Is discrimination okay if against whites???

Page 5 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 7:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:
If they are willing to use the state to have people point guns at me, I'm willing to defend myself and use the state state force on them it's a tool a weapon they choose to pick up and engage in violence what happens beyond that is their choice not mine, you don't get the point of the post. aside from that of course I hate people who wish to do me harm, and to censor me. They are my enemies. These people have been promoting violence and censorship against me for over a decade and you think a mild post about how I'll be happy to use the state and private force in same manner they wish to do me is a little too much for your sensibilities lmao.

Who exactly is "they"? are you suggesting the literally millions of black domestics, farm workers and labourers (who are indentured servants) the enemies of their white south African employers?

The state (regardless of elements within the ANC who spout rhetoric about taking land) constitution is set up to serve all South Africans. I am guessing since 1994 there hasn't been a complete backlash where white South Africans weren't thrown in the sea that the majority of people whom you label as "enemies" are happy to maintain the status quo. The very small minority who are agitated to dance to the tune of extreme elements in the ANC are not friends of the middle class or even most of the workers who depend on white employment.

I'm clearly talking about the person I'm replying to someone who I assume is very happy to have me censored or encourage private or state force against me, and I'm just as happy to do the same which was the metaphorical point of the boot on the throat. I don't have any obligation to treat people who wish to do me harm very well or like them. I'm not being over backwards for the sensibilities of people who hate me or wish to do me harm.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 7:06 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
What I think happens often enough is that less educated whites will confuse class oppression with racial oppression and on that strongly react to any economic preference to minorities. That's the bulk of what's happening.

I think we agree Le Pen in France, Trump in the US and Nigel Farage in the UK were able to persuade many less educated whites (and not an unsubstantial number of educated ones as well) through manipulating their fears.

The far right these days use buzzwords like the "great replacement" because they know the fear in middle class society of unemployment and lack of opportunity and house prices etc and not surprisingly conservative governments deliberately associate these fears with immigration quite successfully.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 7:09 pm

30yoboomer wrote:
I don't have any obligation to treat people who wish to do me harm very well or like them. I'm not being over backwards for the sensibilities of people who hate me or wish to do me harm.

Sounds like coded language for you wanting to take vengeance on black people.

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 7:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:
You are basically spinning a conspiracy theory against people who are simply more competent. Do you think South Africans would be better off if those in leadership would bugger off back to the UK or the Netherlands and leave those companies with no competent leadership? Leadership structure is formed by competence and aptitude, reality is not equal or fair, Deal with it. Businesses aren't obligated to sit around and wait for "socioeconomic factors" to improve, their obligation is to hire the most competent person if that happens to be majority white, tough s**t.

What conspiracy theory?
Majority of the economy is owned by white south africans
Majority of land is owned by white south africans
Majority of leadership positions are white south africans
Most white south africans live in gated communities surrounded by barbed wire fence
Most white south africans who can afford it send their kids to all-white or majority white private schools

Doesn't sound like an oppressed/discriminated minority to me

"the white minority are conspiring together to discriminate against blacks in employment"

"what do you mean I'm promoting a conspiracy theory against white south africans?"

Yes they own property, it's totally proof they are conspiring together to harm blacks in some way, they have jobs such proof of a great large evil being done.

of course they live in gated communities, they have to deal with people under the influence of some "socioeconomic factors" or something as you folks say it that make them disposed to violence, criminality and have their heads filled with conspiracy theories promoted by people like you that whites are some how harming them by existing with jobs...and property like you stated above. But tell me more about how you'd rather walk through a Brazilian favela at 2 am over a gated suburb in Kentucky, sure the gun ownership is likely the same but one place you are more likely to get harmed than the other.

Last edited by 30yoboomer on 01 May 2022, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 7:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:
I don't have any obligation to treat people who wish to do me harm very well or like them. I'm not being over backwards for the sensibilities of people who hate me or wish to do me harm.

You are full of s**t lmao. I'm clearly talking about leftists who censor me and want to use state force against me. which I'm just as happy to do the same in return to.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 7:14 pm

30yoboomer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:

You are full of s**t lmao. I'm clearly talking about leftists who censor me and want to use state force against me. which I'm just as happy to do the same in return to.

What type of censorship? how is anyone censoring you from saying "I don't have any obligation to treat people who wish to do me harm very well or like them." (your words) I am confused what your problem is?

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 7:15 pm

cyberdad wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:

What type of censorship? how is anyone censoring you from saying "I don't have any obligation to treat people who wish to do me harm very well or like them." (your words) I am confused what your problem is?

"what censorship"

lmao. you are being completely willfully ignorant. I can totally have a conversation with someone so intentionally disconnected from reality.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 7:29 pm

Angnix wrote:
She posts usually great stuff... But one of her posts said "the only group of people I'm afraid of are straight white middle-aged males"

I would consider it to be a legitimate opinion although I wouldn't limit this by sexual orientation, age, or even gender. Not sure what bearing this has on your personal situation, though

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 7:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The far right these days use buzzwords like the "great replacement" because they know the fear in middle class society of unemployment and lack of opportunity and house prices etc and not surprisingly conservative governments deliberately associate these fears with immigration quite successfully.

Corrupt and megalomaniacal people know that most people want simple solutions, Cliffs Notes that they can run their lives from, they want stories that are limbically stimulating (complexity science would put them to sleep in a minute) so they concoct these grand tales of race against race, group against group, and feed into all of the things that humans want do to each other anyway because they're in a gene race - a gene race that our western Abrahamic traditions have done a wonderful job of hiding from our awareness and that the effects of Nazi Germany did a wonderful job of chilling any public discussion of the idea that Darwinian evolution includes humans and culture right now (ie. some sort of 'magic' happened which made us something new, different, and separate).

Anymore I can't even blame the cunning for doing what they do, I just hate the degree to which people are so lazy that they won't process anything, won't vet information, and just want someone else to tell them what to believe. If there weren't so many people of that type out there (or allowed to remain that way) it would be a lot harder for demagogues and opportunists to run these kinds of games. To that extent there's probably good reason that critical thinking isn't taught in school - it's profitable to some for that not to happen.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 7:48 pm

30yoboomer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:

"what censorship"

lmao. you are being completely willfully ignorant. I can totally have a conversation with someone so intentionally disconnected from reality.

Avoiding the question?

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2022, 7:57 pm

cyberdad wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
30yoboomer wrote:

"what censorship"

Avoiding the question?

The problem is clear people like the person I've replied to have spent the last decade censoring, conspiring to harm me, and would be happy to use the state to have my arrested for my positions and speech, and they have done so to people in both America and Europe. Mass banning's online haven't happened according to you. Mass acts of reactionary violence against speech by leftists hasn't happened, and people haven't been arrested in Europe for their speech totally just hasn't happened I totally need to point out such basic things for you to ignore it. If you are happy to censor, happy to engage in violence, and happy to use state force against people don't be surprised when your victims are happy to put on some doc martens on your throat for a change of pace. You are just too delusional or much more likely dishonest to admit that which is why I said it was pointless to even try to engage in a conversation with you. absurd lmao.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 11:53 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Anymore I can't even blame the cunning for doing what they do, I just hate the degree to which people are so lazy that they won't process anything, won't vet information, and just want someone else to tell them what to believe. If there weren't so many people of that type out there (or allowed to remain that way) it would be a lot harder for demagogues and opportunists to run these kinds of games. To that extent there's probably good reason that critical thinking isn't taught in school - it's profitable to some for that not to happen.

In some ways these manipulative leaders/movements are also tapping into intergenerational tribalism. There is some element (as far back as from the days of colonialism) where they know they are preaching to the converted. Humans operate on cognitive shortcuts (heuristics) as its easier for us to function on simple binaries - dangerous/not dangerous.....attractive/ugly.....benefit/problem. Our ancestors didn't have the luxury of higher learning and relied on authorities

Critical thinking is a dangerous weapon in the hands of the masses. Whether it be about christians trying to censor evolution or GOP politicians trying to censor history studies on slavery/Jim Crow. It might shift long held beliefs that are kept covert but bubble just beneath the surface and behind closed doors and gated communities.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2022, 11:59 pm

utter rubbish, You are falling into the trap of having a solution looking for a problem. Nobody is censoring you, My uncle worked as a consultant engineer in South Africa, Botswana and Zambia for 40 years and he said there was no such thing as censorship in South Africa.

30yoboomer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 May 2022, 12:12 am

it has nothing to do with south africa specifically and you are once again arguing in bad faith and being willfully ignorant. "no one is censoring you." and gaslighting me. totally haven't been censored online for over a decade, by leftists my position is if they don't care about freeze peach, non violence, small government, and civility neither do I. leftists set the standard for their interactions and the playing field any complaints after that is silliness and hypocrisy.

Last edited by 30yoboomer on 02 May 2022, 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2022, 12:14 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

Freedom of speech versus Facebook policy

It has been me opinion and experience that freedom of speech no longer exists in this world, let alone freedom of thought. Those two concepts died some 60 years ago, during the LBJ and Nixon administrations, and finally buried during Trump’s administration. Biden’s too f*****g stupid to even realize these 2 concepts have been dead and buried for this amount of time.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2022, 3:26 am

30yoboomer wrote:
it has nothing to do with south africa specifically and you are once again arguing in bad faith and being willfully ignorant. "no one is censoring you." and gaslighting me. totally haven't been censored online for over a decade, by leftists my position is if they don't care about freeze peach, non violence, small government, and civility neither do I. leftists set the standard for their interactions and the playing field any complaints after that is silliness and hypocrisy.

?? I'll leave it....BTW who is your avatar?