trump supporters - your reactions to the J6 hearings ?

Page 2 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 10:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I'm curious if we have any trump supporters on the site who would be so brave as to share their reactions to the J6 hearings ?

Brave enough? Why would it take bravery? Please be specific.
I voted for Trump in '16 and again in '20. Rest assured I will do so again in '24 if either he or DeSantis runs. From a liberal perspective DeSantis could be worse, he doesn't f#ck around.

Quote:
Think it's all politically motivated smoke & mirrors witch hunt to slander trump's name ? Changed your mind about trump and his actions in office/personal motivations etc and no longer support him the same as you did before ? Some other reaction(s) ? :?

I'm genuinely curious. I'm not interested in attacking you for whatever you believe. I'm legit curious what those who support(ted) the man think of the J6 hearings. Ofc this means I assume you've watched/listened to them (I've listened to the first 3 so far, might listen to the 4th tonight) vs. have not seen/heard them. If you support(ted) him And have not/will not see the J6 hearings, feel free to explain that pov too. Personally, I think everyone who cares about his politics one way or the other ought to see them for an informed perspective of what the hearings contain vs. refusing to view them.

Please, by all means, attack all you want and with all you have. Real Americans love the clash and sting of battle. :twisted:

As for the J/6 hearings, I didn't watch it and don't know too many people who did. We are neither embarrassed or ashamed, it just doesn't interest us. The “resurrection” to me, when it happened, looked about as serious as a super bowl halftime show.

A real insurrection would take months or even years of intelligence gathering, analysis, and planning. The execution of it would rip much deeper into the fabric with a tremendous shock and awe effect. I could write pages and pages on how I would like to see it carried out but I have no desire to spend the time on it. Besides, what purpose would it serve?

Sooo, you're opting not to watch any of it to avoid learning any facts contained in it that might challenge your perspective ? :? That's the way it seems to me. I highly doubt that people aren't watching simply because it does not interest them... you'd think someone interested in trump would want to watch just to know more about the guy and what he's being accused of and what the alleged facts are and so on vs. choosing to remain ignorant about all that's known about the 6th, what led up to it, and what's happened since. IMO, anyways.

People died and many more were injured. Many people are in jail over it. It was pretty serious by many different metrics.. but most of all by how close they came to destroying American democracy. That's some pretty serious stuff.

I suspected that this would often be the case.

When I was a member of a cult, I also wouldn’t look at information that went against my beliefs.

Hmmm…

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 24 Jun 2022, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 11:35 pm

I never figured "it wasn't real because the people who planned it were clearly incompetent and incapable of actually coordinating something of this nature" would be trotted out as an excuse. Americans were blessed that this batch of her enemies were such idiots but that doesn't mean their actions don't count.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:27 am

Just out of curiosity; did any of you who are all wrapped around the axle over “The Insurrection” :roll: actually look at images and video of it taking place? You see, we on the right tend to be results oriented and don't believe in participation trophies and “The Insurrection” :roll: was merely a participation trophy event. Trying to take an objective (the US Capitol) that you KNOW you can't hold or even do anything meaningful with is laughable. It was a pointless objective from the get-go and all about symbolism. Well, I guess we can at least say say that their hearts were in the right place.....what little good it's done.

And to save continuous and wasteful back and forth dialogue all day I'll go ahead and answer in advance what questions might arise. Well, the gist of them.

Question: So Raptor, are you implying that you endorse amend insurrection?!?!
Answer: Yes, when necessary. Let your imaginations run with the details. :twisted: :twisted:

Question: I suppose you're one of those right wing lunatics who believes the 2020 election was rigged.
Answer: As I and just about everyone else I've spoken to about it has observed: **YES**

Question: So why the long absence? I mean, I think you are a troll and a bully but I can't help but wonder.
Answer: Why not? My life has changed for the better (and it was good before :D ) since early 2016 which is why my posting here has become more on and off over the past six years and change. Besides, most of the threads I posted in were either “gunz-r-bad” or “orange man bad” threads. Even a professional horse beater gets bored with beating the same two dead horses after a while. I doubt I will be here long this time so enjoy me while it lasts.
:jester:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 9:46 am

I watched the whole shameful event play out.
Traitors all of them.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 11:29 am

Raptor wrote:
Just out of curiosity; did any of you who are all wrapped around the axle over “The Insurrection” :roll: actually look at images and video of it taking place? You see, we on the right tend to be results oriented and don't believe in participation trophies and “The Insurrection” :roll: was merely a participation trophy event. Trying to take an objective (the US Capitol) that you KNOW you can't hold or even do anything meaningful with is laughable. It was a pointless objective from the get-go and all about symbolism. Well, I guess we can at least say say that their hearts were in the right place.....what little good it's done.

And to save continuous and wasteful back and forth dialogue all day I'll go ahead and answer in advance what questions might arise. Well, the gist of them.

Answer: Yes, when necessary. Let your imaginations run with the details. :twisted: :twisted:

Question: I suppose you're one of those right wing lunatics who believes the 2020 election was rigged.
Answer: As I and just about everyone else I've spoken to about it has observed: **[b]YES
**[/b]

Question: So why the long absence? I mean, I think you are a troll and a bully but I can't help but wonder.
Answer: Why not? My life has changed for the better (and it was good before :D ) since early 2016 which is why my posting here has become more on and off over the past six years and change. Besides, most of the threads I posted in were either “gunz-r-bad” or “orange man bad” threads. Even a professional horse beater gets bored with beating the same two dead horses after a while. I doubt I will be here long this time so enjoy me while it lasts.

I watched the videos. Dozens and dozens of police officers injured, at least one person killed on site and a handful of others who later died as a result of the 6th.

AFAIK their objective wasn't to capture the building. It was to prevent the peaceful transfer of power to the duly-elected president Biden. And they failed thanks to Mike Pence and a few others upholding their oaths to the constitution.

What have you observed that makes you believe that the election was rigged? :?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 10:13 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
What have you observed that makes you believe that the election was rigged?
Probably a bunch of Alex Jones' hyper-caffeinated rants and several deep-fake YouTube videos.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 2:05 am

A man at my work is a Trump lover and he thinks the jan 6th riots were done by fake Trump supporters who were actually liberal. 8O I said this to him as sarcasm and he said "Actually I think that did happen."

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 3:28 pm

League_Girl wrote:
A man at my work is a Trump lover and he thinks the jan 6th riots were done by fake Trump supporters who were actually liberal. 8O I said this to him as sarcasm and he said "Actually I think that did happen."

That’s an interesting way to maintain his ideology.

People tend to come up with really stupid theories when they are desperate enough.

It’s so culty.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 4:24 pm

I think the worst thing Trump did in his presidency was veto the Yemen bill, which would have ended U.S. support for the genocide in Yemen. Nobody seems to talk about that. I certainly did.

Saudi Arabia is still killing hundreds of thousands of people in Yemen, but our media doesn't care about that.

Talking about "cultish" behavior. Anybody who subscribes to any political ideology or a party is a member of a cult. They are just not not capable of critical thought.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 4:25 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Answer: As I and just about everyone else I've spoken to about it has observed: **[b]YES
**[/b]

I watched the videos. Dozens and dozens of police officers injured, at least one person killed on site and a handful of others who later died as a result of the 6th.

AFAIK their objective wasn't to capture the building. It was to prevent the peaceful transfer of power to the duly-elected president Biden. And they failed thanks to Mike Pence and a few others upholding their oaths to the constitution.

What have you observed that makes you believe that the election was rigged? :?

Probably a bunch of Alex Jones' hyper-caffeinated rants and several deep-fake YouTube videos.
There's your answer, now I'm still waiting for you to answer mine about why it takes bravery to admit to being a Trump supporter (like me).
C'mon, don't be bashful. :P

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 8:09 pm

Because the man is atrocious, and his crimes are now well known.. sooo, to support such an awful human And to publicly state so takes a little bravery considering the disapproval from almost everyone else.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 8:16 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Because the man is atrocious, and his crimes are now well known.. sooo, to support such an awful human And to publicly state so takes a little bravery considering the disapproval from almost everyone else.
There is no need for bravery at all, just love for the truth . . .

Link to a Listing of DONALD TRUMP's ATROCITIES 

Encyclopedia of American Loons: DONALD J. TRUMP 

Link to a Timeline of DONALD TRUMP's COUP ATTEMPT 

TRE45ON!!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 5:23 pm

I'm a Trump supporter and I think that the January 6th hearings are a waste of time and I think that it's time for the court to move on to other things. There are much bigger fish to fry.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 6:43 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

It might take bravery for a candy-ass.
I have no issues going out in public wearing a MAGA hat. In reality, Trump has much more support than you think. Well, actually I think you do know it and it scares the hell out of you.

Remember, you started this thread to bait conservatives.
:shameonyou:

I think my point has been amply made. This will be my last post to this thread.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 11:50 pm

Yeah, it is scary that that liar can so easily con so many people into supporting him and his crazy nonsense.

Conservatives have zilch to do with trumpism. People can believe in small govt low taxes low govt spending etc etc - conservative values - and not have anything to do with trump.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 12:15 am

goldfish21 wrote:
so many people into supporting him

What does it mean to support, and who should the people have supported instead? What makes you think that everyone was conned?