Is discrimination okay if against whites???

Page 4 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2022, 11:56 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Discrimination 'against' whites, if it becomes a thing,

This is where I really think precision is critical rather than speaking colloquially,

Just on these two points
1. Do you know where it is a "thing"?
2. if we are operationalising discrimination against whites then where precisely is this happening?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 1:24 am

cyberdad wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

This is where I really think precision is critical rather than speaking colloquially,

Just on these two points
2. if we are operationalising discrimination against whites then where precisely is this happening?

*cough* South Africa *cough* 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 1:44 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Just on these two points

*cough* South Africa *cough* 8)

Yeah sure it is Pepe

Wow! blacks discriminate against whites so much that 8% of the population make up 2/3 of the leadership positions in the country and own 70% of the land. Shame on the blacks :roll:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 10:38 am

cyberdad wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Just on these two points

I didn't suggest that it was happening to any significant degree and none of thing things I was framing in my post depended on it happening to any significant degree so 1) and 2) are irrelevant.

What I think happens often enough is that less educated whites will confuse class oppression with racial oppression and on that strongly react to any economic preference to minorities. That's the bulk of what's happening.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 2:52 pm

You are basically spinning a conspiracy theory against people who are simply more competent. Do you think South Africans would be better off if those in leadership would bugger off back to the UK or the Netherlands and leave those companies with no competent leadership? Leadership structure is formed by competence and aptitude, reality is not equal or fair, Deal with it. Businesses aren't obligated to sit around and wait for "socioeconomic factors" to improve, their obligation is to hire the most competent person if that happens to be majority white, tough s**t.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 3:16 pm

30yoboomer wrote:
You are basically spinning a conspiracy theory against people who are simply more competent. Do you think South Africans would be better off if those in leadership would bugger off back to the UK or the Netherlands and leave those companies with no competent leadership? Leadership structure is formed by competence and aptitude, reality is not equal or fair, Deal with it. Businesses aren't obligated to sit around and wait for "socioeconomic factors" to improve, their obligation is to hire the most competent person if that happens to be majority white, tough s**t.

As you say, reality isn't fair. If a society demands steps be taken to reverse years of institutional biases that have deeply harmed that society businesses are obliged accept it and operate by the laws that society has in place. If that has negative impacts on some people and reduces their privilege, tough s**t.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 3:21 pm

Have found much discrimination in the medcal field , particularily in middle class or lower positions
in medical institutions , and Insurance industry by lower level insurance representatives .

"Personal experience have seen repeated over and over for at least last 5 years here in my area. "

Seems a possibly aggravating, a misguided outcome of the black lives matter movement . IMHO.?
But this,was going on before the movement.

where ever you go ,there you are

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 4:55 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:

As you say, reality isn't fair. If a society demands steps be taken to reverse years of institutional biases that have deeply harmed that society businesses are obliged accept it and operate by the laws that society has in place. If that has negative impacts on some people and reduces their privilege, tough s**t.

Institutional biased is a conspiracy theory, it's nothing you've substantiated or defined. Different people have different competency regardless of the cause this isn't proof of a conspiracy or people being discriminated against in mass they are simply less competent. No one is getting harmed by a disproportionate representation in leadership, when the best person for the job gets it everyone under them benefit, if the leadership matched the demographics of south africa the infrastructure would be less functional and the people would overall be harmed massively. vital infrastructure like power, water, and food would not be available.

You are denying objective reality and making up for it accusing people of some kind of imaginary moral crime that doesn't even exist to begin with. We've spent decades trying to elevate sub-saharan-africans and their diaspora in the west, at every level in the west they are given the opportunity to succeed if they don't it's not our fault, or proof of collective bias to wrong them. If the stats aren't right it can't be a disparity in competence because everyone is the equal therefore there is malice involved, there isn't and accusing people of having malice or being evil simply for existing doing there job to the best of their ability is actually immoral and evil.

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 5:12 pm

The point being even if you fairly accept all applicants to positions based on their merit there will still be a disproportionate outcome because competency is different regardless of the cause, but spin up some more conspiracy theories about hidden malice being the cause for why, even if so, it's people exerting their private property rights, cry about it. Don't like it sure protest it, try and get the state to point guns at people to get them to stop and that's where you are violating any the line and in the future I'll be happy to do the same and put my boot firmly on your mentally ill throat.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 5:46 pm

30yoboomer wrote:
The point being even if you fairly accept all applicants to positions based on their merit there will still be a disproportionate outcome because competency is different regardless of the cause, but spin up some more conspiracy theories about hidden malice being the cause for why, even if so, it's people exerting their private property rights, cry about it. Don't like it sure protest it, try and get the state to point guns at people to get them to stop and that's where you are violating any the line and in the future I'll be happy to do the same and put my boot firmly on your mentally ill throat.
You might want to dial back the hate-filled rhetoric.

Just sayin’.

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 6:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:
You might want to dial back the hate-filled rhetoric.

Just sayin’.

If they are willing to use the state to have people point guns at me, I'm willing to defend myself and use the state state force on them it's a tool a weapon they choose to pick up and engage in violence what happens beyond that is their choice not mine, you don't get the point of the post. aside from that of course I hate people who wish to do me harm, and to censor me. They are my enemies. These people have been promoting violence and censorship against me for over a decade and you think a mild post about how I'll be happy to use the state and private force in same manner they wish to do me is a little too much for your sensibilities lmao.

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 6:32 pm

Competency or intelligence also doesn't determine rights, rights are universal. Property rights and bodily autonomy for example ownership of your body, and your property. these extend to everyone and are universal inalienable truths we can define and discuss not whimsical emotionally loaded blabber.

Someone can be dumb as rocks and still have the same rights, it doesn't mean they have a right to a job in high paying leadership position, and someone with bad motor skills doesn't have a right to become a pilot and put hundreds of people's lives at risk.

Even if you have proof of discrimination happening discrimination is choice, choosing not to associate with, it's a right to choose what you do with your body and property, There is no right to association.

Take yourself back to a little something called reality before you spin conspiracy theories of malice on the part of millions of people who've done nothing more than do their jobs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 6:47 pm

Are people just doing their jobs when they discriminate solely on the basis of race or sex?

Or are they just "following orders"?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 6:57 pm

30yoboomer wrote:
If they are willing to use the state to have people point guns at me, I'm willing to defend myself and use the state state force on them it's a tool a weapon they choose to pick up and engage in violence what happens beyond that is their choice not mine, you don't get the point of the post. aside from that of course I hate people who wish to do me harm, and to censor me. They are my enemies. These people have been promoting violence and censorship against me for over a decade and you think a mild post about how I'll be happy to use the state and private force in same manner they wish to do me is a little too much for your sensibilities lmao.

Who exactly is "they"? are you suggesting the literally millions of black domestics, farm workers and labourers (who are indentured servants) the enemies of their white south African employers?

The state (regardless of elements within the ANC who spout rhetoric about taking land) constitution is set up to serve all South Africans. I am guessing since 1994 there hasn't been a complete backlash where white South Africans weren't thrown in the sea that the majority of people whom you label as "enemies" are happy to maintain the status quo. The very small minority who are agitated to dance to the tune of extreme elements in the ANC are not friends of the middle class or even most of the workers who depend on white employment.

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 7:01 pm

People are doing their jobs as in they are hiring the most competent person which usually ends up being asian, and white men who have disproportionately higher iq and performance the cause of which is irrelevant, let's say it's socioeconomic buisnesses aren't obligated to wait for decades for those to improve the problem is in the here and now and their only obligation is to hire the best person for the job if that leads to stats that 75-85 asian/white leadership toughs s**t.

Even if they were discriminating, it'd depend on if the owner wanted their place of business to be inclusive or exclusive, an employee wouldn't have a right to make such decisions unless the owner gave them authority to do so, if a place of business owner decides to choose not to associate with anyone it's their private property they can do whatever they want with it, I don't care it goes both ways. The "just following orders" is a clear reference to another conspiracy theory, you have no real evidence for either. the left relies on so many conspiracy theories it's not even funny.

"Europeans should never be allowed to have another nation-state to serve their interests again they must live in exile forever because of x conspiracy theory and x million people died." is such a morally bankrupt position to deny almost a billion people their fundamental inalienable rights because someone spun up a conspiracy theory they'll commit some atrocity the second they have any rights or freedom, delusional, biased perspective based in lies.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 7:01 pm

30yoboomer wrote:

What conspiracy theory?
Majority of the economy is owned by white south africans
Majority of land is owned by white south africans
Majority of leadership positions are white south africans
Most white south africans live in gated communities surrounded by barbed wire fence
Most white south africans who can afford it send their kids to all-white or majority white private schools

Doesn't sound like an oppressed/discriminated minority to me