Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 1:18 pm

Tulsi Gabbard announces she's leaving the Democratic Party

Quote:
Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii announced Tuesday that she's leaving the Democratic Party because she said it's "now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness."

In a video statement posted on social media, Gabbard, 41, accused Democrats of dividing the country "by racializing every issue, stoking anti-white racism" and "actively working to undermine our God-given freedoms enshrined in our Constitution."

"The Democrats of today are hostile to people of faith and spirituality," she continued. "They demonize the police and protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans. The Democrats of today believe in open borders and weaponize the national security state to go after political opponents. Above all else, the Democrats of today are dragging us ever closer to nuclear war."

Gabbard said that the Democratic Party stands for a government of, by and for the "powerful elite" and called on her fellow "independent-minded Democrats" to leave the party as well.

Before Gabbard launched her bid, Hillary Clinton, the party's 2016 presidential nominee, suggested in 2019 that she believed that Republicans were grooming the former congresswoman to run as a third-party candidate. Clinton didn't mention Gabbard by name, but said she believed one candidate is "the favorite of the Russians."

Gabbard suspended her presidential campaign in March 2020 and endorsed Joe Biden. She served in the House from 2013 to 2021 and as the vice chair of the Democratic National Committee from 2013 to 2016. She is a combat veteran with deployments to the Middle East and Africa and currently serves as a lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserve.

I am not with her on a lot of foreign policy stuff. For example IMHO her anti “forever wars” opinion gained enough currency that Trump and Biden felt the need to quit an operation that required a minimal amount of troops and casualties and was working in Afghanistan. In the wake of our quitting two very bad things happened. 1. A human rights nightmare especially for women. 2. I defiantly think that withdrawal plus our recent history made Putin believe we would not do much if he invaded Ukraine.

She is right about a lot of things she said about the Democrats. Where I would take her to task is I think it is a woke bubble not cabal. Besides the last thing we need is another person yelling conspiracy.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

endlesslycurious
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Oct 2022, 10:43 pm

She had like 6 different white supremacist dog whistles in her speech and even started with one saying evil kabal which is dog whistle for jewish people. This isnt a surprise since she said she felt right at home at the CPAC convention.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 4:08 am

Dog whistles are not a real thing.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 7:34 am

Dox47 wrote:
Dog whistles are not a real thing.

They're incredibly useful for those who find them though.

I remember the rather infamous Christian Picciolini and Sam Harris interview where Christian was saying that 'globalism' was a white supremacist dog whistle and that hit me as really, dangerously, wrong - ie. if people start using that logic seriously we could just carve up the English language, make communication impossible as dogwhistles slowly consume the dictionary (they're ever-evolving things after all), and force our difference to go to bombs and bullets. It's like honoring the will of terrorists and showing them that terrorism works (whether it's actually the 'alt right' doing it or whether it's the people constantly combing speeches for hermeneutics, correlation, gematria, or whatever else). Sam Harris's comment later after the interview, and a slight apology, he mentioned that if 'globalism' is a dog whistle then Meghan Kelly is an unwitting white supremacist and she probably needs to be warned of it (to clarify this was him catching the error rather than having a dead children in Hunter Biden's basement moment).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 3:27 am

Former presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard says she is leaving the Democratic Partyhttps://www.npr.org/2022/10/12/112 ... atic-party

Former congresswoman and 2020 presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard has announced she is leaving the Democratic party.

"I can no longer remain in today's Democratic party," she said on an episode of her podcast. "It's now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers, driven by cowardly wokeness..."

Gabbard additionally accused the party of "stoking anti-white racism," being contemptuous toward religion and police and driving the country closer to nuclear war.

Ok I get her views on the war in Ukraine. But why attack wokeness and talk about anti-white racism?? She's not even white?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 5:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
Ok I get her views on the war in Ukraine. But why attack wokeness and talk about anti-white racism?? She's not even white?

-
Wokeness sucks, so does racism regardless of who it's directed at, why does this surprise you?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 7:06 pm

Some commentary by The Humanist Report:

Tulsi Gabbard Cites “Wokeness” & “Anti-White Racism” as Reasons for Leaving Dem Party, Oct 11, 2022.

Explains why her remarks are opportunistic nonsense.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 7:14 pm

She'll make a great next president or vice president.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 9:23 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

Judging from her performance running on the democrat ticket, I think she has a snowflake's chance in hell

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 9:31 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Some commentary by The Humanist Report:

Tulsi Gabbard Cites “Wokeness” & “Anti-White Racism” as Reasons for Leaving Dem Party, Oct 11, 2022.

Explains why her remarks are opportunistic nonsense.

I agree with the podcaster's view that she's a grifter
I predicted during the Trump years she would either get kicked out or leave, for making overtures to Trump
Her reasons for leaving the democrat party sound like they are taken from a far right faction of the MAGAs

However, she makes 100% sense when talking about America's involvement with the Ukraine war. I agree with everything she says on that issue.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 9:39 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Wokeness sucks, so does racism regardless of who it's directed at, why does this surprise you?

Sorry...anti-white racism is an oxymoron (it's been proven time and again)
Wokeness has been co-opted by the right as a racist slur. When I see black people buying into "Anti-wokeness" they would be making their parents and grandparents roll their eyes. It was an African American word meaning waking up and realising the entire system has been designed to oppress them,

People who are anti-woke reject the reality of systemic racism from the government down.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 10:13 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Judging from her performance running on the democrat ticket, I think she has a snowflake's chance in hell

She wouldn't be running as a democrat this time. And she wouldn't have to run at all for DeSantis to pick her as VP. Although he could go with MTG instead.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 10:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Wokeness has been co-opted by the right as a racist slur. When I see black people buying into "Anti-wokeness" they would be making their parents and grandparents roll their eyes. It was an African American word meaning waking up and realising the entire system has been designed to oppress them,

People who are anti-woke reject the reality of systemic racism from the government down.

Woke was appropriated by white liberal SJWs who endeavor to take control of everything and everyone. When the right and others talk about woke these days, that's mainly who they have in mind.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 10:37 pm

Can we just admit that the MAGAs and Woke SJWs are both dominated by terrible human beings who are trying to tear this country apart?

I'm not even sure there is a "lesser of two evils" in regard to both these movements at this point.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 10:44 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

She wouldn't be running as a democrat this time. And she wouldn't have to run at all for DeSantis to pick her as VP. Although he could go with MTG instead.

About the only thing she would be good for is Onlyfans

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 10:46 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Woke was appropriated by white liberal SJWs who endeavor to take control of everything and everyone. When the right and others talk about woke these days, that's mainly who they have in mind.

Agreed! some SJWs fit that description as well. But a lot of us don't fit the neat little pigeonholes created for us by less brighter lights of the MAGA brigade