Page 33 of 60 [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 60  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 11:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Almost feels like these things are being orchestrated .
If your populace was starting to realize that their governing body as not looking out for the
Healthy interests of its people . You might institute one disaster after another to force reliance
On the governing body.
Just a thought .

Well I feel like this may have been a political move to try to garner points for the next election. The democrats try to prosecute Trump to win election points, and so the republicans retort with this it seems. But that is just my theory and I could be wrong.

It's not about scoring political points, but with defending democracy from threats from within.

But I didn't think that a government deciding on what abortion should be for the entire country counted as democracy though, compared to individual states voting on it, does it?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 11:54 am

If we relied on the good will of the states, there would still be Jim Crow laws.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 12:00 pm

I see what you mean. So basically democracy is not wanting to be more independent from the government but wanting to give the government more power over the people to make the decisions, because the states are not responsible enough for independence in a sense?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 12:03 pm

That’s exactly what caused us to enact a Constitution.

The Articles of Confederation had considerable state power within it, which caused a total stymie in Congress.

Slavery was a total wrong in all ways. The South insisted on perpetuating it, often citing “states rights.”

Jim Crow, after the Civil War, was a total wrong, too. The South (and elements of the North) insisted on perpetuating it, citing “states rights.”

This proved why the Constitution, however imperfect, was required.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 12:23 pm

ironpony wrote:
Will this lead to a lot of black market abortions and there will be a black market, criminal enterprise for it in a sense?

Yes, that tends to happen when things are banned (i.e. black market, black market related crime, more people incarcerated, etc.).

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 12:50 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure
Quote:
On Monday three days after the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, took a call from a colleague, a child abuse doctor in Ohio.

Hours after the Supreme Court action, the Buckeye state had outlawed any abortion after six weeks. Now this doctor had a 10-year-old patient in the office who was six weeks and three days pregnant.

Could Bernard help?

Indiana lawmakers are poised to further restrict or ban abortion in mere weeks. The Indiana General Assembly will convene in a special session July 25 when it will discuss restrictio ns to abortion policy along with inflation relief.

But for now, the procedure still is legal in Indiana. And so the girl soon was on her way to Indiana to Bernard's care.

While Indiana law did not change last week when the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking Dobbs decision, abortion providers here have felt an effect, experiencing a dramatic increase in the number of patients coming to their clinics from neighboring states with more restrictive policies.

Since Friday, the abortion clinics where Dr. Katie McHugh, an independent obstetrician-gynecologists works have seen “an insane amount of requests” from pregnant people in Kentucky and Ohio, where it is far more difficult to get an abortion.

Ok...and how many years in prison is the little girl's abuser having to serve? I don't like the idea of murdering a child even in the case of rape because no human being has any choice or control over how they're conceived. But if that's going to be used as a justification for abortion, then someone has to be punished for it.

I don't know the specifics of Ohio's law other than it's a 6 weeks ban. A rational abortion ban has to allow for saving the life of the mother. I'd say at 10 years old it's a pretty serious risk to the life of the mother. And...I repeat...whoever impregnated her must receive the severest penalty reasonably possible, and I wouldn't rule out the death penalty.

I find it terribly disturbing that there is so much of a push toward abortion as relief from sexual assault. I don't have a problem with removing the consequences for the victim. But it does make it easier to abuse young girls. You can groom a young girl, have "consensual" sex with her, and continue to do so indefinitely as long as you don't get caught. If she falls pregnant, not a big deal. Just get an abortion. I'd say give her the abortion but make it mandatory to report it to law enforcement so the abuser will be brought to justice.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 1:07 pm

AngelRho wrote:
I find it terribly disturbing that there is so much of a push toward abortion as relief from sexual assault. I don't have a problem with removing the consequences for the victim. But it does make it easier to abuse young girls. You can groom a young girl, have "consensual" sex with her, and continue to do so indefinitely as long as you don't get caught. If she falls pregnant, not a big deal. Just get an abortion. I'd say give her the abortion but make it mandatory to report it to law enforcement so the abuser will be brought to justice.

So...The injured children must bear the pain of not allowing abortion in order to retain criminal evidence.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 3:39 pm

AngelRho wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:
On Monday three days after the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, took a call from a colleague, a child abuse doctor in Ohio.

Hours after the Supreme Court action, the Buckeye state had outlawed any abortion after six weeks. Now this doctor had a 10-year-old patient in the office who was six weeks and three days pregnant.

Could Bernard help?

Indiana lawmakers are poised to further restrict or ban abortion in mere weeks. The Indiana General Assembly will convene in a special session July 25 when it will discuss restrictio ns to abortion policy along with inflation relief.

But for now, the procedure still is legal in Indiana. And so the girl soon was on her way to Indiana to Bernard's care.

While Indiana law did not change last week when the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking Dobbs decision, abortion providers here have felt an effect, experiencing a dramatic increase in the number of patients coming to their clinics from neighboring states with more restrictive policies.

Since Friday, the abortion clinics where Dr. Katie McHugh, an independent obstetrician-gynecologists works have seen “an insane amount of requests” from pregnant people in Kentucky and Ohio, where it is far more difficult to get an abortion.

Ok...and how many years in prison is the little girl's abuser having to serve? I don't like the idea of murdering a child even in the case of rape because no human being has any choice or control over how they're conceived. But if that's going to be used as a justification for abortion, then someone has to be punished for it.

I don't know the specifics of Ohio's law other than it's a 6 weeks ban. A rational abortion ban has to allow for saving the life of the mother. I'd say at 10 years old it's a pretty serious risk to the life of the mother. And...I repeat...whoever impregnated her must receive the severest penalty reasonably possible, and I wouldn't rule out the death penalty.

I doubt a pedo cares about the consequences to the victim, just satisfying his depravity.

I have no idea the status of the investigation but I doubt something like this is being ignored.

Any investigation of the rape of a 10-year-old is going to be complicated by the question of do you want the child to go through the trauma of identifying her attacker and having her describe what happened to her.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 3:51 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Could Bernard help?

I doubt a pedo cares about the consequences to the victim, just satisfying his depravity.

I have no idea the status of the investigation but I doubt something like this is being ignored.

Any investigation of the rape of a 10-year-old is going to be complicated by the question of do you want the child to go through the trauma of identifying her attacker and having her describe what happened to her.

But isn't the hospital required to report it to law enforcement, if the person getting the abortion falls below the age of consent, and therefore it's a crime that has to legally be reported?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 5:01 pm

A pregnant 10 year old must give birth says America.

Okay that is just straight up madness right there.
Forget the political views and religious agendas, that child is TOO YOUNG to deal with the pain of childbirth. I don't care if the government says no exceptions. Our government hates children anyway so no one should care what the government thinks.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 5:04 pm

Are there any states where abortion is illegal under all circumstances and they are no exception states though?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 5:11 pm

I’ll have to do research…..but I believe some states in the South have these sorts of laws, which were activated by the Supreme Court decision.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 5:16 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Could Bernard help?

Whether one wants the child to relive trauma is irrelevant. That's the worst excuse I've ever heard for allowing abusers to continue abusing children.

Trauma just isn't an excuse. What you're saying, and I truly hope you don't intend to say this, is that it's perfectly acceptable for abusers to keep abusing children because the prosecution would traumatize children. Surely you don't find that acceptable! Abusers have to be locked up, and not allowed to abuse one child after another after another after another. It's like...ok, we have laws to prosecute child abusers. But we're just going to pretend older kids and adults aren't diddling little 10-year old girls because that's just gonna get complicated. If she gets pregnant, no big deal. Just abort the baby, everything will be fine.

That's exactly right. Everything will be fine! That's exactly what child abusers want you to think. Abort the baby, sweep the crime under the rug. There ARE laws, but we don't have to worry about them because nobody wants to traumatize the child. Nobody's gonna enforce the laws. So open season on little kids!

Is this SERIOUSLY how we see it?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 5:21 pm

AngelRho wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Could Bernard help?

Whether one wants the child to relive trauma is irrelevant. That's the worst excuse I've ever heard for allowing abusers to continue abusing children.

But we're just going to pretend older kids and adults aren't diddling little 10-year old girls because that's just gonna get complicated. If she gets pregnant, no big deal. Just abort the baby, everything will be fine.

That's exactly right. Everything will be fine!

Is this SERIOUSLY how we see it?

No, this is how YOU are choosing to misrepresent AsPartOfMe’s argument.

No one has stated that abortion will make everything better. It could make an awful situation a little bit better for victims, though.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 5:52 pm

ironpony wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Could Bernard help?

But isn't the hospital required to report it to law enforcement, if the person getting the abortion falls below the age of consent, and therefore it's a crime that has to legally be reported?

Not necessarily. It depends on local laws. Any time a parent accompanies a minor to get an abortion, it's a moot point. The laws are usually more concerned about parental rights. Children don't have a legally protected freedom to make ANY choices. So if a 10-year-old is pregnant, it's the parent's decision whether to force the girl to have an abortion, to let the girl decide, or to force the girl to have the baby. 30 and 40 years ago people would get in trouble for circumventing parents, so now I don't even think Planned Parenthood would go for a young child having an abortion without taking steps to make sure parents were involved.

If a 10-year old child is pregnant, well...here's a dirty little secret for you: I've gotten a woman pregnant 6 times. It doesn't always happen on the first try. That 10-year-old very likely had sex a number of times before she got pregnant. Whoever did this to her probably didn't think she'd get pregnant. And that tells you she's been abused for a while. That's a matter for DHS to get that poor girl out of that home and somewhere she'll be safe and cared for.

I mean...sure, it's possible someone can be a virgin and become pregnant after being raped ONE time. I'm just not inclined to believe it every time a 10-year-old pregnant girl makes the headlines. The FIRST time abuse happens, it should be immediately reported to the police. If that's the case, then I've got no argument here that she should be removed from the home. But it's frightening when you hear about children that young becoming pregnant. There's usually going to be a pattern of abuse there that's getting ignored. Even worse, it could be a parent that's behind the abuse and trafficking of their own kids. It's a sick world we live in.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 6:00 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

No, this is how YOU are choosing to misrepresent AsPartOfMe’s argument.

No one has stated that abortion will make everything better. It could make an awful situation a little bit better for victims, though.

I'm misrepresenting nothing. I'm just trying to get some clarity. I don't dispute that having to testify against an abuser can be traumatizing. But what everyone has said so far has done nothing but point out that making an accusation is traumatizing, suuggesting that children cannot be called upon to so much as even identify their abuser in the courtroom. You may not realize it yet, but the idea of sparing children "trauma" under these circumstances is antithetical to bringing abusers to justice. Is your intent really to give abusers blanket permission to keep having sex with kids? If NOT, then the logical conclusion is that any trauma a victim might face is irrelevant in the face of bringing abusers to justice. The reasoning I'm getting from others here, following everything to its conclusion, is abusers can declare open season on children without fear of prosecution because a) they can just abort the baby, and b) prosecutors are too afraid of traumatizing children by having them identify their abusers. Why not just take child abuse and age of consent laws off the books for all the good they do? None of this makes sense to me.