Shambolic Arizona Republican governor “debate”

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 8:53 am

Arizona GOP gubernatorial debate 'feels like a spoof' in the words of the Trump-backed frontrunner

Quote:
Republican candidates Kari Lake, Scott Neely, Karrin Taylor Robson, and Paola Tulliani Zen, all vying for governor of Arizona, spent Wednesday evening talking over each other, spreading misinformation, and wondering whether or not they were in a real-life "Saturday Night Live" skit.

The debate, moderated by Ted Simons, host of "Arizona Horizon" on Arizona PBS, featured Robson repeatedly calling Lake "Fake Lake" for alleging she supported mask mandates, Neely saying he would take steel to the border wall himself to finish it, and Neely saying, unprompted, that he hadn't "been on a stage with this many women since I've been to a baby shower."

Neely, who made some of the most outlandish comments, called Lake's campaign a "PSYOP," short for a military tactic known as psychological operations.

Both Lake and Robson also said they would support an Arizona law banning most abortions that passed before 1973's Roe v. Wade decision.

Simons' efforts to keep the insults and tangential comments to a minimum proved futile. Tuliana-Zen even exclaimed "mamma mia" in frustration.

At one point in the debate, Lake asked if it was an "SNL" skit.

"I feel like this is a spoof, honestly," Lake said. "Is this a spoof, Ted? Are you sure?"

Simmons ended the program by repeatedly saying "that's it" as candidates continued to talk over him.

This was the scariest moment in Arizona's GOP governor's debate. Be warned, America
Quote:
There was no shortage of cringeworthy moments during Thursday’s food fight, otherwise known as Arizona’s Republican gubernatorial debate.

There was the squabbling, of course, and the two leading candidates embracing their inner 8-year-old as they hurled insults at one another.

There was Scott Neely’s remark about his opponents, all of them accomplished in their respective professional fields: “I haven't been on a stage with this many women since I’ve been to a baby shower.”

But the cringiest, creepiest, scariest moment of all was when Kari Lake asked for a show of hands of how many of the four candidates believe the 2020 presidential election was “corrupt and stolen.”

Three hands immediately shot up.

Only Karrin Taylor Robson hasn’t taken the swan dive of delusion down that rabbit hole, though she’s quick to assure Republican voters that she doesn’t believe the election was fair.

But she, at least, stopped short of crying “Fraud!” given the complete and total absence of any credible evidence.

Meanwhile, Kari Lake continues to spout utter nonsense about hundreds of thousands of conspiracy-laced ballots that resulted in a “corrupt” election and an “illegitimate president”. She even suggested that she might not accept the results of the Aug. 2 primary unless she’s the winner.

We have a movement. Our campaign is a movement,” she said, when asked whether she would accept the results of the primary election. “We’re going to show up in droves. They are going to have to cheat even harder to win it.”

So there you have it. If Kari Lake loses, the election must be fraudulent. (Haven’t we seen this movie before?)

And scariest part?

Kari Lake may just win this thing.

Election deniers are leading in the polls for the state’s three top jobs: Blake Masters (Senate); Mark Finchem (secretary of state) and Lake (governor). This, as early ballots for the Aug. 2 primary hit mailboxes next week.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 5:40 pm

I eagerly await the inevitable in-fighting the GOP will see when the Fraudsters lose primaries and accuse less insane Republicans of the same imagined voter fraud they accuse the Democrats of. Let them reap what they sow and tear each other apart.

-pulls up lawn chair to watch-

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides