Why is there so much hating on the right on this website?

Page 3 of 16 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 9:01 pm

Right-wingers have a difficult time on this website for the same reasons that conspiracy theorists do: Many of the rest of us are intelligent and educated well enough to recognize esoteric BS when we see it. Further, our insistence upon valid empirical evidence (instead of falling for the old "connect the dots" fallacy) seems to trigger them into falling back on personal attacks and outright lies.

Then they get warned.

Then they get suspended.

Then they either get banned or just plain quit.

Then we win.

Somewhere, someone named Ghandi is smiling.

:D

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 9:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
Then they get warned.

Then they get suspended.

Same with the sex perverts who troll, stalk, and harass members.
They can be left or right wing, though.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 9:29 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Then they get warned.

Then they get suspended.

Same with the sex perverts who troll, stalk, and harass members.
They can be left or right wing, though.

Trolling and sociopathic deviancy doesn't really exist on a political spectrum...but often they gravitate to political nonsense

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 9:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
[color=black]Right-wingers have a difficult time on this website for the same reasons that conspiracy theorists do: Many of the rest of us are intelligent and educated well enough to recognize esoteric BS when we see it. Further, our insistence upon valid empirical evidence (instead of falling for the old "connect the dots" fallacy) seems to trigger them into falling back on personal attacks and outright lies.

Sometimes people view disagreements with their side or requests for empirical evidence as a “personal attack.”

For instance, I’m not seeing so much hate towards the Right on WP as disagreeing with their stance on
specific topics and discussing evidence (such as 1/6 stuff) that supports a different, albeit more rational, perspective.

It’s like how JWs view respectful debate about their beliefs as persecution. If you tell them that you interpret the Bible differently when they bother you at your door, you’ve just persecuted them.

Back to politics, I think that things are so polarized some of us have forgotten that debate is not an automatic personal attack.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 26 Jun 2022, 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2022, 9:32 pm

Fnord wrote:

:D

Smiling because he put a paper bag on your head and spun you around a few times. That's sneaky Osiris Risen on the top right. Watch the Billy Joel video again. They have been controlling everything you see hear and read for a long time.
Annie Besant

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 9:37 pm

^^

The video about Billy Joel won’t load. Piano Man is one of my all time favorite songs, but I doubt he has much to contribute in terms of politics.

I just thought of an extremely silly political interpretation of Piano Man, but it probably doesn’t top whatever you’ve got.

flamingshorts
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2022, 9:44 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
^^

The video about Billy Joel won’t load. Piano Man is one of my all time favorite songs, but I doubt he has much to contribute in terms of politics.

I just thought of an extremely silly political interpretation of Piano Man, but it probably doesn’t top whatever you’ve got.

Maybe you need an account on Gab. Just needs email. Here it is on bitchute. They can put it in a well known song and nobody notices. But somebody who wrote the song knew.
Billy Joel We Didnt Start the Fire

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 9:46 pm

Quote:
Why Is There So Much Hating On The Right On This Website?

Aspies isolated from reality have a lot of pie-in-sky ideas about the world. Dreaming is good, but they are certain to clash with the coarse realists. They falsely interpret conservative reality as "right leaning".

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 9:49 pm

flamingshorts wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
^^

Maybe you need an account on Gab. Just needs email. Here it is on bitchute. They can put it in a well known song and nobody notices. But somebody who wrote the song knew.
Billy Joel We Didnt Start the Fire

Ummm… okay?

This isn’t valid evidence. This is just a very strange way of “connecting the dots,” as Fnord mentioned. It doesn’t actually prove anything at all.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 9:59 pm

I always liked that Billy Joel song because it references a lot of history, and has good rhymes.
I don't understand what the big deal is about the video or what it has to do with WP.
Nor do I really care.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 10:18 pm

flamingshorts wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Smiling because he put a paper bag on your head and spun you around a few times. That's sneaky Osiris Risen on the top right. Watch the Billy Joel video again. They have been controlling everything you see hear and read for a long time.Annie BesantImage
Dude, I am not watching any of your stupid videos.  They are as worthless as they are pathetic.  So are your theories regarding who is in control.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 10:31 pm

Maybe because most of the right is ablist, anti-lgbt, racist, misogynistic, narcissistic, ammosexual scumbags and responsible for all the current misery happening right now, and the few that aren't tolerate these scumbags, so they're no better?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 10:37 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Maybe because most of the right is ablist, anti-lgbt, racist, misogynistic, narcissistic, ammosexual scumbags and responsible for all the current misery happening right now, and the few that aren't tolerate these scumbags, so they're no better?
You left out the "gun nuts" who believe the Second Amendment gives teenagers the right to bear military-grade assault rifles and use them in pre-emptive "self defense" against anyone they do not like.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 10:43 pm

Or the fact cops can stand by when children are murdered in Texas.
But, parents can't dispose of a zygote from a petri dish.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 10:45 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Or the fact cops can stand by when children are murdered in Texas.  But, parents can't dispose of a zygote from a petri dish.
They are Pro-Birth, not Pro-Life.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 10:51 pm

I wonder how many of them are in arrears for child support, or have abused and neglected their own kids?