Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 4:10 pm

Bay Area Camp Suddenly Closes After Staffers Quit Over Swastika Scandal

For reference: swastika

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 5:26 pm

Well it seems that the woke community has now come out with period crunch cereal:

https://www.letseatcake.com/period-crunch-cereal/

I read that this was done by democrats to get points for the election, but if that's true, I don't see how that helps, since republican women menstruate too.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 5:37 pm

^ Eating out while dining in? :lmao:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 8:34 pm

r00tb33r wrote:

I think the staff shortage is the real reason they closed camp and the symbol was a convenient "woke" reason to close the camp. No need to go through all of this, not enough staff for children is a legitimate reason to close.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 8:54 pm

My take on the thing depends on my knowing the difference, and knowing for so long that I no longer know how long I've known.

And my take on the thing is how pathetically sad it is in this society that feelings and ignorance are so often preferred over information and knowledge.

Three references,

https://www.lionsroar.com/226988-2/
"
Now, Nakagaki is trying to raise awareness about the swastika’s peaceful Sanskrit origins. His new book, The Buddhist Swastika and Hitler’s Cross, is Nakagaki’s way of ending the decades-long prohibition against the symbol. He details the swastika’s Eastern roots and traces its use in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. All these uses predate the Nazi’s appropriation of the symbol by centuries.
The swastika comes in many iterations; some have dots, swirls, or other marks. Buddhism’s version stands square with left-turning arms, while Hitler’s was right-turning on a 45-degree angle.
"

and

https://ncac.org/news/blog/reclaiming-t ... even-leyba
"
In August, Artspace, a non-profit organization that manages spaces around the country where artists live and work, ordered the removal of an exhibition from the lobby of its property in Everett, Washington. The exhibition contained works by one of its residents, Steven Leyba, an artist of Native American and Jewish descent. Some of the works in the exhibition featured the swastika symbol, which Leyba has worked with for over thirty years to reclaim its original significance in Native American culture. NCAC wrote Artspace a letter demanding a public apology and restoration of the artworks, arguing that removing the work gravely compromises their commitment to artistic freedom.

In the meantime, NCAC sat down with Steven Leyba to find out more about his work and his approach in reclaiming this potent symbol.
"

and

https://whirlinglog.com/home
"
The swastika appears independently on objects from several early American Indian cultures, the oldest example being artifacts excavated at Hopewell Mound in Ohio (200 BCE - 500 CE). The symbol appears on old ceremonial sashes of the Kansa and Sac Indians, where it meant good luck or stood for the wind and its four directions. In the Hopi culture, the swastika is an allegorical depiction of the migration routes Hopi clans took through South and North America in order to arrive at their present location. It seems also to have been used by sun worshippers among several tribes from the Great Plains, just to name a few.

The swastika appears on the beadwork, basketry, pottery and jewelry of many tribes, from the Iroquois in the northeast, to the Sioux and Comanche of the upper Midwest and Great Plains, to the Apache, Navajo and Pima of the southwest, and to the Tlingit and Makah tribes of the Pacific northwest, among others.

(Continued on p. 2)
"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 11:34 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:

I think the staff shortage is the real reason they closed camp and the symbol was a convenient "woke" reason to close the camp. No need to go through all of this, not enough staff for children is a legitimate reason to close.

You're not helping contribute to hysteria over 'wokeness'. You're being reasonable aka, taking the thread off script.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 11:46 pm

Rather than wokeness stories like this are a reminder that even the most "white" cultural symbol was appropriated from little brown men in India who were using the symbol some 6000 years ago.

I consider this educational.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 11:50 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Rather than wokeness stories like this are a reminder that even the most "white" cultural symbol was appropriated from little brown men in India who were using the symbol some 6000 years ago.

That's my point. Wokeness doesn't seem to be woke to these facts.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 11:53 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

That's my point. Wokeness doesn't seem to be woke to these facts.

meh! the force works in mysterious ways.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 7:22 am

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:

You're not helping contribute to hysteria over 'wokeness'. You're being reasonable aka, taking the thread off script.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman