Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 3:32 am

The presenter is a right-wing hyperpartisan, and I am not happy with that.
I also disagree with some of the things he says.

However, :mrgreen:
Watch the video clips of political activist teachers that he has put together.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 4:01 am

This presenter is more reasonable.
Still right-wing.

Same teacher activist as in the first post.

Quote:
WATCH: CRAZY TikTok Leftist Teacher Wants to INDOCTRINATE Your Children

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 4:26 am

I'm not sure what to think about this.
"Don't shoot the messenger."

Quote:
Activist teachers recruit kids and lies to parents
Jan 25, 2022

In this episode of The Bald Brad Show, activist teachers recruit kids and lies to parents regarding attempts to brainwash students in thinking they are transgender. Jessica Konen filed a legal claim against Spreckels Union School District, claiming Buena Vista Middle School teachers Lori Caldeira and Kelly Baraki “planted the seed” to convince Konen’s daughter to believe she was bisexual, then urged the girl to believe she was a transgender boy. These woke teachers are recruiting children into their indoctrination clubs and hiding it from parents. Watch Bald Brad, an educator himself, expose our current education system.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 6:05 am

There really aren’t too many of these “activist” teachers in primary schools.

Many teachers have conservative values, too.

The main focus in early primary school classrooms is keeping order in the class. There’s really not much time for “activism.”

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 6:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

The main focus in early primary school classrooms is keeping order in the class. There’s really not much time for “activism.”

This one suggests differently:
viewtopic.php?t=404668#p9000407

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 8:41 am

This person is almost certainly an outlier.

This is not what goes on in the vast, vast majority of classrooms.

Anyway......some of the "woke" stuff isn't bad. I wouldn't mind it, say, if a teacher tells children that people should be treated equally, regardless of race/gender.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 10:14 am

I'm sure----if I was told about "gay lifestyles" when I was a little pupil----that I wouldn't have adopted those lifestyles later on in life. I am naturally heterosexual.

I don't feel teaching about "gayness" in age-appropriate ways will produce more gay people. There will always be about 10% of the population who will turn out gay.

Anyway...in truth....it's really not necessary to teach about this sort of thing when kids are young. Unless one kid happens to have two mommies or something.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 11:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
This person is almost certainly an outlier.

This is not what goes on in the vast, vast majority of classrooms.

Anyway......some of the "woke" stuff isn't bad. I wouldn't mind it, say, if a teacher tells children that people should be treated equally, regardless of race/gender.

There seems to be a lot of "outliers". ;)

Prepare yourself for my next find on "Activist Teachers". :mrgreen:
I have found it but need to view it first.
These videos are very time-consuming.
My K9 kids aren't happy with me. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 4:21 am

Quote:
Climate book infiltrating classrooms 'oriented to children becoming activists'

Writer and Author Tony Thomas says a book infiltrating classrooms is "oriented to children becoming activists".

It comes after the Primary English Teaching Association of Australia promoted a book titled 'Teaching the language of climate change science'.

The book suggests students write a letter to their principal, saying they are determined to use Greta Thunberg as inspiration to make a difference.

"The book actually urges teachers to coax kids to give money to the Polar Bear Institute in North America - which is actually just an activist group - and elsewhere they encourage kids to give money to international green groups," Mr Thomas said.

"Since when are teachers allowed to tell kids to empty their pockets for the teachers' pet causes? It's just disgraceful."

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2022, 4:34 am

Quote:
Teachers are ‘full of fads’ like climate change

New South Wales One Nation leader Mark Latham says teachers are “full of fads” and should “get back to the basics of learning” to give young people “a chance in life”.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2022, 6:14 am

One video said "feeling uncomfortable being near the flag, which is unthinkable in other countries, especially non-Western countries".
Many Chinese will have different views on this. :lol:

But teaching biased political/religious views in public schools is absolutely despicable. No matter how "correct" the parties think these views are.
Even though I agree with some of these political points, that doesn't mean I think it should be taught to children. Political/religious ideas should be thought and chosen by oneself, not taught. This is turning political opinions into beliefs.
Some political factions are using their influence in the education system to expand themselves. This "womb preaching" deserves to be spurned. If a political/religious opinion doesn't get enough support from adults, it should die.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2022, 7:06 am

I don’t have a problem with teachers going political in a high school classroom. I do it. I tell kids that politics, religion, tradition, and innovation all intersect, and the music you listen to comes from that. What you listen to and how you listen to it are a product of all these things.

I don’t hide that my values are conservative-leaning, but I don’t exactly fit one mold or another. I will say, for example, that I’m heartbroken over what’s going on in Ukraine, I disagree with the our leadership’s motives for staying out of Europe, but I’m glad we aren’t getting involved. Students will argue with me because their parents have talk about things and say we should do something about Putin. And so the students challenge me to defend my ideas, and I do, and I turn it around on the kids to explain why they feel the way they do.

My job isn’t to dictate to them what to think or feel, but to get them used to thinking about things on their own and expressing these opinions. Teachers are human beings. We have our own thoughts. I think we do kids a disservice by NOT modeling how to speak up. I remind kids that this is only what I think and if they disagree with me, it will not affect their grades one bit.

Incidentally, Russia comes up when discussing classical music because of the differences between the Catholic west and Orthodox east allowed new western, secular music to flourish, creating a sort of feedback loop that brought new ways of doing things in church music, in contrast to Orthodox strongly discouraging secular music. It wasn’t until Tchaikovsky that Russia caught up with the west, and by understanding these political and religious traditions throughout the intervening years, you can begin to understand Russia’s apparent obsession with Ukraine and resentment towards Western Europe and the US. Why are politics and religion relevant to a music class? Because classical composers have to eat, and wealthy individuals, intellectuals, the church, and the state pay their bills. Music is a reflection of philosophy and values, and it’s not possible to fully understand classical music without exploring these things.

luckystrike.es
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Apr 2022, 9:03 am

AngelRho wrote:
I don’t have a problem with teachers going political in a high school classroom. I do it. I tell kids that politics, religion, tradition, and innovation all intersect, and the music you listen to comes from that. What you listen to and how you listen to it are a product of all these things.

I don’t hide that my values are conservative-leaning, but I don’t exactly fit one mold or another. I will say, for example, that I’m heartbroken over what’s going on in Ukraine, I disagree with the our leadership’s motives for staying out of Europe, but I’m glad we aren’t getting involved. Students will argue with me because their parents have talk about things and say we should do something about Putin. And so the students challenge me to defend my ideas, and I do, and I turn it around on the kids to explain why they feel the way they do.

My job isn’t to dictate to them what to think or feel, but to get them used to thinking about things on their own and expressing these opinions. Teachers are human beings. We have our own thoughts. I think we do kids a disservice by NOT modeling how to speak up. I remind kids that this is only what I think and if they disagree with me, it will not affect their grades one bit.

Incidentally, Russia comes up when discussing classical music because of the differences between the Catholic west and Orthodox east allowed new western, secular music to flourish, creating a sort of feedback loop that brought new ways of doing things in church music, in contrast to Orthodox strongly discouraging secular music. It wasn’t until Tchaikovsky that Russia caught up with the west, and by understanding these political and religious traditions throughout the intervening years, you can begin to understand Russia’s apparent obsession with Ukraine and resentment towards Western Europe and the US. Why are politics and religion relevant to a music class? Because classical composers have to eat, and wealthy individuals, intellectuals, the church, and the state pay their bills. Music is a reflection of philosophy and values, and it’s not possible to fully understand classical music without exploring these things.

Thank you for teaching your students the type of critical thinking skills that would allow them to view these videos and question: the motivations of the first presenter who uses "antifascist" as a pejorative, the credibility of the second presenter who suffers the delusion that a university level subject (CRT) is being taught in elementary schools, and the rationality of the third presenter who believes a teacher made a female student think they were a male.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2022, 10:31 am

luckystrike.es wrote:
Thank you for teaching your students the type of critical thinking skills that would allow them to view these videos and question: the motivations of the first presenter who uses "antifascist" as a pejorative, the credibility of the second presenter who suffers the delusion that a university level subject (CRT) is being taught in elementary schools, and the rationality of the third presenter who believes a teacher made a female student think they were a male.

Due to the OP's warning and that I don't care what the presenter has to say about the specifics, I've pretty much only watched the teacher's own footage.
I don't think there's a good chance the teachers who appear in the video will teach "critical thinking skills" like our venerable poster.

Unless there is evidence that these "teachers" are actors hired by the presenter, the presenter's remarks have nothing to do with the behavior of these teachers.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

luckystrike.es

20 Apr 2022, 11:55 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Agreed.

One might question the motives of anyone suggesting this is a rampant problem in public grade schools.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2022, 12:01 pm

luckystrike.es wrote:
One might question the motives of anyone suggesting this is a rampant problem in public grade schools.

Exaggerating their proportions is a blow to the cause of the progressive left
And ignoring/conceal their presence is another blow to the cause of the progressive left.

I have seen how the combination of the two has led to the failure of the progressive left cause in my country.