Why is there so much hating on the right on this website?

Page 11 of 16 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 2:49 am

Raptor wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Raptor wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Quote:
Don't feel safe here as on WP?
What's there to fear? I've always been very open about my right wing political beliefs here to no ill effect. It may have ruffled the feathers of some others but never mine.

You might t not have been around but I have seen some right wingers here complain about how this is a echo chamber or a leftist site and I have heard they were chased off this site because they felt attacked because people disagreed with their ideologies. They also felt attacked when people here would criticize right wing views. But yet neither of them ever consider maybe we feel the same about them when they express their ideologies that would harm us and go against us because their opinion holds power?

But all real Americans love the sting and clash of battle. :twisted:

Who appointed you the authority for what "real Americans" love?

That’s actually a George Patton quote that I like to use when applicable. But to answer your question, I appointed myself. :P

OMG!! !
The legendary "Raptor" is back!! ! 8O

This will be the last post I will make in this thread. :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 6:09 am

Pepe wrote:
OMG!! !
The legendary "Raptor" is back!! ! 8O

This will be the last post I will make in this thread. :mrgreen:

When it rains it pours :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 6:12 am

The Right is never right—and the Left is never left out :P :jester:

(I’m just joking :jester: slapstick punny stuff :P )

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 8:18 am

Let the record show that it was cyberdad and not me who needlessly resurrected the whole Nick Sandmann topic. Of course. I’ll probably take the rap for it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 8:38 am

There would be a lot less hatred for the Right if there was a lot less hatred* from the Right.

(*Against women, immigrants, the poor, the homeless, the disabled, science and scientists, secular education, teachers, free speech, free press, free thought, freedom of assembly, freedom of religion, queerfolk, minimum wage, the environment, the right to vote, affordable health care, affordable housing, dissenting opinions, et cetera.)

Last edited by Fnord on 07 Jul 2022, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 8:54 am

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
/\It wouldn’t matter what kind of hat he had on, it’s his rude facial expression.He looks like an entitled little jerk , and he would have the same spoiled ass idiot look wearing a bowler, fedora, pork pie, bucket ,top hat or toboggan.

IKR...the way republicans made his actions (and those of Kyle Riittenhouse) into some type of political opportunism is disgraceful

Didn’t his parents teach him to show respect to his Elders?If one of my kids had pulled a stunt like that ,there would have been punishment, not praise.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

07 Jul 2022, 3:09 pm

Raptor wrote:
Let the record show that it was cyberdad and not me who needlessly resurrected the whole Nick Sandmann topic. Of course. I’ll probably take the rap for it.
Well, you've been publicizing his picture for quite a while now, even on topics where he's not mentioned, so I think if anyone primed the resurrection it seems most likely to have been you. :P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 3:27 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Well, you've been publicizing his picture for quite a while now, even on topics where he's not mentioned, so I think if anyone primed the resurrection it seems most likely to have been you.
So, it is not the reactive posts that are the problem, but the posts and images that provoke the reactions.

Huh.

Imagine that.

Last edited by Fnord on 07 Jul 2022, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 3:48 pm

I think the problem with American politics which seems to have spread to other English speaking nations as well, is that they only go by two teams, the rebublicans and the democrats, and people feel they have to pick a side, and not many people want to be their own person with their own beliefs. They have to pick a side, and cannot be anything other politically than either of these two sides. Everyone would rather join a pissing contest than be there own person.

It's like imagine if in the world of food cuisines, these higher up people made a rule saying you can only like Mexican or Japanese cuisine. You cannot pick anything other and have to pick between those two. No others are allowed.

Then so many people instead of picking what they actually like on their own, decide to pick between these two, and turn into a pissing contest, just between two for some reason.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:18 pm

America has more than just those two political parties; but if an American candidate wants to get elected, then he or she should declare as either Democrat or Republican.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
There would be a lot less hatred for the Right if there was a lot less hatred* from the Right.

(*Against women, immigrants, the poor, the homeless, the disabled, science and scientists, secular education, teachers, free speech, free press, free thought, freedom of assembly, freedom of religion, queerfolk, minimum wage, the environment, the right to vote, affordable health care, affordable housing, dissenting opinions, et cetera.)

That's one of the issues. You believing everybody on the right is inherently all those things.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Well, you've been publicizing his picture for quite a while now, even on topics where he's not mentioned, so I think if anyone primed the resurrection it seems most likely to have been you.
So, it is not the reactive posts that are the problem, but the posts and images that provoke the reactions.

Huh.

Imagine that.

While it was never explicitly demanded I ditched the confederate-rag-in-the-trash avatar to ensure it couldn't be used to spin perceptions of any blame my way more than might be fair.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
America has more than just those two political parties; but if an American candidate wants to get elected, then he or she should declare as either Democrat or Republican.

That makes sense. But I'm not talking about the election strategy but more so that people feel like they have to subscribe to either of the two parties ideologically.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:26 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Fnord wrote:

That's one of the issues. You believing everybody on the right is inherently all those things.

Many, but liberal idpol often fixates on many of those issues in a manner that's more self-gratifying than beneficial and often fails to ever get back around to how different groups of people and their struggles are related and where common interests lay.

That and they'd like to convince us we can address our environmental issues without substantial reductions in consumption, that we can address issues like affordable housing without addressing issues the market creates, etc

Liberals often seem to identify no more than half of the problem and offer solutions that amount to a bandage for a severed limb.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:37 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Wrong again!  This is not an all-or-nothing list that defines everyone on the Right, but a list of characteristics that generally define the Rightist mind set -- the more of these hostile beliefs, the further to the Right a person's ideology may be.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:44 pm

ironpony wrote:
. . . people feel like they have to subscribe to either of the two parties ideologically.
Thus the problem is not the two parties, but that American tend to choose one of the two main parties without regard to what they stand for -- wealthy white Christian male Nationalist conservatism, or poor non-white non-Christian genderfluid tax-and-spend liberalism.

Personally, I am retiring elsewhere -- better a two-bedroom farmhouse on the slope of a volcano than a four-bedroom mini-MacMansion in a gentrified community.