Ron DeSantis stumps for Trumpers in Arizona

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 8:32 am

Ron DeSantis stumps for Donald Trump’s picks in Arizona

Quote:
The Florida Governor was in Phoenix, Arizona, rallying for U.S. Senate candidate Blake Masters and gubernatorial hopeful Kari Lake, under the auspices of a Turning Point USA “Unite to Win” rally tour appearance.

Masters and Lake, acolytes of Donald Trump, have questioned the legitimacy of the 2020 election, a fact that did not escape national observers.

However, there was little focus on stolen elections, with rhetoric tailored toward party unity. And by the end, DeSantis was promising to send National Guard members to stand guard at the Mexican border in cooperation with Lake, if she were elected Governor.

Lake, upon introducing DeSantis, didn’t focus on 2020 so much as extolling DeSantis as being in Trump’s mode and saying being called “DeSantis of the West” was a major compliment.

“He’s got BDE. I call it Big DeSantis Energy. He’s got the same kind of BDE President Trump has,” Lake said, introducing DeSantis as a Governor who brought “Trump strength” to Florida.

DeSantis emerged to the “Real American” theme song of former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan, a new flourish, asserting that Election Day would see Republicans “fight back.”

Florida will “get the election wave” started, with said wave going across the country and electing Lake and Masters, he predicted.

DeSantis also mocked President Joe Biden‘s bouts with coronavirus: “How many times did he test positive for COVID?”

“Hopefully we don’t have a case of Long Biden,” DeSantis joked.

The zingers weren’t done for the President.

“Jimmy Carter was a better President than Biden,” DeSantis said, more seriously.

DeSantis urged for Arizonans, post-primary, to “be united against the Democrats,” and said that the Republican Governors Association and the National Republican Senatorial Committee need to be “all in” for this election.

DeSantis went to bat for Trump over a half hour into the speech, claiming that agencies have been “weaponized” and Hillary Clinton wasn’t subject to such indignities “when she had a rogue server and she was laundering classified information.”

The Governor tweeted a denunciation of the search from his political account, rather than his official handle last week.

“The raid of MAL is another escalation in the weaponization of federal agencies against the Regime’s political opponents, while people like Hunter Biden get treated with kid gloves,” DeSantis wrote.

Polling has shown DeSantis as popular in Arizona, the first choice for the GOP nomination if Trump does not run in 2024. In the last year and a half, speculation has abounded about DeSantis potentially running against Trump, but here he seemed to be very much in a support role of the larger Trump agenda.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 8:36 am

The Trump Agenda: what agenda?

The only "agenda" I see is Trump becoming the Grand Poobah, sitting on top his throne, not really caring about anybody else.