Page 2 of 14 [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,119
Location: Australia

14 Mar 2022, 6:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
It should be pointed out that the same people in Florida, and elsewhere, also are pushing the Anti-CRT


I think the hot weather in Florida must be frying their brains. The Fort Lauterdale Police department hired a senior cop to introduce diversity and then fired him for discriminating against white people :roll:


I mean how dumb or low do you have to sink to pull this??


Based on what I heard from a reliable sauce source, he *did* discriminated against whites and made racist comments such as:
"There are too many white faces on the board."
Most reasonable people would consider that inappropriate.


Yeah, but he was hired to bring in diversity (he's white).


He is biracial.

Quote:
Scirotto, the son of a white mother and Black father and the department's first gay chief, says he's hired attorney David Di Pietro to represent him.6 days ago

Fired biracial chief was not part of 'good old boys club' - Sun ...


https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/05/us/f ... index.html


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,119
Location: Australia

14 Mar 2022, 6:04 am

magz wrote:
Not allowing talking about sexual orientation below some age brings all kinds of bad things, just like not talking to children about sex results in more teen pregnancies, not less.
If responsible adults don't bring up the topic first, it will be the street teaching it to them.

My daugther asked me about gays when she was 5. She wanted to know. Thinking of age-appropriate language, I told her "they are men who fall in love with other men, not women". That was a satisfying answer for her.

Should we really be banned from giving answers about the reality around us? That's unhealthy.

Discussion on age-appropriate level of details and language should be held, instead.


Did you force the concept of "gay" onto your daughter?


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,740
Location: Poland

14 Mar 2022, 6:18 am

No, the reality around us did.
Come on, it's part of culture, part of public dispute. Hard not to hear the word and hard not to be curious about it.

The ones most forcing the concept on children here are anti-gay propaganda vans spewing really gross aspersions on LGBT communities using mobile loudspeakers.
Explaining their claims to my children was way harder than "men who fall in love with other men".


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,119
Location: Australia

14 Mar 2022, 6:58 am

magz wrote:
No, the reality around us did.
Come on, it's part of culture, part of public dispute. Hard not to hear the word and hard not to be curious about it.

The ones most forcing the concept on children here are anti-gay propaganda vans spewing really gross aspersions on LGBT communities using mobile loudspeakers.
Explaining their claims to my children was way harder than "men who fall in love with other men".


Is your daughter (children) under 5 years of age?
Would you prefer a teacher or yourself to explain luv between two men, if they were?


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,740
Location: Poland

14 Mar 2022, 7:10 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
No, the reality around us did.
Come on, it's part of culture, part of public dispute. Hard not to hear the word and hard not to be curious about it.

The ones most forcing the concept on children here are anti-gay propaganda vans spewing really gross aspersions on LGBT communities using mobile loudspeakers.
Explaining their claims to my children was way harder than "men who fall in love with other men".


Is your daughter (children) under 5 years of age?
Would you prefer a teacher or yourself to explain luv between two men, if they were?

Now she isn't 5. She was when we first talked about it.

I wouldn't mind it at school, within age-appropriate boundaries. I actually very officially declared at my kids' school that I agree for my children to take part in anti-discrimination initiatives, provided the contents were age-appropriate - the context were exactly local LGBT rights controversies.

I think the discussion on weather to have such classes or not should happen on the school or even class level, not state legislation level.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,119
Location: Australia

14 Mar 2022, 7:20 am

magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
No, the reality around us did.
Come on, it's part of culture, part of public dispute. Hard not to hear the word and hard not to be curious about it.

The ones most forcing the concept on children here are anti-gay propaganda vans spewing really gross aspersions on LGBT communities using mobile loudspeakers.
Explaining their claims to my children was way harder than "men who fall in love with other men".


Is your daughter (children) under 5 years of age?
Would you prefer a teacher or yourself to explain luv between two men, if they were?

Now she isn't 5. She was when we first talked about it.

I wouldn't mind it at school, within age-appropriate boundaries. I actually very officially declared at my kids' school that I agree for my children to take part in anti-discrimination initiatives, provided the contents were age-appropriate.

I think the discussion on weather to have such classes or not should happen on the school or even class level, not state legislation level.


And would you be happy if the skool "educated" your child about political subjects/concepts you disagree with?


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,740
Location: Poland

14 Mar 2022, 7:23 am

Pepe wrote:
And would you be happy if the skool "educated" your child about political subjects/concepts you disagree with?
I'd like to have a discussion on it in class parents' community, not the state telling me what to do and what not to do.
I'd like to have a right to opt out my child from controversial classes but not to have them banned.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,119
Location: Australia

14 Mar 2022, 7:30 am

magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
And would you be happy if the skool "educated" your child about political subjects/concepts you disagree with?
I'd like to have a discussion on it in class parents' community, not the state telling me what to do and what not to do.
I'd like to have a right to opt out my child from controversial classes but not to have them banned.

So you don't want teachers to force an ideology onto 4 year olds?
Are there situations you know of where you aren't given the choice?
Are you always advised about what non-skooling subject matter is introduced to your children?


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,740
Location: Poland

14 Mar 2022, 7:49 am

What is "forcing an ideology"?
I'm not religious myself but there was a lot of religion-related stuff in my kids' preschool - and I think it's acceptable, that's a part of the local culture.

Explaining sexual orientations in age-appropriate, neutral terms is not ideology, it's knowledge. Just like sex ed. If some find it controversial, I'm okay with a possibility of opting out but, man, not ban.
Silencing the topic is forcing an ideology in my book.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>


txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2021
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,411
Location: US

14 Mar 2022, 7:50 am

Irony:
At the extreme, some of the books listed for kindergarten have graphics that would go against the t&c's of this forum.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,119
Location: Australia

14 Mar 2022, 8:18 am

magz wrote:
What is "forcing an ideology"?
I'm not religious myself but there was a lot of religion-related stuff in my kids' preschool - and I think it's acceptable, that's a part of the local culture.

Explaining sexual orientations in age-appropriate, neutral terms is not ideology, it's knowledge. Just like sex ed. If some find it controversial, I'm okay with a possibility of opting out but, man, not ban.
Silencing the topic is forcing an ideology in my book.


Oh, you are still here. lol

Well, when I was in kindergarten, I was taught about the alphabet and numbers, started to learn how to read and write, played with toys, ran around outside and had half an hour's sleep at lunchtime.
I wasn't "educated" about sex education or how the republicans are evil because a lot of them don't believe in climate catastrophisation that defied logic and allowed the biggest emitters of CO2 to continue to do so for decades to come.

Regarding religious teaching:
If a religious teacher were to "educate" your 4 year old child that if gay men put their "dickyboy" in another man's tushy, they would go to hell for eternity. Would you be happy with that or would you think it ideologically offensive and age-inappropriate?

I think forced sex education is appropriate for older ages, not for children in kindergarten, and that is what Desantis is saying, also.

Letting a child approach the parents with questions is the better way to go, imo.
Isn't it the responsibility of parents to educate their kids about these sorts of things rather than children be ambushed in a classroom with concepts that may simply confuse children who haven't even formed a question about the subject?

Past 12am here.
Off to bed.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,740
Location: Poland

14 Mar 2022, 8:31 am

I think what you present here is a very dishonest caricature of what I say.

I exactly told you what level of details I found appropriate when talking about gays to a 5yo.
Up to third grade is much more than just kindergarten. Technical details should be spared but explaining meaning of a word present in language and discourse is just knowledge. Knowledge shouldn't be banned at school.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,748
Location: Queens, NYC

14 Mar 2022, 8:49 am

In real life, these sorts of things are not taught in lower-grades classrooms.

Teachers don't talk about "climate change" except maybe in very general terms---and, very definitely, they don't talk about what gay people do in their sexual lives. Nor even about what straight people do in their sexual lives.



magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,740
Location: Poland

14 Mar 2022, 8:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
In real life, these sorts of things are not taught in lower-grades classrooms.

Teachers don't talk about "climate change" except maybe in very general terms---and, very definitely, they don't talk about what gay people do in their sexual lives. Nor even about what straight people do in their sexual lives.

Pre-schoolers here don't get sold climate scare but they do have talks about how important it is to care for the environment in general and in examples. They do talk about safety rules when using internet. They are trained in evacuation and fire safety. There are classes on first aid and on healthy eating. They have people invited who teach them not to accept food or drinks from strangers and how not to be an easy target for possible abductors. They have lessons about hygiene, including intimate hygiene. They even learned about drugs from a policeman invited to the kintergarten.

A lot of topics can be presented in ways appropriate for preschoolers: without unnecessary details but informatively.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,748
Location: Queens, NYC

14 Mar 2022, 9:14 am

^That's exactly the way it should be.

We must teach in age-appropriate ways----but we must not withhold information.

If we withhold information, kids tend to learn (say, about sexual matters) from older kids who learn from less than savory people who don't have the best intentions. This happened, frequently, in the United States up to about the 1970s.



magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,740
Location: Poland

14 Mar 2022, 9:29 am

^ This is why I find banning the topic a completely wrong approach.
There should be boundaries and guidelines on how not to talk but not on what not to talk about.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>