the 40 billion in foreign aid went to Ukrainian Nazis is a question the US government find uncomfortable to answer
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202203/1254217.shtml

Even Ukrainian refugees who should be grateful for being given refuge in the UK are demanding seperate accomodation and schooling from black and muslim communities in the UK

Something is definitely wrong. not a cent more of aid to these people.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 2:24 am

cyberdad wrote:

Not that black & white simple, IMO.

There might be some racists, xenophobic, and even nazis amongst them - but not all nor the majority, so hard to justify Zero aid.

It's like saying ALL Americans are racists, xenophobic, or nazis when only SOME of them are one or more of those things. So, Canada doesn't just cut them all off from electricity and water etc - we still do business with them. Similar for aid for other countries.. just because there's a few bad apples doesn't mean we can just let them all starve/die.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 2:33 am

goldfish21 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Not that black & white simple, IMO.

There might be some racists, xenophobic, and even nazis amongst them - but not all nor the majority, so hard to justify Zero aid.

It's like saying ALL Americans are racists, xenophobic, or nazis when only SOME of them are one or more of those things. So, Canada doesn't just cut them all off from electricity and water etc - we still do business with them. Similar for aid for other countries.. just because there's a few bad apples doesn't mean we can just let them all starve/die.

This. 8)

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Feb 2023, 3:14 am

Josh68 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Josh68 wrote:
magz wrote:
I see no evidence for this at all.

That's actually rather strange opinion.

I think the fact that Biden has served the Military Industrial Complex quite well during his 50-year political career, and voted in favor of just about every U.S. war is is pretty evidence.

This is false. Biden's record can't really be boiled down to that sort of one-liner. He has unfortunately opposed a lot of good military actions in his time. For example, he opposed the Gulf War (as a Senator) and the no-fly zone over Libya (as Vice President), as well as the attack that killed Osama bin Laden (as VP). He's also been consistently dovish on Afghanistan, and along with Trump is one of the main people responsible for the return of the Taliban.

To be fair to Biden, he has supported good interventions (like the NATO interventions in Bosnia and Kosovo) and opposed some bad ones (supporting Saudi Arabia in Yemen). So it's not all disasters. But saying he "supports every war" is just wrong - Biden is more of a dove than a hawk.

Biden walked back his opposition to the first Gulf War, even criticizing Bush Sr for not going far enough and deposing Saddam Hussain. Since then he's been an ardent supporter of regime change U.S. foreign policy. To call him "more of a dove than a hawk" just isn't rooted in reality.

Well, maybe that's your view, but it's a rather unusual one, which suggests to me that you might be confusing Joe Biden with someone else. Don't worry - you're certainly not the first person to make that mistake. You shouldn't feel embarrassed. Politics can be confusing for some people, there are a lot of different personalities to keep track of. I notice that you're lashing out a little bit at people who have different views to you. This is a common but unhealthy defence mechanism. Let me reassure you - it's OK to be wrong sometimes, and you don't need to go on the offensive when people correct you. We all make mistakes, and attacking other people in a fit of emotion is completely natural, but it's detrimental to our community when users personally attack each other - please desist from doing it any further.

I don't see much benefit in repeating myself, so I have included my previous message in this one. Please feel free to review it. It contains prominent examples of Biden opposing US regime change, such as in Libya and Afghanistan - both cases where he was badly wrong.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 3:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
You know what I meant pepe.

That's Mr Pepe, to you... 8)

But seriously, pootin "disappearing" could very well allow for a reset by the NEXT pootin
pootin 2.0, if you will. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 4:32 am

goldfish21 wrote:

Massive difference
1. US does not use their citizens as human shields
2. US ministers in the Biden administration don't squander 40 billion dollars of aid
3. The US defence forces don't employ a Nazi militia with swastikas who have popular support across the US
4. The US does not stop people from leaving their country if they are not white (if anything they would happily show them the door)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 4:58 am

Quote:
"I stopped recruiting in prisons" admits Wagner PMC Founder in Interview with WarGonzo
HistoryLegends
245K subscribers
111K views 14 hours ago

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2023, 6:37 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Josh68 wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Josh68 wrote:
magz wrote:
I see no evidence for this at all.

That's actually rather strange opinion.

I think the fact that Biden has served the Military Industrial Complex quite well during his 50-year political career, and voted in favor of just about every U.S. war is is pretty evidence.

This is false. Biden's record can't really be boiled down to that sort of one-liner. He has unfortunately opposed a lot of good military actions in his time. For example, he opposed the Gulf War (as a Senator) and the no-fly zone over Libya (as Vice President), as well as the attack that killed Osama bin Laden (as VP). He's also been consistently dovish on Afghanistan, and along with Trump is one of the main people responsible for the return of the Taliban.

To be fair to Biden, he has supported good interventions (like the NATO interventions in Bosnia and Kosovo) and opposed some bad ones (supporting Saudi Arabia in Yemen). So it's not all disasters. But saying he "supports every war" is just wrong - Biden is more of a dove than a hawk.

Biden walked back his opposition to the first Gulf War, even criticizing Bush Sr for not going far enough and deposing Saddam Hussain. Since then he's been an ardent supporter of regime change U.S. foreign policy. To call him "more of a dove than a hawk" just isn't rooted in reality.

Well, maybe that's your view, but it's a rather unusual one, which suggests to me that you might be confusing Joe Biden with someone else. Don't worry - you're certainly not the first person to make that mistake. You shouldn't feel embarrassed. Politics can be confusing for some people, there are a lot of different personalities to keep track of. I notice that you're lashing out a little bit at people who have different views to you. This is a common but unhealthy defence mechanism. Let me reassure you - it's OK to be wrong sometimes, and you don't need to go on the offensive when people correct you. We all make mistakes, and attacking other people in a fit of emotion is completely natural, but it's detrimental to our community when users personally attack each other - please desist from doing it any further.

I don't see much benefit in repeating myself, so I have included my previous message in this one. Please feel free to review it. It contains prominent examples of Biden opposing US regime change, such as in Libya and Afghanistan - both cases where he was badly wrong.

Biden didn't oppose the war in Afghanistan. He had reservations about taking Ghadafi, but later said it was the right thing to do. Now Libya is a failed state, worse than it was under Ghadafi. If he had opposed both wars, I would give him great credit.

Nope, he's no dove.

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2023, 6:40 am

Pepe wrote:
Josh68 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wasn’t responding to you, Pepe. That should be obvious, since you evidently express a pro-Ukraine stance.

I didn't think you were.
I was simply curious about who you were replying to.

I do wonder why you can't quote part of the post you are replying to.
I am guessing you are using a phone and that may make things more difficult.
But I do wonder why you can't simply add "@Pepe" beforehand, as an example, my huggy bear. :mrgreen:

Kraftie was responding to Josh68, the immediately previous post.
Aka the poster insisting they're not pro-Russian but also very much opposed to Ukraine continuing to defend their country from Russia.

I never said I was opposed to the Ukraine defending their country. You need to reread what I've written in this thread.

There are lots of misunderstands in general.
"Part of the human condition." :wink:

Yep. There's one member I'll happily put on ignore.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 6:44 am

If I’m under another entity’s hegemony, I would prefer being under NATO than under Russia.

At least under NATO, I have the relative freedom to debate all potential subjects online. Under Russia, I would be scrutinized, and maybe arrested, if I called Putin a doo-doo head.

I have a vested interest in stopping Russian expansionism. I don’t want to live under their system of secret police and political repression.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 12:21 pm

Josh68 wrote:
Yep. There's one member I'll happily put on ignore.

This will tell you how to:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=390645

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う