Why is there so much hating on the right on this website?

Page 15 of 16 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:30 pm

And he’s a chicken footed draft dodger with bad hair ,an Oompa Loompa tan, grabs women by the coochie ,and has bad manners.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:37 pm

Misslizard wrote:
And he’s a chicken footed draft dodger with bad hair ,an Oompa Loompa tan, grabs women by the coochie ,and has bad manners.
And those are his best points!

:lol:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:55 pm

The reporter mocking thing is very old news from months before the 2016 election. I know it came up here back then and I VERY likely said I'd still vote for him. My stand has not changed one iota.
You should know by now that I can't be shamed into doing or not doing anything.
:twisted:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:00 pm

Raptor wrote:
The reporter mocking thing is very old news from months before the 2016 election. I know it came up here back then and I VERY likely said I'd still vote for him. My stand has not changed one iota.

So long as you know "what" you are voting for. You have that freedom of choice.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

People can vote even if they are absolutely clueless and like a candidate solely for his or her dimples.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:08 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
People can vote even if they are absolutely clueless and like a candidate solely for his or her dimples.

I remember a republican voter in 2016 reporting that the main reason she voted for Trump was because first lady Melania would add more class to the White House and that she thought Michelle Obama looked like a "gorilla in heels" (her words).

We are not talking about intellectual giants but I keep being reminded that half of college educated women voted for Trump in 2016 despite his vocal misogyny.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:

It always puzzles me why non-Americans sweat over our presidents and moreso our domestic affairs when you don't have a vote.
We don't feel your pain.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:38 pm

Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It always puzzles me why non-Americans sweat over our presidents and moreso our domestic affairs when you don't have a vote.
We don't feel your pain.

The same people who comment on every other country's internal issues that they have awareness of? I'd imagine it's because they don't consider America exceptionally beyond criticism and actually have empathy for the citizens harmed by terrible decisions.

Ironically at times it seems like non-Americans have more empathy for those Americans than their fellow Americans have for them. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I remember a republican voter in 2016 reporting that the main reason she voted for Trump was because first lady Melania would add more class to the White House and that she thought Michelle Obama looked like a "gorilla in heels" (her words).

Well that's one I haven't heard. The one I did hear from a dude I know IRL is that Michelle is a man in drag. I aint making this up.

Quote:
We are not talking about intellectual giants but I keep being reminded that half of college educated women voted for Trump in 2016 despite his vocal misogyny.

I wonder how many pictures and video I could post here of Biden sniffing women and kids like an old hound and having his paws all over them.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:47 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

We don't feel your pain.

The same people who comment on every other country's internal issues that they have awareness of? I'd imagine it's because they don't consider America exceptionally beyond criticism and actually have empathy for the citizens harmed by terrible decisions.

Ironically at times it seems like non-Americans have more empathy for those Americans than their fellow Americans have for them. :nerdy:

But you can't fix it.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:49 pm

Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

We don't feel your pain.

I hope the same logic can be applied to my country. Although I don't need its actual results.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:49 pm

Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

We don't feel your pain.

I’m always interested in what nonAmericans think. We are all human.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:51 pm

Raptor wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

We don't feel your pain.

But you can't fix it.

Are we likely to fix anything by commenting on it here?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:57 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

We don't feel your pain.

To some extent, yes it is mildly interesting. I will say that it doesn't annoy me as much as it used to. It's almost cute now, like watching little kids pretending to drive a parked car.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:59 pm

Raptor wrote:
But you can't fix it.

No, but not every single conversation has to be directed towards finding solutions, sometimes people just need empathy or to be reminded that reasonable people actually agree with them.
Further, there's nations that have only recently succeeded in overturning antiabortion laws and they might have useful advice.

To some extent 'fix' inherently oversimplifies the issue. Any solution will always be imperfect and face criticism. Being able to compare how different regulations play out helps with understanding what policies would be most effective, in order to compare against public opinion, in order to determine strategy.

Twilightprincess wrote:

Are we likely to fix anything by commenting on it here?

Also this. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 11:01 pm

Raptor wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

We don't feel your pain.

To some extent, yes it is mildly interesting. I will say that it doesn't annoy me as much as it used to. It's almost cute now, like watching little kids pretending to drive a parked car.

Some on here are more knowledgeable about American politics than the average American.