Why is there so much hating on the right on this website?

Page 12 of 16 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 7:09 pm

Raptor wrote:
Let the record show that it was cyberdad and not me who needlessly resurrected the whole Nick Sandmann topic. Of course. I’ll probably take the rap for it.

Watch out for "minions" and "sock-puppets" trying to entrap you to get you banned (again). 8O

This will be my last post in this thread. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 7:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
There would be a lot less hatred for the Right if there was a lot less hatred* from the Right.

And:
There would be a lot less hatred from the right if there was a lot less hatred from the left. 8)

Please note:
The original context was the hatefulness on this particular website.
May I point out, that you don't have to be right-wing to experience the hate from the left here?
Centrists are also targeted. 8O

BTW, This will be my last post in this thread. :mrgreen:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 7:27 pm

Pepe wrote:
OMG!! !
The legendary "Raptor" is back!! ! 8O

This will be the last post I will make in this thread. :mrgreen:

They've been talking about me, eh?
I kinda figured.
Well good, the legend lives on...
:twisted:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 7:36 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Let the record show that it was cyberdad and not me who needlessly resurrected the whole Nick Sandmann topic. Of course. I’ll probably take the rap for it.
Well, you've been publicizing his picture for quite a while now, even on topics where he's not mentioned, so I think if anyone primed the resurrection it seems most likely to have been you. :P

It's not a new avatar.
I've had it for about 3 years. Remember, every avatar I've ever had has been....Raptoresque.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 7:39 pm

Pepe wrote:
There would be a lot less hatred from the right if there was a lot less hatred from the left. 8)

There's also a broad tendency to dismiss criticisms that aren't desired as hate, sometimes even when they amount to little more than a Spongebob-esque excuse me sir, you're sitting on my body which is also my face level of assertiveness.

Hey, my humanity also deserves to be recognized might sound like hate to defenders of traditions that refuse to recognize some people's humanity though.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 7:49 pm

ironpony wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
You can't really tell from a photograph that was taken in the middle of a conversation, and a picture can tell lies easily though.

The video doesn't lie. he was emboldened by his classmates chanting and making racist signs at the Indian to stare down at the old man smirking. Everybody knew he was trying to stare down the elder in a condescending manner and the smirk was a sense of entitlement and amusement at the racist chants coming from his friends behind him.

And that's totally fair, I haven't seen the video :). I was just going by the photo and my photography experience.

You should watch the complete video and decide for yourself without allowing yourself be taken in by the leftist narrative.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:00 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:

There's also a broad tendency to dismiss criticisms that aren't desired as hate, sometimes even when they amount to little more than a Spongebob-esque excuse me sir, you're sitting on my body which is also my face level of assertiveness.

Hey, my humanity also deserves to be recognized might sound like hate to defenders of traditions that refuse to recognize some people's humanity though.

Quote:
Please note:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=406978&p=9077042#p9076925

This will be my last post in the thread. :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:03 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Quote:
Please note:

I'm aware of the context, I'm disputing the framing that disagreeing with or pushing back against certain attitudes is the same as hate.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:12 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
There would be a lot less hatred for the Right if there was a lot less hatred* from the Right.

(*Against women, immigrants, the poor, the homeless, the disabled, science and scientists, secular education, teachers, free speech, free press, free thought, freedom of assembly, freedom of religion, queerfolk, minimum wage, the environment, the right to vote, affordable health care, affordable housing, dissenting opinions, et cetera.)

That's one of the issues. You believing everybody on the right is inherently all those things.

This is the binary left-wing narrative.
I.E.
All progressives are good.
All non-progressives are bad.

This sort of dehumanisation through binarism is the cause of a lot of hate in the political world.
This type of thinking is simplistic, anti-intellectual, and devoid of integrity.
Butt try and tell that to a hyperpartisan on either side of the political divide. 8)

BTW, This will be my last post in this thread.
:mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Quote:
Please note:

I'm aware of the context, I'm disputing the framing that disagreeing with or pushing back against certain attitudes is the same as hate.

So, you have never discerned hateful bullying on this website as a result of a political predilection?
"Interesting". 8)

This will be my last post in this thread.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:31 pm

Pepe wrote:
All progressives are good.
All non-progressives are bad.

This sort of dehumanisation through binarism is the cause of a lot of hate in the political world.
This type of thinking is simplistic, anti-intellectual, and devoid of integrity.
Butt try and tell that to a hyperpartisan on either side of the political divide. 8)

Is this a matter only about "progress and non-progress" or between two parties in a country?

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:37 pm

Pepe wrote:
So, you have never discerned hateful bullying on this website as a result of a political predilection?
"Interesting". 8)

This will be my last post in this thread.

I mean, it might be fair to say I've experienced some at the hands of several posters due to a misunderstood idiom and the fallout resulting, but I feel like that's not the sort of bullying you'd recognize because pinkos are bad and deserve it for upsetting conservatives, regardless of the details of the actual disagreement.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 12:02 am

I'm on the right. I believe very strongly in the rights of people with disabilities. I even feel that unborn babies with disabilities should not be aborted, because I feel that all people with, or without disabilities should have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I feel that members of the LGBTQ community should be able to have rights and that we should be treated with respect. I feel that everyone should have access to free health care. I also like to support the troops of my country.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 1:36 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm on the right. I believe very strongly in the rights of people with disabilities. I even feel that unborn babies with disabilities should not be aborted, because I feel that all people with, or without disabilities should have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I feel that members of the LGBTQ community should be able to have rights and that we should be treated with respect. I feel that everyone should have access to free health care. I also like to support the troops of my country.

As I said, creating a political binary is embarrassingly simplistic, anti-intellectual, and is devoid of integrity.
Binarism here only serves to dehumanise the other party.
Trump Hitler would be proud. 8)

This is the last post I will make in this thread. :mrgreen:

traven
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 1:52 am

Q --
A the money* is on the other side
* investors banks miltarycomplex advertisors-BB and all entertainment

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 1:59 am

traven wrote:
Q --
A the money* is on the other side
* investors banks miltarycomplex advertisors-BB and all entertainment

Do you have any idea how many corporations embrace left-wing values these days? 8O

This will be my last post in this thread. :mrgreen: