Page 5 of 60 [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 60  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Jun 2022, 1:57 pm

In Poland, abortion after a rape is theoretically legal - but it practice, it turns out proving that an act was a rape would have been required, which is hard and takes time - so, instead, a network of semi-legal providers of chemical abortions and voyages to Czechia, Netherlands and other states with different laws are practiced.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 1:59 pm

We have a child poverty rate of 26%,
Now that will go up because people can’t afford to raise any more kids.
https://www.myarkansaspbs.org/engage/adeeperlook

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 2:01 pm

Misslizard wrote:
babybird wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Red state rape.My state has plenty of raping going on, higher than the national average.
https://247wallst.com/state/crime-in-arkansas/

And that number is only for the ones that actually get reported.

Dismal to think about.
Now women in my state can get raped, be forced to carry their rapist’s child ,have crappy prenatal care, and then live in poverty.We are going backwards.

But then the problem is not with an abortion ban. The problem is rape. Can’t men in Arkansas just stop raping women?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Jun 2022, 2:02 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Can’t men in Arkansas just stop raping women?
Dear offenders, please, become law-abiding. Thank you.
Problem solved.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 2:04 pm

And what about teenage/underage pregnancy?

Where would the law stand with that? Would that come under the category of rape?

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 2:06 pm

Seems like the US is splitting in two, Conservatives & Liberals, this has been going on for a while but seems to be accelerating with LGBT, Trump, Russia, Trans debate, BLM, Biden and now this.

Maybe the US state itself will physically split or at least have a civil war who knows

- George Bernie Shaw

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 2:09 pm

magz wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
Problem solved.

Do you mean to say that it is acceptable to you for men to rape women?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 2:15 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
babybird wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Red state rape.My state has plenty of raping going on, higher than the national average.
https://247wallst.com/state/crime-in-arkansas/

And that number is only for the ones that actually get reported.

Dismal to think about.
Now women in my state can get raped, be forced to carry their rapist’s child ,have crappy prenatal care, and then live in poverty.We are going backwards.

But then the problem is not with an abortion ban. The problem is rape. Can’t men in Arkansas just stop raping women?

Alaska is the worst, many red states have higher rates than blue states.Probably because women are viewed as chattel in red states.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 2:22 pm

babybird wrote:

Where would the law stand with that? Would that come under the category of rape?

I think you should do everything you can to prevent that from happening. How do underage children have the opportunity to have sex, and how do others (children or adults) get access to children in order to abuse them?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 2:31 pm

AngelRho wrote:
babybird wrote:

I think you should do everything you can to prevent that from happening. How do underage children have the opportunity to have sex, and how do others (children or adults) get access to children in order to abuse them?

I admire that you are striving for an ideal world but it's not an ideal world and unfortunately these things do happen. Maybe in an ideal world there would be no need for abortion in the first place. I can't imagine that any woman would add having an abortion on her "to do" list or life plan.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 2:40 pm

Geez…

If people don’t like abortion, they can choose not to have one, but they shouldn’t try to infringe on the autonomy of someone else’s body.

They should invest this time and energy into programs that help the children who are here by becoming foster parents or something.

The truth of the matter is that we are not sufficiently caring for these children.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 2:42 pm

magz wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
Problem solved.

Excellent!!

I don’t know why no one has thought of this before. We should send the letter along with homemade brownies, though, for maximum efficacy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 3:01 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
magz wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
Dear offenders, please, become law-abiding.  Thank you.  Problem solved.
Excellent!!  I don’t know why no one has thought of this before.  We should send the letter along with homemade brownies, though, for maximum efficacy.
Imagine all the time and effort put into enacting laws and penalties against rape, when we could have just asked those fellows to not rape anyone.

What a concept!  It boggles the mind . . .

:roll:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 3:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
magz wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
Dear offenders, please, become law-abiding.  Thank you.  Problem solved.
Excellent!!  I don’t know why no one has thought of this before.  We should send the letter along with homemade brownies, though, for maximum efficacy.
Imagine all the time and effort put into enacting laws and penalties against rape, when we could have just asked those fellows to not rape anyone.

What a concept!  It boggles the mind . . .

:roll:

I’ll remember that if there’s ever a next time. I probably wouldn’t have time to make the homemade brownies, though…

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 3:05 pm

babybird wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
babybird wrote:

I admire that you are striving for an ideal world but it's not an ideal world and unfortunately these things do happen. Maybe in an ideal world there would be no need for abortion in the first place. I can't imagine that any woman would add having an abortion on her "to do" list or life plan.

Unfortunately, some people's version of an ideal world mean some rights get trampled on, like being able to choose to have an abortion.

Sadly, there are states that promote abstinence only and do not allow sex education in schools. So when horny teenagers have no clue about safe sex and give in to their perfectly normal pubescent urges and a child results, who is then responsible?Are the teens at fault for giving in to natural urges? Are the parents, educators or policy makers responsible? Even if those kids make in through high school without getting pregnant, now there is a group of young adults who know nothing about preventing pregnancy but also STDs. This is the ideal world those parents, educators and policy makers made.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 3:16 pm

SpiralingCrow wrote:
babybird wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
babybird wrote:

Unfortunately, some people's version of an ideal world mean some rights get trampled on, like being able to choose to have an abortion.

Sadly, there are states that promote abstinence only and do not allow sex education in schools. So when horny teenagers have no clue about safe sex and give in to their perfectly normal pubescent urges and a child results, who is then responsible?Are the teens at fault for giving in to natural urges? Are the parents, educators or policy makers responsible? Even if those kids make in through high school without getting pregnant, now there is a group of young adults who know nothing about preventing pregnancy but also STDs. This is the ideal world those parents, educators and policy makers made.

Every single teenager isn’t getting pregnant. Teenage pregnancy is still the exception, not the rule. Not all teenagers are even giving into those natural urges. You are creating a world that does not exist—EVERY teenager has natural urges, EVERY teenager gives in to those urges, EVERY teenager gets pregnant, or if they don’t, EVERY young adult is ignorant about diseases and pregnancy. This is exaggerated, doesn’t reflect the real world, and isn’t logical.