Nobody interested in the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Page 65 of 196 [ 3123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 196  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 10:59 pm

Jakki wrote:
Interesting analogy about chess …. Used to play , but if my opening moves were countered , the rest of the game was pretty much over for me. The Putin forces seems to have used a similiar tactic , and their opening moves were countered . So hope this entire Ukraine thing , does not just become a game of attrition.

If we avoid a nuclear winter, the Russians will be neutered for the foreseeable future after this fiasco, like Hitler's Germany, was. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 11:02 pm

carlos55 wrote:
None of that sadly takes away the fact that this has become a NATO Russia conflict with no way out.

We are only one bullet away from finding a way out. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 11:06 pm

magz wrote:
But Ukraine has no strategic interest in going deep into Russian territory, so this scenario is very unlikely.
They have their own territories to regain, with supportive population. That's much easier than hostile occupation, way more understood, accepted and generally rational.
After regaining pre-Feb24 territories, Western support is very likely to switch from heavy weapons (to advance on terrain) to anti-missile (protection from shelling).

A venture into Russia by the Ukrainian forces will force pootin to redeploy more troops away from other fronts in Ukraine. 8)
It is a good move if it doesn't cause a nuclear holocaust. 8O

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 11:32 pm

Live on May 9th.
"200" is said to be the code used by the Russian military to transport soldiers' remains.

This shows that the Russians who do not support the war can already speak out publicly now, and may dominate.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2022, 11:44 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Live on May 9th.
"200" is said to be the code used by the Russian military to transport soldiers' remains.

This shows that the Russians who do not support the war can already speak out publicly now, and may dominate.

I hope this is the case.
It *feels* like pootin is on his last legs, politically, and physically.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 6:10 am

Quote:
European leaders have pledged a further $500 million euros in military aid for Ukraine at a meeting of G7 nations in Germany yesterday.

Britain's foreign secretary said European nations should embrace unity in the face of Russian aggression.

Sweden also wants to join NATO.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 6:23 am

what kind of mischief is russia likely to play on those countries that dare to join NATO?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 6:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
what kind of mischief is russia likely to play on those countries that dare to join NATO?

pootin is skrewed. :mrgreen:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 May 2022, 7:00 am

There are a lot of "200"s because Russians are using dumb tactics of "always forward", to which Ukrainians respond with "let them in, then destroy". Chornobaivka near Kherson has become infamous for it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 12:23 pm

In case no one's seen this yet.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 4:18 pm

Well after this war is over, will it be awkward for NATO countries to resume trade with Russia after, politically or not really?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 6:15 pm

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
It wasn't Soviet superior communication, planning or tactics that won.
It was the over-extended supply chains of the Germans, the Soviet winter, the moving of Soviet industry to the east, the massive amount of manpower, and the resolve of the Soviet people as a result of *their* country being invaded.
Sound familiar? ;)
Yep. It wasn't superior planning and tactics by Soviets, it was inferior planning and tactics by Germans ;)

If it hadn't been for Amuurian supplies/lend-lease, the Germans would have conquered The U.S.S.R.
Sound familiar? :wink:

Find and Read the book “ Lyme and the S.S. Elbe” It is full of Freedom of Information Act Citations . Most
Had been requested before our government here started to redact things that people made requests for.
It raised the ire of the US gov. The author was hounded and put under such mental stress after its publication that she went on the run and into hiding . I believe until she died .
This will give you a very different veiw of WW2 and tactics . During the push into Russia , Germany had several high ranking Generals at least 2 , whom held Communist beliefs . a General Paulus was in charge of the Southern swing of Germanys assault into Russia . It would have been a giant Pincher movement . Coming up from below , into Russia while Stalingrad was under siege . General Paulus , did not follow orders . He stalled his Armies at a pass into a valley that led into the heart of Russia. Providing no relief for the Armies assaulting Stalingrad.
Was rumored that the Russians had employed chemical weapons at this pass. But this is a skeptical excuse as the Germans had experience with Chemical weapons all the way back from WW1 . It would be hard to believe that the Germans did not have access to protective equipment even back then.
Believe me the above listed book is a eye opener. I could not get through it . By the second to the last chapter it had throughly changed my opinions about how Our government and others did business . Could not bear to read anymore . Life was overwhelming enough without having read all the FOIA requests . It is not a happy book . :cry:

where ever you go ,there you are

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 6:17 pm

ironpony wrote:
Well after this war is over, will it be awkward for NATO countries to resume trade with Russia after, politically or not really?

Get rid of Hitler pootin and there will be a political reset. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 6:21 pm

Jakki wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
It was the over-extended supply chains of the Germans, the Soviet winter, the moving of Soviet industry to the east, the massive amount of manpower, and the resolve of the Soviet people as a result of *their* country being invaded.
Sound familiar? ;)
Yep. It wasn't superior planning and tactics by Soviets, it was inferior planning and tactics by Germans ;)

If it hadn't been for Amuurian supplies/lend-lease, the Germans would have conquered The U.S.S.R.

Find and Read the book “ Lyme and the S.S. Elbe” It is full of Freedom of Information Act Citations . Most
Had been requested before our government here started to redact things that people made requests for.
It raised the ire of the US gov. The author was hounded and put under such mental stress after its publication that she went on the run and into hiding . I believe until she died .
This will give you a very different veiw of WW2 and tactics . During the push into Russia , Germany had several high ranking Generals at least 2 , whom held Communist beliefs . a General Paulus was in charge of the Southern swing of Germanys assault into Russia . It would have been a giant Pincher movement . Coming up from below , into Russia while Stalingrad was under siege . General Paulus , did not follow orders . He stalled his Armies at a pass into a valley that led into the heart of Russia. Providing no relief for the Armies assaulting Stalingrad.
Was rumored that the Russians had employed chemical weapons at this pass. But this is a skeptical excuse as the Germans had experience with Chemical weapons all the way back from WW1 . It would be hard to believe that the Germans did not have access to protective equipment even back then.
Believe me the above listed book is a eye opener. I could not get through it . By the second to the last chapter it had throughly changed my opinions about how Our government and others did business . Could not bear to read anymore . Life was overwhelming enough without having read all the FOIA requests . It is not a happy book . :cry:

I find it difficult to believe General Paulus was a covert communist working for the Soviets, sorry. 8)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 6:33 pm

Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Get rid of Hitler pootin and there will be a political reset. 8)

But no one plans to get rid of him. So far the plan is to just discourage him out of it.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 6:55 pm

Pepe wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Sound familiar? ;)

I find it difficult to believe General Paulus was a covert communist working for the Soviets, sorry. 8)

In the interest of Clarification .: :oops:
Please seperate political beliefs from peoples job positions , It is not considered bad taste to be a republican in a democratic state. As early in the war , Germany was aligned with Russia. Being a Communist was not a crime in Germany then . But being a Russian Communist when Germany turned on Russia . Would have been a issue .
In spite of your beliefs , it is quite impossible to change history . :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are