Page 10 of 14 [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,825
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

19 Mar 2022, 5:21 pm

txfz1 wrote:
I think I understand your point and basically agree with it. I don't have an issue with "Heather has Two Mommies" as explaining to children parenting/relationships. "My Princess Boy" which was designed to tell five year olds they can change their gender is pushing the limits, imo.


Disagree.

Children at 5 can experience gender dysphoria due to being Transgendered. Why shouldn't they have an age appropriate education of it's existence so that they know what they're experiencing is an actual known thing and they're not crazy and there's nothing wrong with them?

Withholding basic facts like this is damaging to Trans kids and serves no purpose except to enforce some adult decision makers' bigotry.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,194
Location: Australia

19 Mar 2022, 5:42 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Pepe wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Pepe wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
You've overlooked a key part of the bill as it's not all students, it limits the age (kindergarten to third grade).


So...

The law is not harmful because...it only bans talking about LBGT issues in the grade levels in which those issues are not talked about ANY way? Which means the law doesnt do anything ...helpful, or harmful. So its just a useless law. Just PR.

A useless law being pushed by the Florida GOP just to pander for votes - because the local GOP has nothing of substence to offer voters...so it just panders to the culture wars with inane legislation like this?

Well OKAY...thats great!

Lets just have a useless law that only exist to make the GOP look like its busy protecting family values...when in fact the GOP is not doing squat for you! :lol:


.
I have also pointed out that some concepts are too complicated for young minds to comprehend.
I.E. What may be discussed is "Age Inappropriate".

Thats already addressed in what I said. I said the issues are already NOT discussed at those grade levels so this new law forbids what is already NOT done anyway.


So what is the problem, then?

Also, look at my thread: "Activist Teachers". 8)
viewtopic.php?t=404668#p9000395


Thats for YOU to tell me.


So, you are the ultimate arbiter of the Truth?
Because you say something, that is the end of the conversation?
"I don't think so, Tim."

You are missing my point, time and time again.
"Read my lips."
I don't agree with your assessment. 8)


naturalplastic wrote:
I just got through saying that...this law doesnt solve any actual problem.


I know you believe that.
And I keep saying it does.
Read my "Activist Teachers" thread.

naturalplastic wrote:
So why is it being enacted?

Seriously, how often do I have to repeat myself? :scratch:

naturalplastic wrote:
Apparently you agree - that it doesnt solve any problem- so- you agree that it shouldnt be enacated. :D


You seem to be having comprehension problems.
Where did I say I agree with you.
I am saying if you think it doesn't solve a problem because the problem isn't there, what is the problem?


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 60,060
Location: Over there

19 Mar 2022, 5:57 pm

 ! Cornflake wrote:
Pepe wrote:
So, you are the ultimate arbiter of the Truth?
Because you say something, that is the end of the conversation?
Hypocrisy, thy name is Pepe. A reminder of your signature: The Oracle of Truth has spoken... 8)

Quote:
You are missing my point, time and time again.
So try explaining it better instead of blaming others.


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,194
Location: Australia

19 Mar 2022, 6:02 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

So what is the problem, then?

Also, look at my thread: "Activist Teachers". 8)
viewtopic.php?t=404668#p9000395


Even if it doesn’t restrict anything in actuality, the entire PR campaign promotes homophobia/transphobia. That’s the problem, manipulating minds of mentally ill people and teaching them that bigotry against lgbt people is a-okay since it’s government sanctioned. Governments should Not be teaching people to fear or hate lgbt people. Grow up; lgbt rights are human rights. Knock it off with the oppression and move on to working on betting society instead of trying to drag it backwards.


All I see is the campaign that misrepresents the bill.
That is why I started another thread with the title of ""Parental Rights in Education" bill"
viewtopic.php?t=404663#p9000277

The irony is that the bill doesn't want the minds of kindergarten children to have their minds manipulated by political activism.

The bill would outlaw "bigotry against lgbt people" and presumably, religious activist teachers also.

So, who are you telling to grow up?
Me?


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2021
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,411
Location: US

19 Mar 2022, 6:48 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
I think I understand your point and basically agree with it. I don't have an issue with "Heather has Two Mommies" as explaining to children parenting/relationships. "My Princess Boy" which was designed to tell five year olds they can change their gender is pushing the limits, imo.


Disagree.

Children at 5 can experience gender dysphoria due to being Transgendered. Why shouldn't they have an age appropriate education of it's existence so that they know what they're experiencing is an actual known thing and they're not crazy and there's nothing wrong with them?

Withholding basic facts like this is damaging to Trans kids and serves no purpose except to enforce some adult decision makers' bigotry.


Define gender dysphoria due to be transgendered? Lots of five year old children think they are a different gender and grow out of it. Some don't. Explain to them it's natural at that age and allow them to develop naturally without grooming or starting puberty blockers.

You would start puberty blockers on a five year that thought it was a different gender? Some five years olds think they're a horse, or superman, and sometimes invisible. It's the parents decision and not the schools to define the education material.

Suicide rate for the transgendered is too high and above the norm for the population. I never said withhold basic facts.



Last edited by txfz1 on 19 Mar 2022, 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,969

19 Mar 2022, 6:49 pm

The issue of what age children should be exposed to these concepts should be left to educators and school psychologists. People who know what they are doing.

Not to moronic republicans or the MAGA brigade who rely on their version of white jesus who in their minds only blesses straight white christians.

Anyone who takes advice ftom De Santis should realise he demonstrates a poor understanding of these issues and should really be censured,



txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2021
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,411
Location: US

19 Mar 2022, 7:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The issue of what age children should be exposed to these concepts should be left to educators and school psychologists. People who know what they are doing.

Not to moronic republicans or the MAGA brigade who rely on their version of white jesus who in their minds only blesses straight white christians.

Anyone who takes advice ftom De Santis should realise he demonstrates a poor understanding of these issues and should really be censured,


Educators and the entire education system is a waste of money in the US. This money is obtained by the gov't gun and we rank really bad on the list. A solution could be school vouchers. Are you claiming blue state eds outrank the red states?



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,969

19 Mar 2022, 7:34 pm

txfz1 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The issue of what age children should be exposed to these concepts should be left to educators and school psychologists. People who know what they are doing.

Not to moronic republicans or the MAGA brigade who rely on their version of white jesus who in their minds only blesses straight white christians.

Anyone who takes advice ftom De Santis should realise he demonstrates a poor understanding of these issues and should really be censured,


Educators and the entire education system is a waste of money in the US. This money is obtained by the gov't gun and we rank really bad on the list. A solution could be school vouchers. Are you claiming blue state eds outrank the red states?


You are drawing on broader issues. I am focusing on De Santis (and other republicans) current obsession over introducing discussion of sex or race in the school curriculum.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,825
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

19 Mar 2022, 7:36 pm

txfz1 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
I think I understand your point and basically agree with it. I don't have an issue with "Heather has Two Mommies" as explaining to children parenting/relationships. "My Princess Boy" which was designed to tell five year olds they can change their gender is pushing the limits, imo.


Disagree.

Children at 5 can experience gender dysphoria due to being Transgendered. Why shouldn't they have an age appropriate education of it's existence so that they know what they're experiencing is an actual known thing and they're not crazy and there's nothing wrong with them?

Withholding basic facts like this is damaging to Trans kids and serves no purpose except to enforce some adult decision makers' bigotry.


Define gender dysphoria due to be transgendered? Lots of five year old children think they are a different gender and grow out of it. Some don't. Explain to them it's natural at that age and allow them to develop naturally without grooming or starting puberty blockers.

You would start puberty blockers on a five year that thought it was a different gender? Some five years olds think they're a horse, or superman, and sometimes invisible. It's the parents decision and not the schools to define the education material.

Suicide rate for the transgendered is too high and above the norm for the population. I never said withhold basic facts.


Why would you jump to the conclusion of prescribing puberty blockers to a 5 year old that's not going to start going through puberty for another 6 years or so? :?

I said give them the basic age appropriate information.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2021
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,411
Location: US

19 Mar 2022, 7:46 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
I think I understand your point and basically agree with it. I don't have an issue with "Heather has Two Mommies" as explaining to children parenting/relationships. "My Princess Boy" which was designed to tell five year olds they can change their gender is pushing the limits, imo.


Disagree.

Children at 5 can experience gender dysphoria due to being Transgendered. Why shouldn't they have an age appropriate education of it's existence so that they know what they're experiencing is an actual known thing and they're not crazy and there's nothing wrong with them?

Withholding basic facts like this is damaging to Trans kids and serves no purpose except to enforce some adult decision makers' bigotry.


Define gender dysphoria due to be transgendered? Lots of five year old children think they are a different gender and grow out of it. Some don't. Explain to them it's natural at that age and allow them to develop naturally without grooming or starting puberty blockers.

You would start puberty blockers on a five year that thought it was a different gender? Some five years olds think they're a horse, or superman, and sometimes invisible. It's the parents decision and not the schools to define the education material.

Suicide rate for the transgendered is too high and above the norm for the population. I never said withhold basic facts.


Why would you jump to the conclusion of prescribing puberty blockers to a 5 year old that's not going to start going through puberty for another 6 years or so? :?

I said give them the basic age appropriate information.


So did I, you quoted me.

Just shows how much I now about the subject details and still you didn't answer the question, would you start grooming someone's 5 yo child w/o their knowledge?



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,194
Location: Australia

19 Mar 2022, 7:48 pm

txfz1 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
I think I understand your point and basically agree with it. I don't have an issue with "Heather has Two Mommies" as explaining to children parenting/relationships. "My Princess Boy" which was designed to tell five year olds they can change their gender is pushing the limits, imo.


Disagree.

Children at 5 can experience gender dysphoria due to being Transgendered. Why shouldn't they have an age appropriate education of it's existence so that they know what they're experiencing is an actual known thing and they're not crazy and there's nothing wrong with them?

Withholding basic facts like this is damaging to Trans kids and serves no purpose except to enforce some adult decision makers' bigotry.


Define gender dysphoria due to be transgendered? Lots of five year old children think they are a different gender and grow out of it. Some don't. Explain to them it's natural at that age and allow them to develop naturally without grooming or starting puberty blockers.

You would start puberty blockers on a five year that thought it was a different gender? Some five years olds think they're a horse, or superman, and sometimes invisible. It's the parents decision and not the schools to define the education material.

Suicide rate for the transgendered is too high and above the norm for the population. I never said withhold basic facts.


Why would you jump to the conclusion of prescribing puberty blockers to a 5 year old that's not going to start going through puberty for another 6 years or so? :?

I said give them the basic age appropriate information.


So did I, you quoted me.

Just shows how much I now about the subject details and still you didn't answer the question, would you start grooming someone's 5 yo child w/o their knowledge?


Avoiding the question happens a lot around these here parts, pardner. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,194
Location: Australia

19 Mar 2022, 7:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
txfz1 wrote:
I think I understand your point and basically agree with it. I don't have an issue with "Heather has Two Mommies" as explaining to children parenting/relationships. "My Princess Boy" which was designed to tell five year olds they can change their gender is pushing the limits, imo.


Disagree.

Children at 5 can experience gender dysphoria due to being Transgendered.


Sounds like a fallacy to me.
Let me think about that.
Nope, still doesn't sound right.


In which way do they experience gender dysphoria at 5?

goldfish21 wrote:
Why shouldn't they have an age appropriate education of it's existence so that they know what they're experiencing is an actual known thing and they're not crazy and there's nothing wrong with them?


Just my opinion, but gender dysphoria wouldn't be experienced/known at 5.
Do you mean they might prefer to play with dolls?
*I* "play" with action figures, btw. :oops:

goldfish21 wrote:
Withholding basic facts like this is damaging to Trans kids and serves no purpose except to enforce some adult decision makers' bigotry.

Why is the subject even brought up with a 5 year old in the first place? :scratch:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,969

19 Mar 2022, 8:15 pm

Pepe wrote:
Why is the subject even brought up with a 5 year old in the first place? :scratch:


I'm also not comfortable with this subject being discussed with a 5 year old. But that ins't what De Santis is trying push down Florida voter's throats is it.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,194
Location: Australia

19 Mar 2022, 8:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Why is the subject even brought up with a 5 year old in the first place? :scratch:


I'm also not comfortable with this subject being discussed with a 5 year old. But that ins't what De Santis is trying push down Florida voter's throats is it.


Please spell out to me what DeSantis *is* saying.
I need a link to verify what you say, btw.

There always seems to be a lot of arguments when people don't actually know the facts.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,969

19 Mar 2022, 10:05 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Why is the subject even brought up with a 5 year old in the first place? :scratch:


I'm also not comfortable with this subject being discussed with a 5 year old. But that ins't what De Santis is trying push down Florida voter's throats is it.


Please spell out to me what DeSantis *is* saying.
I need a link to verify what you say, btw.

There always seems to be a lot of arguments when people don't actually know the facts.


While you are fascinated about 5 years olds hearing about gay people, meanwhile the bill prohibits discussion of anything in schools even to highschoolers which seems stupid.

The law is passed so I am interested what type of witch hunt is going to to be conducted when a teacher actually uses the word in class? are they going to send the SWAT to cuff and spread eagle the teacher and send them to jail? are they going to get the sack?



Awedfellow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Joined: 6 Apr 2020
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 32
Location: Texas

19 Mar 2022, 10:07 pm

Even when people are allowed to teach children sex facts that are age-appropriate, they fail to search out what is appropriate in places like Electronic Journal of Human Sexuality. Or better yet, why don't they recall their early memories of their own interest in sex.

When I was in first grade (age 6) sex was the hot topic my classmates wanted to talk about, and a large part of the information they were sharing was laughingly wrong.


_________________
WE are a Beautiful Rainbow!