Attempt to impeach Philadelphia “Progressive Prosecutor”

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 8:49 am

Pennsylvania House Republicans Initiate Process To Impeach DA Larry Krasner: ‘Widespread Lawlessness In The City Of Philadelphia’

Quote:
Pennsylvania House Republicans have initiated the process to impeach Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner due to what they call “unchecked crime.” Three House Republican members from Western Pennsylvania — Reps. Josh Kail, Torren Ecker, and Tim O’Neal — say they have been drafting articles of impeachment involving Philadelphia’s DA since the South Street mass shooting.

The group of Republican lawmakers calling for the impeachment of Philly’s DA is not from Philadelphia, not even its suburbs, but they insist they know what’s right for Philadelphia.

“We are here to announce articles of impeachment against Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner,” Kail said.

Mispronouncing DA Larry Krasner’s name and speaking from Harrisburg, a group of lawmakers from Western Pennsylvania announced they are circulating a co-sponsorship memo for supporters of articles of impeachment and believe it will receive bipartisan support.

While explaining what motivated them to start this process, one of the lawmakers incorrectly referred to the South Street shooting as the “south side shooting.”

“This came to head two weekends ago during the south side shooting,” State Rep. Torren Ecker said.

While the group did not show a specific incident resulting from Krasner’s policies, they insist Philly’s DA is not enforcing laws, which they claim leads to a spike in crime.

“Across the country, people are standing up to unchecked and uncontrolled violence and lawlessness allowed because of radical politicians in district attorneys’ offices, like Larry Krasner,” he said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman