Trump really ‘bout to come back to twitter

Page 4 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,675
Location: City of Roses

22 Nov 2022, 2:17 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the right wing pols/supporters just doesn't get why the rest of us don't just worship them like deities.


In all fairness, even if it's just the right wing that's broken, the American eagle can't fly with just a left wing alone and thus leaving it vulnerable to predators in the wild like that Russian bear and Chinese dragon. :skull:

the right wing is more than ready and willing to fly alone, everybody else be damned.



But a true democracy needs both wings to fly. Without that... we're screwed either way. :|

While diversity of opinion is needed America would be much better off without the MAGA’s and the wokes.


I definetly agree, but how can we rid ourselves of both of them at this point? It feels hopeless... :(



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,478

23 Nov 2022, 6:01 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I definetly agree, but how can we rid ourselves of both of them at this point? It feels hopeless... :(


What do the cards say?



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,675
Location: City of Roses

23 Nov 2022, 2:42 pm

cyberdad wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I definetly agree, but how can we rid ourselves of both of them at this point? It feels hopeless... :(


What do the cards say?



You won't like the answers...

Image

I used a different deck of playing cards.

The center focus card is the 5 of Spades which focuses on one side gloating at the defeat of the other side in the battle for the country.

To the 'left' (coincidence?) you have the 3 of Spades which indicates heartbreak and disappointment. Also the 6 of Spades which means travel to distant lands. Perhaps we're going to have American refugees fleeing the country?


To the 'right' (hint hint) you have the 2 of Clubs which presents a window opportunity of some sort, and the 9 of Hearts which is about a smug attitude and getting what one wants.

The top card, the alternative path, is the 3 of Diamonds. Maybe it means trying to build a healthier system for this country that works for everybody?

The bottom card, the "path best avoided", is the 10 of Spades. Complete collapse and ruin brought by war, violence, backstabbing, etc. This card shows that if Americans arent careful we'll end up collapsing like Ancient Rome did.



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,343
Location: In a cuboid sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

23 Nov 2022, 7:44 pm

Trump shouldn't be censored based on the fact that he is deplorable in the eyes of a lot of people. Freedom of speech is important.

The real question is whether he has a proven hand in causing the insurrection at Capitol Hill, or whether it was his supporters who motivated themselves regardless of his input to do the damage that they did.

Trump being a contributor to illegal actions, resulting in the death of some folk, is a bigger deal than his politics, in my opinion.



CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2016
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 931
Location: Iowa

23 Nov 2022, 11:38 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Trump shouldn't be censored based on the fact that he is deplorable in the eyes of a lot of people. Freedom of speech is important.

The real question is whether he has a proven hand in causing the insurrection at Capitol Hill, or whether it was his supporters who motivated themselves regardless of his input to do the damage that they did.

Trump being a contributor to illegal actions, resulting in the death of some folk, is a bigger deal than his politics, in my opinion.
Freedom of speech means you can say what you want and got be put in jail. It does not mean you’re entitled to twitter. Idk why people don’t understand this.

If anyone, whether it’d be a politician, a celebrity or a random person, got banned from Twitter, even if the reason was completely insane, their freedom of speech wasn’t taken away. Plenty of other places where they can state their views. Trump was able to create his own platform and say all the things he wants to say there.

He told people to “fight like hell” and that Mike Pence could’ve possibly overturned the election. In that situation, Trump should’ve known that at least some people were gonna be crazy enough to take that info and do crazy things in response, which is obviously what happened. Heck, that included people trying to KILL the VP.

To sum things up, Trump’s tweets were reckless, hence why Trump being banned from Twitter in the first place was justified.


_________________
Early 20s male with Asperger’s and what feels like a mood disorder


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,343
Location: In a cuboid sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

24 Nov 2022, 12:41 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Trump shouldn't be censored based on the fact that he is deplorable in the eyes of a lot of people. Freedom of speech is important.

The real question is whether he has a proven hand in causing the insurrection at Capitol Hill, or whether it was his supporters who motivated themselves regardless of his input to do the damage that they did.

Trump being a contributor to illegal actions, resulting in the death of some folk, is a bigger deal than his politics, in my opinion.
Freedom of speech means you can say what you want and got be put in jail. It does not mean you’re entitled to twitter. Idk why people don’t understand this.

If anyone, whether it’d be a politician, a celebrity or a random person, got banned from Twitter, even if the reason was completely insane, their freedom of speech wasn’t taken away. Plenty of other places where they can state their views. Trump was able to create his own platform and say all the things he wants to say there.

He told people to “fight like hell” and that Mike Pence could’ve possibly overturned the election. In that situation, Trump should’ve known that at least some people were gonna be crazy enough to take that info and do crazy things in response, which is obviously what happened. Heck, that included people trying to KILL the VP.

To sum things up, Trump’s tweets were reckless, hence why Trump being banned from Twitter in the first place was justified.


I don't disagree that a privately owned platform should be able to ban users. But on the flip side, someone favourable towards DT such as Elon Musk can easily unban him & then there's really no argument against unbanning, if banning is okay in the first place?

The same argument for people who don't like sharing a platform with him, such as on Twitter could be used - i.e, go elsewhere?



CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2016
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 931
Location: Iowa

24 Nov 2022, 12:49 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Trump shouldn't be censored based on the fact that he is deplorable in the eyes of a lot of people. Freedom of speech is important.

The real question is whether he has a proven hand in causing the insurrection at Capitol Hill, or whether it was his supporters who motivated themselves regardless of his input to do the damage that they did.

Trump being a contributor to illegal actions, resulting in the death of some folk, is a bigger deal than his politics, in my opinion.
Freedom of speech means you can say what you want and got be put in jail. It does not mean you’re entitled to twitter. Idk why people don’t understand this.

If anyone, whether it’d be a politician, a celebrity or a random person, got banned from Twitter, even if the reason was completely insane, their freedom of speech wasn’t taken away. Plenty of other places where they can state their views. Trump was able to create his own platform and say all the things he wants to say there.

He told people to “fight like hell” and that Mike Pence could’ve possibly overturned the election. In that situation, Trump should’ve known that at least some people were gonna be crazy enough to take that info and do crazy things in response, which is obviously what happened. Heck, that included people trying to KILL the VP.

To sum things up, Trump’s tweets were reckless, hence why Trump being banned from Twitter in the first place was justified.


I don't disagree that a privately owned platform should be able to ban users. But on the flip side, someone favourable towards DT such as Elon Musk can easily unban him & then there's really no argument against unbanning, if banning is okay in the first place?

The same argument for people who don't like sharing a platform with him, such as on Twitter could be used - i.e, go elsewhere?
I'm not really focused on Elon doing what he did, just that, like I said, I don't understand why people don't get the things I said above about what free speech is. Elon is just one of those said people.


_________________
Early 20s male with Asperger’s and what feels like a mood disorder


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 111,631
Location: the island of defective toy santas

24 Nov 2022, 1:11 am

he seems to be deliberately alienating key employees and employees in general with his crap, and it is just a matter of time before there is an outage, at which point users may well start heading for the exits and finding alternatives, local public agencies are already doing this here and there, as there are other social media tools they can choose from now, twitter's no longer the only game in town for tweet-like communications.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,759
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

24 Nov 2022, 1:19 am

If space Karen allows it than I suppose so.


_________________
We won't go back.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,858
Location: Australia

24 Nov 2022, 7:14 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:
He told people to “fight like hell” and that Mike Pence could’ve possibly overturned the election.


The Presidential result could not have been overturned by Pence.
It could have only delayed the ratification process.

CubsBullsBears wrote:
In that situation, Trump should’ve known that at least some people were gonna be crazy enough to take that info and do crazy things in response, which is obviously what happened. Heck, that included people trying to KILL the VP.


There was no attempt to kill the VP.

CubsBullsBears wrote:
To sum things up, Trump’s tweets were reckless, hence why Trump being banned from Twitter in the first place was justified.


Trump is a dick, but there are many dickheads in politics.
If fact, it is hard to find an ounce of integrity in the whole kit and caboodle.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 111,631
Location: the island of defective toy santas

25 Nov 2022, 12:24 am

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/w ... skett-says
YES, they were trying to get to pence.



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,675
Location: City of Roses

25 Nov 2022, 12:36 am

I'm so glad I never used twitter and that I gave up on Facebook...



CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2016
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 931
Location: Iowa

25 Nov 2022, 5:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-video-shows-capitol-mob-calling-for-the-death-of-the-vice-president-plaskett-says
YES, they were trying to get to pence.
I was gonna share that, but auntblabby beat me to it.


_________________
Early 20s male with Asperger’s and what feels like a mood disorder


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 111,631
Location: the island of defective toy santas

25 Nov 2022, 6:07 am

^^^sorry. i just could not less a blatantly [to anybody who pays attention] false fact go unchallenged.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,476
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

25 Nov 2022, 9:37 am

auntblabby wrote:
he seems to be deliberately alienating key employees and employees in general with his crap, and it is just a matter of time before there is an outage, at which point users may well start heading for the exits and finding alternatives, local public agencies are already doing this here and there, as there are other social media tools they can choose from now, twitter's no longer the only game in town for tweet-like communications.

I read a fb post that says he's doing it on purpose to bankrupt the company. That he bought it for the data to feed into AI to train AI because twitter has the best data for that. He doesn't need the company running, just it's historical data to teach AI how humans respond to things. Apparently in AI whoever has the best data wins and that's the goal, all of this meltdown stuff is just a charade to get rid of employees he doesn't need for his AI goals.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,476
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

25 Nov 2022, 10:26 am

Here's the post from this nerd:

Sloan Ahrens on FB wrote:
·
Elon bought Twitter for the data.
He is not there to make money with the company itself. He’s NOT failing. This is all intentional.
I keep saying this and it keeps surprising people so I’m gonna just go ahead and post about it again. (I copied some of this from a comment I made elsewhere.)
Twitter is/has perhaps the most valuable dataset on the planet, in terms of building AI that can predict human behavior.
Elon’s antics are a side-show distraction, and he never intended to keep the company functioning—but he also can’t make it TOO obvious that he intends to drive it to bankruptcy.
In AI, whoever has the biggest dataset wins—and Twitter is the largest extant dataset with which to train AI models on human behavior/sentiment.
Being a public corporation limited what could be done with the data—but Elon took it private.
He will easily make his investment back just from the existing data—even if Twitter dies tomorrow.
Furthermore, any sort of evidence-based inquiry (including science and (real) journalism) is a threat to billionaire (neofeudalist) rule. So it’s actually good for Elon if Twitter dies—now that he has the data.
Elon’s antics are a sideshow, don’t forget that, no matter how much fun it is to laugh at him. This was planned. When you say things like, “Elon has more money than sense,” you are helping provide him cover. This has all been deeply calculated.
Though I think there’s still a chance it won’t work out like he thinks. No idea what that means, though. Yet.
(BTW I’m a software/data/DevOps engineer with almost fifteen years of professional experience, and I’ve done some work with machine learning—I’m not just pulling this stuff out of thin air.)
——————
EDIT:
No, I don’t have definitive proof of this. I think obfuscating evidence is a big part of the point of what Elon is doing, generally. Go read through the technical subreddits for yourself.
Twitter may not be the largest existing dataset, but it’s definitely one of the largest, and I think it’s critically important for building certain kinds of AI, and yes I really do think it’s worth 44 billion dollars to Elon for that reason alone.
I know, I know, it’s really fun to laugh at Elon. I’m not trying to take that away from you, laugh away. I just want you to THINK a little while you’re doing it. If you can, you’ll be well ahead of most people you know, I expect.


Could be.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.