Have You Been Politically Brainwashed By The Media?

Page 2 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 12:25 am

The trick is to be brainwashed by the truthtellers.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

traven
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 2:32 am

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 3:46 am

I dont like cannibalism.

So if I encounter a news commentator on the tube who also hates cannibalism does that prove that my dislike of cannibalism is only a product of "being brainwashed by the media"?

Just "mirroring the same opinion" as a talking head on the tube isnt a very scientific test.

Also the media is not monolithic. If you happened to agree with Tucker Carlson about one thing, and with Rachel Maddow about something else does that indicate that you were Brainwashed by both Tucker Carlson AND by Rachel Maddow (even though they considered to be polar opposites)?

Even networks that are supposed to be similar can be markedly different. Both RT and Al Jeezera are notorious for being "anti American" yet during the Arab Spring Jazeera would applaud the Libyan people for overthrowing Khaddaffi while at the same time (you could literally surf back and forth between the two covering the same war in the same LIbya but in opposite ways at the same time) RT would demonize NATO for helping the Libyan people overthrow Khaddaffi.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 2:29 pm

I only believe everything I hear from Jesus’ channel - Fox News.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 2:36 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
So . . . what is the punch line?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 2:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Why does there need to be a punchline?

Some members in my family are practically to this point. They think that all media is biased except for Fox News. Then they complain about transpeople in bathrooms and/or transpeople in sports. The usual stuff.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:00 pm

Stuff like that .. in one’s life gets old after awhile , I think . All types of hate speech , just gets old quick . And does not lend to getting a Good response from peeps, if you happen to be in mixed company , imho. Particularily in this day and age . Am sure there are exceptions to every rule.?

where ever you go ,there you are

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:24 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I dont like cannibalism.

Naaa. Needs garlic.

(Thinking of Crocodile Dundee).

Thanks to all who replied. To be honest, we really do not realize how easily we can be brainwashed... It was when I happened to look at how easily the German people were brainwashed by Hitler in the past and that was with posters, comics, speaches and on the radio so they did not have the technology we have today, and I realized just how easily it could be done today... One could create a senario where one would be told another country is waging war against your country when the other country isn't, and one could then use it as an excuse to be the agressor and go in to conquor that country. Is the age old tactic to lie to your own pwople to get what you want.
On the other side of things, you could be the agressor and at war with other countries and make it look to your own countries people that there is no war and we are just imposing sanctions (Sanctions are an act of war. Think of sanctions as seiging a castle or a fortified city to try to starve them into surrender).

The problem is that as here in the UK when we try to view the links you show us from your news, they are often blocked here due to sensorship issues, and if we try to share links from our news of what goes on here, a lot of that is censored in the USA which actually makes me think that there is something going on here. Could either your news be lieing to your people or ours be lieing to us or both? If neither, then why block the news as it was not blocked a year ago. This is a recent thing.
Now what I say is just a theory and there is probably nothing in it, but it does make me wonder as the only blocks like this I have ever had in the past are to do with when I used to know a Chinese person and some of her news links were blocked to me and vice versa and there was no reason to block such things as they were innocent things. But today the same thing is happening between the UK and the USA which has me puzzled.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 07 Jul 2022, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilovepalmtrees
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2022, 4:27 pm

I am a critical thinker and I think for myself.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:30 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
'Cuz I thought you were telling a joke.
Twilightprincess wrote:
Some members in my family are practically to this point. They think that all media is biased except for Fox News. Then they complain about transpeople in bathrooms and/or transpeople in sports. The usual stuff.
So it was sarcasm, not a joke.

I know people who disdain network news entirely and rely only on YouTube and Twitter for their "information".  They are some of the most messed-up people I know.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:33 pm

ilovepalmtrees wrote:
I am a critical thinker and I think for myself.

Nice.

My aunt used to be someone who was an independent thinker and this happened because she isolated herself from the TV and she had a very clear understanding about things because she was not clouded by things which didn't matter.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:53 pm

This situation about restricting info , started a long while back ,, it’s just that it has become more obvious lately.
Different Countries are getting serious about censorship . It is alittle frightening .

And it could be understood as each country trying prevent there population from being swayed by. Disinformation.
And besides everyone knows,A ignorant population is a compliant population(sheeple). Sarcasm intended .

Our own police here are encouraged to not discuss crime levels with civilians, in any particular area .Regardless of how bad it gets . Or how obvious it gets to be . So ,I think this disinformation, stuff goes on at many levels .
The Wonderful Nextdoor App connecting neighbourhoods they claim . Doesn’t like people to report serious crimes
On their App . Got kicked off it for witnessing a very local murder .And writing about it .

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
'Cuz I thought you were telling a joke.
Twilightprincess wrote:
So it was sarcasm, not a joke.

I know people who disdain network news entirely and rely only on YouTube and Twitter for their "information".  They are some of the most messed-up people I know.

I actually learned that I have to avoid the news entirely. It triggers my PTSD. Even if a topic seems safe, they suddenly go to another or have a headline scrolling, and then “bam,” I’ve got nightmares, insomnia, and anxiety for weeks - even worse than usual. It’s been a huge problem for me over the years.

Most of my news comes from my family, which is still Fox News, actually. LOL I can’t win.

If I watched the news, I’d probably try to watch a variety of networks rather than just one (but never anything related to Ben Shapiro). I have my limits.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 07 Jul 2022, 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:58 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Thanks to all who replied. To be honest, we really do not realize how easily we can be brainwashed...

I actually think that many people on here, but not everyone, know how easy it is to be brainwashed

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 5:00 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
I actually learned that I have to avoid the news entirely. It triggers my PTSD. Even if a topic seems safe, they suddenly go to another or have a headline scrolling, and then “bam,” I’ve got nightmares, insomnia, and anxiety for weeks - even worse than usual. It’s been a huge problem for me over the years.

Most of my news comes from my family, which is still Fox News, actually. LOL I can’t win.
I usually skip the TV news and go straight to "Jeopardy!".

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 5:05 pm

Can sure agree with TV and news triggers of PTSD stuff. . . . . And. I do think that many people whom are on the spectrum are rather trusting , sometimes to the point of being naive.
( but personally , to a certain degree am almost content with naïveté.) 8O