DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 8:38 am

Pepe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Freedom of Speech is overrated. I'm in favor of silencing Trump and his supporters.

As a very small minority who “think differently” Autistic people should be the last people in favor of censorship. It could be turned against us as in it is made illegal to advocate for the neurodiversity movement because it is propagandizing people into not getting cured or treatment for a terrible disease that makes people not human, or outlawing stimming because it makes people uncomfortable.

Well I'm not in favor of allowing Trumpian fascism to take over our country because certain people have the 'freedom' to spread dangerous lies and conspiracy theories. Besides these people are going to take away our rights to freely express ourselves sooner or later and you all know it.

Rather ironic since "cancel culture" is embraced by the left more so than the right. ;)
One of the main reasons I can't identify as left-wing is my respect for free speech and freedom of thought.

Actually now that i think about it, they both equally favor silencing the other side and having only their side's voices heard.

And this boys and girls is how civil war starts followed by a miserable authoritarian dictatorship that you f*****s asked for. :D

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 9:51 am

Pepe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Freedom of Speech is overrated. I'm in favor of silencing Trump and his supporters.

As a very small minority who “think differently” Autistic people should be the last people in favor of censorship. It could be turned against us as in it is made illegal to advocate for the neurodiversity movement because it is propagandizing people into not getting cured or treatment for a terrible disease that makes people not human, or outlawing stimming because it makes people uncomfortable.

Well I'm not in favor of allowing Trumpian fascism to take over our country because certain people have the 'freedom' to spread dangerous lies and conspiracy theories. Besides these people are going to take away our rights to freely express ourselves sooner or later and you all know it.

Rather ironic since "cancel culture" is embraced by the left more so than the right. ;)
One of the main reasons I can't identify as left-wing is my respect for free speech and freedom of thought.

Freedom of speech? Or freedom from consequences for saying the things you say?

Some fail to differentiate.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 9:10 pm

the right wing pols/supporters just doesn't get why the rest of us don't just worship them like deities.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 9:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the right wing pols/supporters just doesn't get why the rest of us don't just worship them like deities.

In all fairness, even if it's just the right wing that's broken, the American eagle can't fly with just a left wing alone and thus leaving it vulnerable to predators in the wild like that Russian bear and Chinese dragon. :skull:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 9:18 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

In all fairness, even if it's just the right wing that's broken, the American eagle can't fly with just a left wing alone and thus leaving it vulnerable to predators in the wild like that Russian bear and Chinese dragon. :skull:

the right wing is more than ready and willing to fly alone, everybody else be damned.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 9:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

the right wing is more than ready and willing to fly alone, everybody else be damned.

But a true democracy needs both wings to fly. Without that... we're screwed either way. :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 9:39 pm

why couldn't i have been born a citizen of the commonwealth nations?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 4:09 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Actually now that i think about it, they both equally favor silencing the other side and having only their side's voices heard.

That is your opinion.
I don't share it. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 4:12 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Freedom of speech? Or freedom from consequences for saying the things you say?

Some fail to differentiate.

There are some self-evident limitations in regard to free speech.
Incitement to murder and giving away classified information in a time of war are two that spring to mind.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 4:15 am

auntblabby wrote:

Conservatives, in many places, tend to defend their traditional values.
Progressives tend to attack those values and want to install their own.
Hence the general conflict.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 4:18 am

auntblabby wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The left usually doesn't seem to want to compromise.
It is their way or the highway. ;)

Hardcore Political Opponents like the conflict.
It feeds some profound meaning in their lives.
This occurs on both sides of the political divide.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 5:10 am

And he's got company:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/twitter-reinstates-rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-s-personal-account-after-bringing-back-trump/ar-AA14nSq1?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 5:19 am

he's turning twitter into an open sewer.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 6:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
he's turning twitter into an open sewer.

Twitter was already an open sewer. ;)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 7:24 am

All extremists are intolerant of other viewpoints. Doesn’t matter if they’re lefties or righties.

Do you feel someone like Trump tolerates viewpoints other than his own? Then again…Trump only has viewpoints which are in accord with his desire to be the Head Honcho—actual ability and ideology be damned.

If being a commie would guarantee he runs the roost, he would be a commie—no question about that.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 12:42 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

But a true democracy needs both wings to fly. Without that... we're screwed either way. :|

While diversity of opinion is needed America would be much better off without the MAGA’s and the wokes.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman