DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 5:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
If one was a shopkeeper affected by the vandalism of the BLM riots, it would be understandable if this shopkeeper had a different take upon this distinction.

Shopkeepers have insurance

Congressmen can't come back from the dead if they were lynched

That's still no excuse for destroying a person's property.

Tell that to Nancy Pelosi's husband. I'm 100% sure his atacker was still in Jan 6 mode when he was hunting Nancy pelosi

I fail to see what that has to do with what I just said.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 6:14 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Basically
BLM destroyed property
MAGAs wanted to lynch politicians

The difference in values is illustrated by Kyle Rittenhouse, the MAGA posterboy. He claims he crossed state lines to protect property. In the process he murdered two civilians.

Republicans care more about bricks and mortar than human lives. Just ask a Mexican child locked up in a cage by ICE.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 5:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Basically
BLM destroyed property

The difference in values is illustrated by Kyle Rittenhouse, the MAGA posterboy. He claims he crossed state lines to protect property. In the process he murdered two civilians.

Republicans care more about bricks and mortar than human lives. Just ask a Mexican child locked up in a cage by ICE.

I agree that what happened with the Jan 6th incident was worse, but there have been people attacked by BLM protestors too and even killed. I even remember a black woman on a youtube clip with a microphone screaming before an angry crowd saying "And I am not sad that a FASCIST was killed!"

Frankly I'm tired of both the extreme left AND the extreme right downplaying their crimes against people in this country. Neither side wants to accept accountability for tearing this countty apart.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 8:00 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Frankly I'm tired of both the extreme left AND the extreme right downplaying their crimes against people in this country. Neither side wants to accept accountability for tearing this countty apart.

The far left arose as a response to the draconian and undemocratic laws that arrested people in the 1950s who advocated for civil rights or workers rights. This happened in Australia as well, labour and trade unions were subject to constant harassment when they dared speak about minimum wages and barriers to education or employment for minorities.

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2022, 10:55 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Basically
BLM destroyed property

I agree that what happened with the Jan 6th incident was worse, but there have been people attacked by BLM protestors too and even killed. I even remember a black woman on a youtube clip with a microphone screaming before an angry crowd saying "And I am not sad that a FASCIST was killed!"

You are completely missing the point. BLM could have hired hitmen on people - BLM was not part of the Democratic party.

Jan 6th was instigated by the President, the leader of the GOP, and someone who should be upholding the laws and not trashing them.

If BLM hires hitmen, we arrest them and bring them down legally.

If the head of the country is willing to overturn an election with violence, we are no longer a democracy.

Its not even a fair comparison to use both in the same sentence. You have to find an example of a Democrat leader using the power of the office to overturn an election result.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 5:22 pm

stratozyck wrote:
You are completely missing the point. BLM could have hired hitmen on people - BLM was not part of the Democratic party.

Jan 6th was instigated by the President, the leader of the GOP, and someone who should be upholding the laws and not trashing them..

Yes infact a number of BLM activists blame the democrat party for historic oppression against black people. So it's somewhat laughable that republicans claim BLM and Antifa are some type of militant arm of the democrat party :roll:

Many black groups did openly support Obama in 2008 and 2012 and Hillary Clinton in 2016 but for specific reasons that had nothing to do with the democrat party
Obama - first black president
Hillary - to avoid electing the racist anti-black trump

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 5:51 pm

I'm not a Republican or a Democrat. I'm a free thinker. Something you rarely find in the US these days.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2022, 11:28 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Well as far as this whole cops like to kill black people concept that is going on, if the police are targeting black people that much more than other races, then why are there so many black police officers? Why would they choose to be part of an organization that specializes in murdering black people, if that's the case?

Obviously there's more to it than what the media implies. I don't believe cops are only targetting black people, they target white people too if they are impoverished and live in trailer parks too like I do (I see it happen all the time).

Basically our cops are targetting the poor because what's going on here in the US is a classism problem as much as it is racism. Poverty is oftened believed to be linked to crime. But the ill treatment of blacks makes the news more than the poor treatment of whites. It's obviously all political and plays into the agenda of our politicians who exploit people's strong feelings about racism.

We should really ask ourselves why our leaders are turning us against each other instead of trying to unite us through these hard times?

Oh okay thanks interesting. Well let's say hypothetically, if George Floyd was well off financially, lived in a more rich neighborhood and was suspect of white collar crimes instead... Would Derek Chauvin had still put his knee on his neck and killed him that way, if he was a financially well off white collar criminal, who was still black nonetheless?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 2:53 am

ironpony wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Well as far as this whole cops like to kill black people concept that is going on, if the police are targeting black people that much more than other races, then why are there so many black police officers? Why would they choose to be part of an organization that specializes in murdering black people, if that's the case?

Obviously there's more to it than what the media implies. I don't believe cops are only targetting black people, they target white people too if they are impoverished and live in trailer parks too like I do (I see it happen all the time).

Basically our cops are targetting the poor because what's going on here in the US is a classism problem as much as it is racism. Poverty is oftened believed to be linked to crime. But the ill treatment of blacks makes the news more than the poor treatment of whites. It's obviously all political and plays into the agenda of our politicians who exploit people's strong feelings about racism.

We should really ask ourselves why our leaders are turning us against each other instead of trying to unite us through these hard times?

Oh okay thanks interesting. Well let's say hypothetically, if George Floyd was well off financially, lived in a more rich neighborhood and was suspect of white collar crimes instead... Would Derek Chauvin had still put his knee on his neck and killed him that way, if he was a financially well off white collar criminal, who was still black nonetheless?

I think it would depend entirely on how famous and influential he was. I mean, could you honestly picture any cop doing this to Bill Cosby?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 8:32 am

I can't picture a cop doing it to Bill Cosby but they makes me wonder, did the police go after Floyd because he was black or poor?

If the cops are killing out of racism and not classism, then how come no white cop has killed Bill Cosby because he's black?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 8:51 am

Chavin did this to Floyd because he was black AND poor.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 8:54 am

ironpony wrote:
I can't picture a cop doing it to Bill Cosby but they makes me wonder, did the police go after Floyd because he was black or poor?

If the cops are killing out of racism and not classism, then how come no white cop has killed Bill Cosby because he's black?

I think he was targeted for being both black AND poor.

I'm not denying that there's racism in this country, I'm just saying poverty and reputation plays a big part in how you get treated in this country. And contrary to popular opinion among the woke crowd black people are not the only ones who get victimized by the police in our society.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 9:41 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
ironpony wrote:

I think he was targeted for being both black AND poor.

I'm not denying that there's racism in this country, I'm just saying poverty and reputation plays a big part in how you get treated in this country. And contrary to popular opinion among the woke crowd black people are not the only ones who get victimized by the police in our society.

You can be targeted just for being black. Henry Louis Gates was accosted by police outside his own house by police who believed he was an intruder. Apparently this happens a lot, even to black Republicans however they don't talk about it that much in front of whites.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 11:39 am

Oh ok. What does being a republican have to do with it?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 12:21 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Ronald Reagan, after all, was Governor of California before he became President......

Good point.

No place can be perfect. :lol:

Reagan was further to the right as CA governor than he was as president.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2022, 12:34 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh ok. What does being a republican have to do with it?

It's because Republicans try to appeal to voters who want to believe that racism against blacks isn't a serious societal issue, the existence of which necessitates remedies such as affirmative action and reparations, so black Republicans are unlikely to speak out when they become victims of said racism. The fact is the bulk of their constituency is whites who don't want to hear about such things and equate BLM with riots.