What is your favorite contradiction in the bible?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 9:00 am

Mine is when God gives Moses the second ten commandments after Moses smashes the first ones, tells moses "they are the same" and then replaces "thou shall not covet" with "thou shall not boil a kid in its mothers milk."

either way the law is an ass.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 9:27 am

The person who sins shall die. A child shall not suffer for the iniquity of a parent, nor a parent suffer for the iniquity of a child; the righteousness of the righteous shall be his own, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be his own. —Ezekiel 18:20

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me —Exodus 20:5

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 9:28 am

No one, when tempted, should say, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil and he himself tempts no one. —James 1:13

After these things God tested Abraham. —Genesis 22:1

(Maybe not fair because they are different Bible books, but some people like to pretend that the Bible is a cohesive work that has no contradictions.)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 9:52 am

I also like the different versions of Judas’ death that I posted in another thread.

Also, 1 John 4:8 says that God is love, but if one believes that the Bible is a homogeneous work, God commits genocide in the OT and kills babies (such as in 1 Samuel 15 starting in verses 2 and 3) which is not very loving in my opinion.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 3:37 pm

Proverbs 26:4-5 – Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself. Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 4:17 pm

How God doesn’t apply his rules to himself.We aren’t suppose to murder yet he slew all the first born sons of Egypt.
And he didn’t stop there.Smite, smite ,
and smite some more for good measure.