Trump really ‘bout to come back to twitter

Page 5 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,343
Location: In a cuboid sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

25 Nov 2022, 6:01 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
he seems to be deliberately alienating key employees and employees in general with his crap, and it is just a matter of time before there is an outage, at which point users may well start heading for the exits and finding alternatives, local public agencies are already doing this here and there, as there are other social media tools they can choose from now, twitter's no longer the only game in town for tweet-like communications.

I read a fb post that says he's doing it on purpose to bankrupt the company. That he bought it for the data to feed into AI to train AI because twitter has the best data for that. He doesn't need the company running, just it's historical data to teach AI how humans respond to things. Apparently in AI whoever has the best data wins and that's the goal, all of this meltdown stuff is just a charade to get rid of employees he doesn't need for his AI goals.


If this is true it seems fairly selfish to drive a social media platform into the ground for personal goals such as AI advancement.

Personally, I don't care about Twitter so it doesn't really matter to me. :D



Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Nov 2017
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,218
Location: US

25 Nov 2022, 6:22 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Freedom of Speech is overrated. I'm in favor of silencing Trump and his supporters.

As a very small minority who “think differently” Autistic people should be the last people in favor of censorship. It could be turned against us as in it is made illegal to advocate for the neurodiversity movement because it is propagandizing people into not getting cured or treatment for a terrible disease that makes people not human, or outlawing stimming because it makes people uncomfortable.


There is some hypocrisy in the autistic community too. It's amazing how much this narrative of "some speech is dangerous" controls people. Freedom of speech isn't overrated and it doesn't just have to do with Trump. Elon Musk isn't even a hardcore right-winger.



Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Nov 2017
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,218
Location: US

25 Nov 2022, 6:24 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Freedom of Speech is overrated. I'm in favor of silencing Trump and his supporters.

I thought you said in my other thread that you kind of sympathized with anarchism? A true anarchist or libertarian wouldn't be for the state silencing a group of people you dislike.



Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Nov 2017
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,218
Location: US

25 Nov 2022, 6:27 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
People confuse freedom of speech with consequence-free speech.

Yes they do.

People underestimate the consequences of censorship. They too often think it be those other bad dangerous people that will be censored. That is often not how this works. People never consider that one day they will be considered the bad dangerous people because it is obvious to them that they are the good people.


Yeah, that is exactly how it works. And even if one day, they are considered the "bad, dangerous people" and the censored ones are now the ones censoring them, they will feel like they are justified too.



Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Nov 2017
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,218
Location: US

25 Nov 2022, 6:29 pm

Kinds of speech will not ever completely go away. Instead de-platforming and banning it just pushes it underground.



DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,699
Location: City of Roses

25 Nov 2022, 7:10 pm

Let me rephrase it like this: I don't support con artists abusing free speech to spread BS propaganda to gullible morons and turning a political party into a dangerous cult.

There is that better?



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,343
Location: In a cuboid sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

25 Nov 2022, 7:20 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Let me rephrase it like this: I don't support con artists abusing free speech to spread BS propaganda to gullible morons and turning a political party into a dangerous cult.

There is that better?


Haha, I like this post.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,895
Location: Australia

25 Nov 2022, 7:58 pm

auntblabby wrote:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-video-shows-capitol-mob-calling-for-the-death-of-the-vice-president-plaskett-says
YES, they were trying to get to pence.


Getting to Pence is not the same as going to gaol for killing Pence.

Saying you want to do something and doing it are two separate things.
Self-evident.
There was no attempt to kill Pence.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,895
Location: Australia

25 Nov 2022, 8:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^sorry. i just could not less a blatantly [to anybody who pays attention] false fact go unchallenged.


The litmus test is: Is Pence dead?

If they wanted him dead, they had opportunities to make it so later on.

And consider:
Why end up in gaol for murdering Pence when there are so many other "more worthy" targets?

To suggest they seriously considered murdering Pence is total nonsense, and I stand by my statement. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,699
Location: City of Roses

25 Nov 2022, 8:33 pm

'Attempted' murder of Pence :D



Minder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 29 Feb 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 145

25 Nov 2022, 8:48 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Freedom of Speech is overrated. I'm in favor of silencing Trump and his supporters.

As a very small minority who “think differently” Autistic people should be the last people in favor of censorship. It could be turned against us as in it is made illegal to advocate for the neurodiversity movement because it is propagandizing people into not getting cured or treatment for a terrible disease that makes people not human, or outlawing stimming because it makes people uncomfortable.


There is some hypocrisy in the autistic community too. It's amazing how much this narrative of "some speech is dangerous" controls people. Freedom of speech isn't overrated and it doesn't just have to do with Trump. Elon Musk isn't even a hardcore right-winger.


What I don't understand is how you'd even have a functional online community without rules. Twitter's a private platform, so it has the right to censor people. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

Musk also has been banning people based on speech, like parody accounts not specifically listed as such. Nor will he allow Alex Jones back on the platform. So clearly, he's also drawing the line at some places. I don't much like Musk or Twitter, but he absolutely has the right to do this because Twitter is a privately held platform.

The First Amendment only protects you from the government. Not from private websites. It baffles me that so few people seem to acknowledge this.



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,343
Location: In a cuboid sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

25 Nov 2022, 9:10 pm

Minder wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Freedom of Speech is overrated. I'm in favor of silencing Trump and his supporters.

As a very small minority who “think differently” Autistic people should be the last people in favor of censorship. It could be turned against us as in it is made illegal to advocate for the neurodiversity movement because it is propagandizing people into not getting cured or treatment for a terrible disease that makes people not human, or outlawing stimming because it makes people uncomfortable.


There is some hypocrisy in the autistic community too. It's amazing how much this narrative of "some speech is dangerous" controls people. Freedom of speech isn't overrated and it doesn't just have to do with Trump. Elon Musk isn't even a hardcore right-winger.


What I don't understand is how you'd even have a functional online community without rules. Twitter's a private platform, so it has the right to censor people. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

Musk also has been banning people based on speech, like parody accounts not specifically listed as such. Nor will he allow Alex Jones back on the platform. So clearly, he's also drawing the line at some places. I don't much like Musk or Twitter, but he absolutely has the right to do this because Twitter is a privately held platform.

The First Amendment only protects you from the government. Not from private websites. It baffles me that so few people seem to acknowledge this.


Jones won't be on any platform I don't think, looking at the billion dollars he is being sued for. How can anyone survive that? :skull:



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 68
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,728
Location: temperate zone

25 Nov 2022, 9:14 pm

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^sorry. i just could not less a blatantly [to anybody who pays attention] false fact go unchallenged.


The litmus test is: Is Pence dead?

If they wanted him dead, they had opportunities to make it so later on.

When? After the lynch mob had dispersed and he was back to being surrounded by secret service, and when lynching would no longer change the election anyway? When were these 'later opportunities'?

And consider:
Why end up in gaol for murdering Pence when there are so many other "more worthy" targets?

He wasnt their only targets. But he was the only one able to reverse the election results. So what more 'worthy targets' were there than that particular target at that particular time and place? Other than Pence at the ratification ceremony?

To suggest they seriously considered murdering Pence is total nonsense, and I stand by my statement. 8)


So ...chanting 'hang pence' was just a joke? If you hold up a liquor store armed with a fake gun carved out of a bar of soap you are still charged with 'armed robbery'. The fact that the fake gun was harmless, and that you claim that you were just joking, doesnt save you from being charged with armed robbery. In fact if the store clerk pulls a real gun on you in self defense, fires at you, misses, and accidently kills an innocent bystander behind you on the street then...YOU get charged with that person's murder (not the store clerk). If the mob looks like they are out to lynch the VP then security has to respond. That cant just use psychic powers - decide that this mob is just joking and just let them overun the Capitol.

And lets say youre right-- that we can use psychic powers and read the mind of every single member of that mob- and decide that everyone of them was 'just joking'- then that means that they were all a bunch of idiots needlessly setting themselves up for charges of sedition and attempted murder.

Traitors or idiots. The only two options. Since you are arguing that they were all not traitors/murders, but just idiots then explain to us all how idiocy is more respectable than treason and murder.



Last edited by naturalplastic on 25 Nov 2022, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,507

26 Nov 2022, 2:25 am

And it wasn't just Pence.

Other republicans names were being chanted in the crowds baying for them to be lynched

But the most popular names being shouted by both men and women in the mob was AOC and Pelosi
Theres a number of recordings on youtube of people screaming lynch Pelosi and AOC

All of those pathetic MAGAs subsequently identified who were whimpering in front of the cameras were lying through their teeth to avoid prosecution were happily marching with people who were clearly far right militia and flying confederate flags and marching side by side with people carrying improvised weapons and nooses.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 111,674
Location: the island of defective toy santas

26 Nov 2022, 7:55 am

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
he seems to be deliberately alienating key employees and employees in general with his crap, and it is just a matter of time before there is an outage, at which point users may well start heading for the exits and finding alternatives, local public agencies are already doing this here and there, as there are other social media tools they can choose from now, twitter's no longer the only game in town for tweet-like communications.

I read a fb post that says he's doing it on purpose to bankrupt the company. That he bought it for the data to feed into AI to train AI because twitter has the best data for that. He doesn't need the company running, just it's historical data to teach AI how humans respond to things. Apparently in AI whoever has the best data wins and that's the goal, all of this meltdown stuff is just a charade to get rid of employees he doesn't need for his AI goals.

there are people i wish had never been born, he is one of them.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,895
Location: Australia

26 Nov 2022, 8:35 am

Minder wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Freedom of Speech is overrated. I'm in favor of silencing Trump and his supporters.

As a very small minority who “think differently” Autistic people should be the last people in favor of censorship. It could be turned against us as in it is made illegal to advocate for the neurodiversity movement because it is propagandizing people into not getting cured or treatment for a terrible disease that makes people not human, or outlawing stimming because it makes people uncomfortable.


There is some hypocrisy in the autistic community too. It's amazing how much this narrative of "some speech is dangerous" controls people. Freedom of speech isn't overrated and it doesn't just have to do with Trump. Elon Musk isn't even a hardcore right-winger.


What I don't understand is how you'd even have a functional online community without rules. Twitter's a private platform, so it has the right to censor people. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

Musk also has been banning people based on speech, like parody accounts not specifically listed as such. Nor will he allow Alex Jones back on the platform. So clearly, he's also drawing the line at some places. I don't much like Musk or Twitter, but he absolutely has the right to do this because Twitter is a privately held platform.

The First Amendment only protects you from the government. Not from private websites. It baffles me that so few people seem to acknowledge this.


Section 230.

Quote:
Section 230 is a section of Title 47 of the United States Code that was enacted as part of the United States Communications Decency Act and generally provides immunity for website platforms with respect to third-party content. At its core, Section 230(c)(1) provides immunity from liability for providers and users of an "interactive computer service" who publish information provided by third-party users:

No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230

My understanding is that a private website can either be a Publisher or a Platform.
Section 230 protects a platform but not a publisher.
Please correct me if I am wrong.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.