Page 30 of 60 [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 60  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 11:58 am

Those are all good points. Thanks for the insight.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 12:03 pm

- camera footage or receipt showing the mother or partner / family member / friend bought morning-after pills

- confirmation that mother / parent surrendered ownership of fertilized embryos at IVF clinic

- parent(s) seeking selective reduction when pregnant with multiples

- evidence that the mother knew the baby was deformed or unwell, prior to a sudden loss

- evidence that the mother was unhappy or unsure about the pregnancy

- sudden absence from work, school, social media, routines

- allegations of rape against partner or other person, leading people to believe they didn’t want the baby

- maternal mental health history and / or substance abuse

- evidence of domestic strife

- past history of self-harm

I could go on with this all day.

All it takes is suspicion of a crime and police or social services can begin an investigation.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 12:06 pm

Ok thanks, that makes sense. Would they sell morning after pills now or is that going to be illegalized as well in some states?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 12:20 pm

ironpony wrote:
Ok thanks, that makes sense. Would they sell morning after pills now or is that going to be illegalized as well in some states?

I’m not in charge so I don’t know for sure, but some states already think the morning-after-pill is murder.

That’s the position of the Pro-Life movement.

Morning-after pills are similar to taking a high dose of birth control pills to prevent implantation.

Some groups are already against the sale or use of birth-control pills whether or not they might be used as a morning-after safeguard.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 12:32 pm

Some fools also believe birth control (like condoms, IUD's) prevent conception; hence prevent the creation of a new life; hence, consider it somehow sinful.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 12:33 pm

Some believe masturbation and oral sex are sinful because of wasted seed.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 12:45 pm

I don't know about sinful but spent seed in the eye can cause terrible irritation.

Anyway your balls would explode if you never got sex and you couldn't wank.

These religious folk just haven't thought it through well enough.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 12:50 pm

babybird wrote:
I don't know about sinful but spent seed in the eye can cause terrible irritation.

Anyway your balls would explode if you never got sex and you couldn't wank.

These religious folk just haven't thought it through well enough.

Or … they think it through with children and a confessional nearby.

I think I should bow out of this topic now before I blow a gasket.

It’s been a slice but there’s nothing more I can add.

If a person needs to be convinced that all people should have equal human and civil rights, they need a psychiatrist more than they need to waste my time.

Later, gators!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 2:17 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
- camera footage or receipt showing the mother or partner / family member / friend bought morning-after pills

- confirmation that mother / parent surrendered ownership of fertilized embryos at IVF clinic

- parent(s) seeking selective reduction when pregnant with multiples

- evidence that the mother knew the baby was deformed or unwell, prior to a sudden loss

- evidence that the mother was unhappy or unsure about the pregnancy

- sudden absence from work, school, social media, routines

- allegations of rape against partner or other person, leading people to believe they didn’t want the baby

- maternal mental health history and / or substance abuse

- evidence of domestic strife

- past history of self-harm

I could go on with this all day.

All it takes is suspicion of a crime and police or social services can begin an investigation.
Even without a "valid" reason, someone could file false abortion reports because they are:

- vindictive ex-husbands

- angry or jealous ex-friends

- rejected toxic males

- political opponents

- religious extremists

- bored

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 4:06 pm

Oh I see. Thank you everyone for the insight.

So now that it has become a state issue, does this mean people will vote in the issue in their states or they do not get to vote?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 4:35 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh I see. Thank you everyone for the insight.  So now that it has become a state issue, does this mean people will vote in the issue in their states or they do not get to vote?
That depends on the state.  Some states will decide the matter in their courts or legislatures, and some states will decide the matter through public referenda.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 6:42 pm

Funny how the party that claims to want government out of our lives wants to control the most personal aspects of people's lives.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 6:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Funny how the party that claims to want government out of our lives wants to control the most personal aspects of people's lives.

Well this is what I was thinking too on the issue, because it seems that democrats are much more agains the decision that the government relinquished their power to the states, but democracy is all about the government having less power and giving it more to the people, for the people to make their own choices in their own states.

Then when the government does it now, and makes the more democracy type decision, the democrats complain about it...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 7:32 pm

ironpony wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well this is what I was thinking too on the issue, because it seems that democrats are much more agains the decision that the government relinquished their power to the states, but democracy is all about the government having less power and giving it more to the people, for the people to make their own choices in their own states.

Then when the government does it now, and makes the more democracy type decision, the democrats complain about it...

Sometimes the government has to step in in order to protect civil rights when the states won't. Plenty of states had denied African Americans the right to vote and to have social equality till the federal government interjected itself to establish their constitutional rights. Or in the case of LGBTQ Americans, they had been denied the right to marriage equality, and so the federal government stepped in to secure for them the right that all other citizens have. The federal government steps in when the states fail to do the right thing.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 7:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Sometimes the government has to step in in order to protect civil rights when the states won't. Plenty of states had denied African Americans the right to vote and to have social equality till the federal government interjected itself to establish their constitutional rights. Or in the case of LGBTQ Americans, they had been denied the right to marriage equality, and so the federal government stepped in to secure that right for them that all other citizens have. The federal government steps in when the states fail to do the right thing.

Oh yes, that's a good point.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 8:26 am

I have an impression...supporters of guns believe that guns held by citizens can be used to fight against government tyranny.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.