TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 7:50 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think that both of the people in the examples got the punishment they deserved.

We really don’t need to be lightening up on child sex offenders.
you do realize that in one of the examples, the “perpetrator” meant no bad intent, right? He met the girl at an 18 and over bar, so he had no way of knowing she was underage. And yet he’s getting severely punished for life, because of how harsh the sex offender registry is in some states (finding housing and getting a job is impossible for him). Also, because people on the registry are punished the same way, whether you’re a rapist, child molester, or had sex with someone who lied to you about her age.

We are all responsible when it comes to making sure that the people we are sleeping with are of age.

Given some of his statements, I would take his article and the evidence therein with a grain of salt.

Interestingly, the guy “Adrian” didn’t make it into his documentary. I wonder why. :roll:
where did you get these “statements” from anyway?

From the article you provided.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 7:50 pm

I wouldn't mind dating 30-year-old FXE when I was 15.
If he doesn't mind my political position at that time. :oops:

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 7:57 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
They are, apparently, old enough to go off to war and kill people, so they are probably old enough to avoid having sex with minors who are 5 years younger than themselves.

That's a better point against teenagers serving in the military than it is in favour of ruining kids lives for sex acts among peers where all participation was voluntary.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 7:59 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
They are, apparently, old enough to go off to war and kill people, so they are probably old enough to avoid having sex with minors who are 5 years younger than themselves.

That's a better point against teenagers serving in the military than it is in favour of ruining kids lives for sex acts among peers where all participation was voluntary.

Children engaging in sex acts with adults is not considered voluntary as per the law (or myself).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 7:59 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
I wouldn't mind dating 30-year-old FXE when I was 15.
If he doesn't mind my political position at that time. :oops:

Does this make me a predator or prey? :oops:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:01 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Children engaging in sex acts with adults is not considered voluntary as per the law (or myself).

You conflate the legal concept of consent with voluntary participation. One can be a voluntary participant in acts they can't consent to, that's why both concepts exist and aren't merely synonyms.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

You conflate the legal concept of consent with voluntary participation. One can be a voluntary participant in acts they can't consent to, that's why both concepts exist and aren't merely synonyms.

Statutory rape exists, is harmful, and carries a hefty prison sentence.

Nonconsensual sexual activity is harmful whether it was forced or not.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:17 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Statutory rape exists, is harmful, and carries a hefty prison sentence.

Nonconsensual sexual activity is harmful whether it was forced or not.

I don't disagree but that's besides the point considering the main disagreement is over who is entitled to consent with who and who should be entitled to consent with who.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I don't disagree but that's besides the point considering the main disagreement is over who is entitled to consent with who and who should be entitled to consent with who.

It has already been found that the person in question was not entitled to receive consent and is, thus, a sex offender.

I doubt she was really that surprised since the laws are well-known. I would’ve assumed that I couldn’t sleep with a 14 year old at 19, not that I would’ve wanted to (ewwww!!).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:22 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

It has already been found that the person in question was not entitled to receive consent and is, thus, a sex offender.

I doubt she was really that surprised since the laws are well-known. I would’ve assumed that I couldn’t sleep with a 14 year old at 19, not that I would’ve wanted to (ewwww!! !).

You can insist that's righteous all you like and I will continue to ridicule the ridiculous as I'm entitled to.

Since you're fine with ruining the rest of that person's life as well as almost certainly compounding whatever the other partner now has to deal with it negates whatever moral authority you might claim.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 04 Jul 2022, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:24 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I doubt she was really that surprised since the laws are well-known. I would’ve assumed that I couldn’t sleep with a 14 year old at 19, not that I would’ve wanted to (ewwww!! !).

You can insist that's righteous all you like and I will continue to ridicule the ridiculous as I'm entitled to.

I didn’t say that it was righteous. I’m just sticking up for the obvious victim here - the child.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:27 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I didn’t say that it was righteous. I’m just sticking up for the obvious victim here - the child.

I'd ask the "victim" before I'd insist they were a victim.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:27 pm

The bottom line in my opinion is that a sex offender is someone who breaks whatever laws exist about sex, age, consent, trafficking, coercion, or activity.

Clearly some offenders are more dangerous to the general public than others.

That's why there are different classes of sex offenders, and some are labelled Dangerous.

In the case of the first story, she was a sex offender whether people like it or not.

In the second story yes there are mitigating circumstances because he was deceived. I would hope his legal team fought those charges to lessen his sentence. That doesn't mean he didn't commit an offence, willingly or not.

For example,
If I decide to take street drugs without checking what they really are, that's on me.
If I kill or injure someone including myself, I'm responsible.
That should be the same if my drug dealer promised me they were safe.

The girl in the second story should / could be charged as well, I would think.
That's for using false ID, lying under police investigation, intent to frame a person, etc.

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 04 Jul 2022, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I'd ask the "victim" before I'd insist they were a victim.

Cool! I’ll ask the next 10 year old victim if he was a victim. If he says “no,” the guilty should go free. :roll:

People can be victims without initially realizing it. The negative effects can come years later. 14 year olds don’t know “everything” because they are still children.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 04 Jul 2022, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:35 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
The girl in the second story should / could be charged as well, I would think.
That's for using false ID, lying under police investigation, intent to frame a person, etc.

I would agree although I’d expect her offenses to be lessened by the fact that she was underage. Being a victim of statutory rape, she may have learned her lesson, too. Still, I think some classes are in order.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:36 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Cool! I’ll ask the next 10 year old victim if he was a victim. If he says “no,” the guilty should go free. :roll:

People can be victims without initially realizing it. The negative effects can come years later. 14 year olds don’t know “everything.”

I agree.
That's why they're called minors and they can't vote or make major decisions.
The adult / older teen assumes the role of adult-by-proxy and is legally bound to act in their best interest.

Sure they might consent or even instigate, but older people are obligated to stop them.