Trump really ‘bout to come back to twitter

Page 1 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 11:07 pm

All because of the mindset that he should face no consequences for inciting an insurrection. But no, freedom of speech was more important. Right wingers are in favor of law and order unless it pertains to the Donald.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 3:41 am

Freedom of speech is law and order in America, there's no conflict there.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 7:08 am

Freedom of Speech is overrated. I'm in favor of silencing Trump and his supporters.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 8:34 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Freedom of Speech is overrated. I'm in favor of silencing Trump and his supporters.

As a very small minority who “think differently” Autistic people should be the last people in favor of censorship. It could be turned against us as in it is made illegal to advocate for the neurodiversity movement because it is propagandizing people into not getting cured or treatment for a terrible disease that makes people not human, or outlawing stimming because it makes people uncomfortable.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 8:51 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

As a very small minority who “think differently” Autistic people should be the last people in favor of censorship. It could be turned against us as in it is made illegal to advocate for the neurodiversity movement because it is propagandizing people into not getting cured or treatment for a terrible disease that makes people not human, or outlawing stimming because it makes people uncomfortable.

Well I'm not in favor of allowing Trumpian fascism to take over our country because certain people have the 'freedom' to spread dangerous lies and conspiracy theories. Besides these people are going to take away our rights to freely express ourselves sooner or later and you all know it.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 8:57 am

People confuse freedom of speech with consequence-free speech.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 9:07 am

DuckHairback wrote:

Yes they do.

People underestimate the consequences of censorship. They too often think it be those other bad dangerous people that will be censored. That is often not how this works. People never consider that one day they will be considered the bad dangerous people because it is obvious to them that they are the good people.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 9:18 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Well I'm not in favor of allowing Trumpian fascism to take over our country because certain people have the 'freedom' to spread dangerous lies and conspiracy theories. Besides these people are going to take away our rights to freely express ourselves sooner or later and you all know it.

Exactly. At that point it will be too late to realize that you made censorship more acceptable, and possibly taught them effective ways of doing that.

University of Milwaukee
Quote:
Hate speech may be offensive and hurtful; however, it is generally protected by the First Amendment. One common definition of hate speech is “any form of expression through which speakers intend to vilify, humiliate or incite hatred against a group or a class of persons on the basis of race, religion, skin color, sexual identity, gender identity, ethnicity, disability or national origin.”

Courts have ruled that restrictions on hate speech would conflict with the First Amendment’s protection of the freedom of expression.

With these considerations in mind, courts in the United States have found that expression generally cannot be punished based on its content or viewpoint. Thus, although hate speech, alone, receives constitutional protection, any expression that constitutes a true threat, incitement to imminent lawless action, discriminatory harassment or defamation can be punished by UWM for those reasons.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:09 am

Freedom of expression for some and not for others …? .?? Wait isn’t that the American way .
Speaking from personal experience, Even removed from a city counsel meeting with out even being allowed to say anything .Inspite of being on a list to speak , but others were allowed to speak twice . Am not a outspoken person ,
Just showed up to address bad situations in my neighbourhood . 8O
Glad Elon Musk got control of Twitter , We will see what he does with that kind of media power. :ninja:

where ever you go ,there you are

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:28 am

Jakki wrote:
Glad Elon Musk got control of Twitter , We will see what he does with that kind of media power. :ninja:

He'll turn it into a pro-Trumputhorian dumpster fire where freedom of speech exists only for the right wing nutjobs.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 10:38 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Jakki wrote:

He'll turn it into a pro-Trumputhorian dumpster fire where freedom of speech exists only for the right wing nutjobs.

And the nightmare continues :skull: …… am hoping Elon shows some tendency towards being socially conscious? 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 11:51 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Boom! This right here!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 11:53 am

To them, getting kicked off a platform for saying that "Covid vaccines are a plot by George Soros (who is trans and goes by Georgina, but righties love deadnaming) and all world leaders except Trump, Putin, Orban, and Bolsonaro to physically weaken us so we can't put up a fight when they come to take our guns, and make us sexually attracted to children" is proof of white/straight/Christian/male persecution.

In countries like Sweden and Germany, these people would be in jail, not merely kicked off Twitter.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 6:07 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:

"Nooo, this isn't right, the leopard isn't supposed to eat my face!"

- You, if you got your way.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 9:30 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

"Nooo, this isn't right, the leopard isn't supposed to eat my face!"

- You, if you got your way.

If I truly got MY way Donald Trump would be hung for treason and all those responsible for betraying this country in support of him would be dealt with harshly. You best be grateful that I'm not the one in charge.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2022, 9:54 pm

Hate speech may be offensive and hurtful; however, it is generally protected by the First Amendment. One common definition of hate speech is “any form of expression through which speakers intend to vilify, humiliate or incite hatred against a group or a class of persons on the basis of race, religion, skin color, sexual identity, gender identity, ethnicity, disability or national origin.”

In civilised countries like Australia, we have laws to protect the vulnerable from vilification
In Victoria, it is against the law to vilify a person or group of people in public because of their race or religion. Vilification is behaviour that 'incites or encourages hatred, serious contempt, revulsion or severe ridicule' for a person or group of people because of their race and/or religion.