Page 5 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

05 Aug 2007, 2:33 pm

AG, I won't be the least bit surprised if you end up going VA Tech on someone and end up on the news giving aspies like us a bad name.



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

05 Aug 2007, 2:39 pm

For anyone who isn't that familiar with AG's posts, this guy defends sweat shops and beating you dog for kicks, going to war for greed (blatantly and admittedly), if you people want someone to flame who deserves a good flaming, flame AG.



violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Dec 2005
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,811
Location: Cambridge

05 Aug 2007, 3:06 pm

...and yet, he manages to do so without resorting to excessive use of "f**k". Even if he supports the 'wrong' side, at least he manages to do so in a rational manner - resorting to personal attacks doesn't leave you on the 'right' side of an argument, whatever your views.



imipak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 236
Location: Oregon, USA

05 Aug 2007, 3:39 pm

I would define a free thinker as someone who either:

(a) Understands the TV series "The Prisoner" and can escape the Village of both their own mind and that of the society they identify with

(b) Places their philosophy under the GPL



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

05 Aug 2007, 4:24 pm

violentcloud wrote:
...and yet, he manages to do so without resorting to excessive use of "f**k". Even if he supports the 'wrong' side, at least he manages to do so in a rational manner - resorting to personal attacks doesn't leave you on the 'right' side of an argument, whatever your views.


To begin with, f**k is just a word, though perhaps I should be more careful what I say seeing as younger children could come on here and parents could get mad if their children start swearing and see they've been reading my posts.... So for that much I apologize, I do swear alot... But swear words are just words, we're allowed to say other things that mean the exact same thing.
As for personal attacks, people make personal attacks on me all the time because I'm not "liberal" enough, or I'm not "conservative" enough, or I'm "a conspiracy nut" because I've read history books and seen c-span. Rather you agree with what I have to say or not, I atleast have good intentions. But I guess it's better to flame someone with good unbiased intentions than to flame a "normal" dysfunctional (and hince "entertaining") person.



Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,316
Location: Omnipresent

05 Aug 2007, 4:36 pm

snake321 wrote:

As Einstein said, the merit of a man is how well he has liberated himself from himself. Some people actually give a damn about people besides themselves, this isn't illogical, it's being CONSCIOUS.
Prove that this is meritorious. Prove that this is the measure of being human. Frankly, I would argue that man cannot be liberated from himself and thus any statement of that nature is nonsense.
Quote:
Or we could take your example and live like self serving neanderthals and blow eachother off the earth in a nuclear blast. Dude your a f***ing sociopath and you should be locked up and sent for psychiatric evaluation. Until you can talk like a sane person shut the f**k up and stop talking to me.

We already do the former, and the latter is completely contrary to the interests of most of mankind anyway. Self-serving neanderthals would never do that which is why MAD is considered a deterrent. What would it matter if I am a sociopath? If anything all this shows is that I a freer thinker than you are as I am free of the constriction of normal morality and instead act upon my own values and desires. It must be remembered that some of the most liberating minds were insane.



Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,316
Location: Omnipresent

05 Aug 2007, 4:44 pm

snake321 wrote:
For anyone who isn't that familiar with AG's posts, this guy defends sweat shops and beating you dog for kicks, going to war for greed (blatantly and admittedly), if you people want someone to flame who deserves a good flaming, flame AG.

Let's see, I defend sweatshops as well as a few respectable economists, I defend the legal ability to do that not necessarily the morality of the action as the 2 are different, and the matter of war I believe is simply an iteration of the realist position in international relations that nations act based upon their interests. Really, none of those arguments you put forward is a sign that I deserve flaming, if anything it merely shows that I am a freer thinker as I defy respectability and convention with ease based upon my logic.



violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Dec 2005
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,811
Location: Cambridge

05 Aug 2007, 4:45 pm

snake321 wrote:
violentcloud wrote:
...and yet, he manages to do so without resorting to excessive use of "f**k". Even if he supports the 'wrong' side, at least he manages to do so in a rational manner - resorting to personal attacks doesn't leave you on the 'right' side of an argument, whatever your views.


To begin with, f**k is just a word, though perhaps I should be more careful what I say seeing as younger children could come on here and parents could get mad if their children start swearing and see they've been reading my posts.... So for that much I apologize, I do swear alot... But swear words are just words, we're allowed to say other things that mean the exact same thing.
As for personal attacks, people make personal attacks on me all the time because I'm not "liberal" enough, or I'm not "conservative" enough, or I'm "a conspiracy nut" because I've read history books and seen c-span. Rather you agree with what I have to say or not, I atleast have good intentions. But I guess it's better to flame someone with good unbiased intentions than to flame a "normal" dysfunctional (and hince "entertaining") person.


I'm not even bringing intentions into this; my point is that you villify yourself by resorting to personal attacks, irrelevant of your position. So, while I might agree with some of the things you say, I'm not going to associate myself with your argument, because of the negative way you present it. Do you see what I mean?



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

05 Aug 2007, 5:07 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
snake321 wrote:
For anyone who isn't that familiar with AG's posts, this guy defends sweat shops and beating you dog for kicks, going to war for greed (blatantly and admittedly), if you people want someone to flame who deserves a good flaming, flame AG.

Let's see, I defend sweatshops as well as a few respectable economists, I defend the legal ability to do that not necessarily the morality of the action as the 2 are different, and the matter of war I believe is simply an iteration of the realist position in international relations that nations act based upon their interests. Really, none of those arguments you put forward is a sign that I deserve flaming, if anything it merely shows that I am a freer thinker as I defy respectability and convention with ease based upon my logic.


Your gonna grow up to be a lonely old man with no friends, one day you'll need someone's help and people will tell you to f off. When that happens, you'll see how "logical" your attitude has been. The more enemies you make, the more you dig your own grave. It's a process called "action vs. reaction".



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

05 Aug 2007, 5:09 pm

Heh, lemme ask you a question AG..... If you were president of the United States, would you seek to overthrow democracy and become a supreme dictator?



Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,316
Location: Omnipresent

05 Aug 2007, 5:35 pm

snake321 wrote:
Your gonna grow up to be a lonely old man with no friends, one day you'll need someone's help and people will tell you to f off. When that happens, you'll see how "logical" your attitude has been. The more enemies you make, the more you dig your own grave. It's a process called "action vs. reaction".

Ok, thank goodness I don't have many enemies.
snake321 wrote:
Heh, lemme ask you a question AG..... If you were president of the United States, would you seek to overthrow democracy and become a supreme dictator?

I don't think I would seek such an end, it would be dangerous to try, not only that but I am not sure that it would benefit the long run stability of the United States.



gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2007
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,193

05 Aug 2007, 5:41 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
I don't think I would seek such an end, it would be dangerous to try, not only that but I am not sure that it would benefit the long run stability of the United States.


You respond to flames very graciously. :)



Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,316
Location: Omnipresent

05 Aug 2007, 5:49 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
You respond to flames very graciously. :)

I thank you for your compliment. :)



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

05 Aug 2007, 6:39 pm

What the blue hell? I get flamed all the time for saying things that might be "politically incorrect" but have merit, this guys comes on here and supports sweat shops, war for power, beating his dog for fun, exploiting starving nations for his own benefit, and he gets praised?



snake321
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,250

05 Aug 2007, 6:53 pm

Is this your catholic morality gwenyvyn?