Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 6:30 pm

temp1234 wrote:
I love my parents and they would've never aborted me. That's reality.

In this hypothetical scenario, if she were such a horrible woman as to consider aborting me, then I would probably go back even earlier in time and convince her mother to abort her. Then neither my hypothetical horrible mother nor I would have the chance to exist in the first place.

This is one POV.
It is not my POV, however. ;)

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 May 2022, 6:32 pm

Hypothetically, assuming I was born to a mother who didn't want me, then yes.

As it was, I was thoroughly planned. My mother didn't abort my older half-brother, who was a mistake after she vomited up her birth control.

If perhaps I met my maternal grandmother (who did conceive my mother accidentally) and found she was considering abortion, I wouldn't talk her out of it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 6:33 pm

carlos55 wrote:
A person would have to be suicidal to say yes to that question

Not necessarily.
Some simply have "Their Eyes Wide Open" and can see the obscenity of life. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 6:37 pm

magz wrote:
I would have to have a different mother.
She mourned her earlier miscarriages. She fought for delivering my brother. Aborting me was suggested to her by her doc and she was dismayed.
I don't think anyone could have ever convinced her to change her mind on it. No point in spending fuel of the time machine.

Your mother had an extremely strong maternal instinct.
Many, if not most women have.
You can thank the evolutionary process for that. 8)

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 7:09 pm

I think my fate is cursed. Although this does not mean that I was intentionally mistreated by either of my parents.
I probably didn't actually get too little. I just lose the things that seem so close at hand over and over.
Considering to the more misfortunes I've avoided , and And how easily I seem to succeed in some ways compared to most of the others around me, I may not even be qualified to cry for myself.

My mother would be better off if I hadn't been born. She can be freed from a wrong marriage faster without having to suppress her talents.
But she wants a child and claims to have no regrets about it.
Her choice.

But I don't know if she'd considered being able to switch to a "more conventional" child.
She also marveled at how I used the gifts I inherited from both sides while she hated how similar I was to my father. Maybe even worse.
And most of the time I felt exhausted about surviving. Maybe I'm just doing some last-ditch effort not to disappoint those who have expectations for me.

The obvious better option is that if I've never had a chance to owe anyone, I don't have to try to make amends.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 8:49 pm

I doubt your mother regrets you being born.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 9:00 pm

^I do not think so.
When she found out I was so suicidal, she wanted to accompany me to suicide. And never skimped on her time and money to solve my psychological problems.

But our culture doesn't promote "encouragement" and "compliment" that much.
"Love" in our culture often looked so indifferent in words form mouth.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 9:03 pm

carlos55 wrote:
A person would have to be suicidal to say yes to that question.

I couldn't disagree more.

Not being born isn't the same as taking your own, established life and hurting those around you.

If a person's development is terminated during gestation, one of two things would happen:

1) The person would never have consciousness or know about it. (Non-spiritual view).

or

2) The person would go to heaven, continue consciousness, or even be reincarnated. (Spiritual view).

Either way they are at peace, in my opinion.

If there were some reason why my parents didn't want another child or couldn't care for me, neither of these options ^ seem problematic for me as an embryo. That doesn't mean I don't love the life I was given, or that I'd want to end it now on my own terms.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 9:47 pm

^^ this.

The question starts by first establishing a person (you) and then hypothetically subtracting him/her from the world.
I mean, who knows, maybe I was aborted, and I am actually my brother.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 10:02 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
I think my fate is cursed. Although this does not mean that I was intentionally mistreated by either of my parents.
I probably didn't actually get too little. I just lose the things that seem so close at hand over and over.
Considering to the more misfortunes I've avoided , and And how easily I seem to succeed in some ways compared to most of the others around me, I may not even be qualified to cry for myself.

My mother would be better off if I hadn't been born. She can be freed from a wrong marriage faster without having to suppress her talents.
But she wants a child and claims to have no regrets about it.
Her choice.

But I don't know if she'd considered being able to switch to a "more conventional" child.
She also marveled at how I used the gifts I inherited from both sides while she hated how similar I was to my father. Maybe even worse.
And most of the time I felt exhausted about surviving. Maybe I'm just doing some last-ditch effort not to disappoint those who have expectations for me.

The obvious better option is that if I've never had a chance to owe anyone, I don't have to try to make amends.

Most mothers have a strong maternal instinct. I doubt she would ever have felt sorry she had you.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 10:45 pm

Yes

Social rejection

Academic dismissal

Occupational failure

Dead end "life"

Everything I try to accomplish, like:. "You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear"

Gave up on "life" a longfuck time ago

Exhausted all the time

Uptight

Annoyed

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2022, 11:52 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Yes

Social rejection

Academic dismissal

Occupational failure

Dead end "life"

Everything I try to accomplish, like:. "You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear"

Gave up on "life" a longfuck time ago

Exhausted all the time

Uptight

Annoyed

All those things have no influence on my decision.
I am not affected by arbitrary social values.
I simply see no rational reason to bring an innocent child into such an unpleasant life system.
It is all about emotional self-serving interests if one does. 8)

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 12:29 am

Pepe wrote:
Most mothers have a strong maternal instinct. I doubt she would ever have felt sorry she had you.

Perhaps.
She was proud of me in some ways, ashamed of me in some ways, guilty of me in some ways, and worry about me in some way.

On the one hand, Cultural pressure makes her choices not so "free".
On the other hand, by kidnapping its own internal circulatory system into the mother's internal circulatory system, the embryo plunders the mother's nutrition and abducts the mother's emotion.
The latter, together with cultural pressures, creates the so-called "maternal instinct".

I usually don't want to make moral comments about biochemical reactions, but encouraging compliance with this instinct is evil in my opinion.
An acquired hormone distorts a person's personality. And many cultures celebrate this distortion to enslave victims.
So I personally don't like to benefit from it, and at the same time I avoid being victimized by it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 1:09 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Perhaps.
She was proud of me in some ways, ashamed of me in some ways, guilty of me in some ways, and worry about me in some way.

On the one hand, Cultural pressure makes her choices not so "free".
On the other hand, by kidnapping its own internal circulatory system into the mother's internal circulatory system, the embryo plunders the mother's nutrition and abducts the mother's emotion.
The latter, together with cultural pressures, creates the so-called "maternal instinct".

I usually don't want to make moral comments about biochemical reactions, but encouraging compliance with this instinct is evil in my opinion.
An acquired hormone distorts a person's personality. And many cultures celebrate this distortion to enslave victims.
So I personally don't like to benefit from it, and at the same time I avoid being victimized by it.

I feel the same about falling into stupidity love. 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 6:06 am

I don’t. I still enjoy having crushes.

I’m married, and don’t do anything about them—but I still have them, even sans prostate.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2022, 7:19 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t. I still enjoy having crushes.

I’m married, and don’t do anything about them—but I still have them, even sans prostate.

isn't that frustrating?