Page 5 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 4:34 pm

Jury votes don't have anything to do with elections. I just felt that democrats were being contradictory in saying that they do not like how republicans decided to do try to overthrow a vote, when they themselves threatened to overthrow a vote, if the vote did not go their way.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 4:52 pm

ironpony wrote:
Jury votes don't have anything to do with elections. I just felt that democrats were being contradictory in saying that they do not like how republicans decided to do try to overthrow a vote, when they themselves threatened to overthrow a vote, if the vote did not go their way.

You don't understand then.

In both instances democrats consistently want the voting systems to function as they're intended to - not simply to get the outcome they want.

Elections = free and fair.
Judgements = follow the rule of law and settled case precedent.

'Getting their way,' in the legal judgement wasn't simply about the outcome they wanted, but more so about the rule of law being upheld vs. OBVIOUS wrong and biased decisions being made if the guy wasn't convicted.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 8:38 pm

Oh okay, I thought they were trying to get the outcome they wanted, and I didn't know they were trying to intimidate people into following the rule of law. But threatening the city with riots, to intimidate people to follow the law, seems kind of contradictory too.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 8:52 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, I thought they were trying to get the outcome they wanted, and I didn't know they were trying to intimidate people into following the rule of law. But threatening the city with riots, to intimidate people to follow the law, seems kind of contradictory too.

Both; but they outcome they wanted was the just outcome that followed the rule of law.

How is it contradictory to fight for justice if it’s withheld?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 9:36 pm

So I guess what you are saying is, is that it's okay to riot if it's for the fight for justice, compared to not winning in an election. I guess I just thought it was hypocritical to be anti-rioting in one situation but pro-rioting in another. But I see there is a difference you pointed out in one being for justice, if that is what you mean.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2022, 10:34 pm

Yeah, pretty much.

If it’s for a legit just cause, then rioting can be righteous.

If it’s to create mayhem because some orange guy can’t accept that he’s a loser, then it’s no bueno.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 12:14 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Yeah, pretty much.

If it’s to create mayhem because some orange guy can’t accept that he’s a loser, then it’s no bueno.

Oh okay, I thought it was the people who couldn't accept that the orange guy lost more so, which is why they were doing it. But I see the distinction you are pointing out.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2022, 4:41 am

ironpony wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Yeah, pretty much.

Oh okay, I thought it was the people who couldn't accept that the orange guy lost more so, which is why they were doing it. But I see the distinction you are pointing out.

..his cult members couldn't accept his loss because trumplestiltskin LIED to them and kept saying he won and the election was stolen from him. That's not a just righteous cause - at all.

It wasn't even a believable lie. People chose to ignore reality and believe their cult leaders lies.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 10:12 pm

That makes sense. There is a distinction there.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 1:30 am

How could he believe in the government was in a big conspiracy when he was in the government?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 1:33 am

goldfish21 wrote:
..his cult members couldn't accept his loss because trumplestiltskin LIED to them and kept saying he won and the election was stolen from him.

The GOP will probably say that the next time they lose and the next time. Then after they see this tactic isn't working they'll change tracks to some other type of lie instead.

But for the next few years they'll think it's impossible for them to lose an election.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 11:27 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
How could he believe in the government was in a big conspiracy when he was in the government?

DEEP STATE!! ! HILLARY’S EMAILS!! !! ! :lol:

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 9:56 pm

I just don't get why people are so obsessed with Trump, when he is not President anymore. His haters got what they wanted, yet they still obsess over him. Since he is not President anymore, can't we just move on?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 10:39 pm

ironpony wrote:
I just don't get why people are so obsessed with Trump, when he is not President anymore. His haters got what they wanted, yet they still obsess over him. Since he is not President anymore, can't we just move on?

Uuuuh, it’s not about getting him out of office. It’s now about him being held accountable for his crimes.. like trying to overthrow the US government and install himself as dictator. That’s kind of a big deal that people can’t just let slide.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2022, 11:17 pm

Oh well I tend to blame his sheep a lot more for that attempted overthrow rather than blame the shepherd but that's just me. But as for trying to become a dictator, that's not technically a crime, but I didn't thought as long as he was out of office, that's good enough.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2022, 12:09 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh well I tend to blame his sheep a lot more for that attempted overthrow rather than blame the shepherd but that's just me. But as for trying to become a dictator, that's not technically a crime, but I didn't thought as long as he was out of office, that's good enough.

Have you watched the J6 hearings? There was a lot more going on behind the scenes than the magas breaking into the capitol building and beating cops. trumplestiltskin and has gangsters tried other (pre-meditated) methods of stealing the election.

Trying to steal the leadership of the USA and install yourself as dictator likely qualifies as sedition. It doesn't count as treason if it's not done during war time to benefit another country, but it's still illegal in the USA, so yeah, it's a crime.

Part of the problem is trump has committed countless crimes, so now its a matter of sorting out which ones have a high probability of him being convicted of. Tons of rules about evidence etc - which is why so many criminals get away with so many crimes and trump knows this. But the adults in the room are going through everything with a fine toothed comb and justice will prevail.