Kim Jong Un Was ‘Seriously Ill’ During Covid Surg

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 10:59 pm

Bloomberg

Quote:
Kim Jong Un’s influential sister revealed that North Korea’s leader had a “high fever” during a recent Covid outbreak, as she vowed to “eradicate” South Korea’s leaders if they continued to let propaganda leaflets cross the border.

Repeating dubious claims that the pamphlets caused the recent Covid outbreak in the north, Kim Yo Jong blamed “South Korean puppets” for sending “dirty objects” across the border in leaflets carried by balloons, the official Korean Central News Agency reported Thursday.

Kim Yo Jong said in a speech that North Korea’s leader suffered from a “fever” and was “seriously ill,” according to KCNA. Still, she added that he “could not lie down for even a moment because of his concerns on the people.” She didn’t elaborate whether her brother was among what North Korea calls “fever cases” or specified a date of his illness.

Overweight and a smoker, Kim Jong Un’s health has prompted speculation for years. His public appearances are closely tracked for insights about the autocratic and secretive regime in Pyongyang, especially since his family has a history of heart disease.

North Korea had not called the hundreds of thousands of fever cases “Covid,” perhaps because the reclusive country doesn’t have enough testing kits to confirm that the cases were caused by the coronavirus. It has refused vaccines from the outside world, with reports saying planned shipments have been put on hold because it is unwilling to follow rules by Covax, a body backed by the World Health Organization.

The remarks by Kim Yo Jong, who has been the face of North Korea’s pressure campaign and against Washington and Seoul, included her first threat against the government of South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol who took power in May.

“If the enemy continues to do such a dangerous thing that can introduce virus into our republic, we will respond by eradicating not only the virus but also the South Korean authorities,” she said in a speech at a meeting of ruling party officials reviewing policies to battle the epidemic.

South Korea’s Unification Ministry expressed “strong regret” over Kim Yo Jong’s statement, calling her claims “rude” and “unsubstantiated” allegations.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 9:32 pm

The world in 2022 doesn't seem to be particularly concerned with North Korea...