The HORRIFIC Torture Of The Women Of The Battle Of Berlin

Page 15 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 8:49 pm

In answer to who doesn't think Hitler was a monster: Kanye West?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:08 pm

cyberdad wrote:
magz wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Then make this a thread about the victims of all war crimes. Instead the thread hyperfocuses on German victims in WWII and their first post was this is a "tradition" by Russian soldiers as if they were the only ones that were raped in WWII.

Perhaps the thread should be renamed and the emphasis changed as it seems currently anti-Russian to me and others here taking the opportunity for this to be an excuse to be anti-communist

Why does it hurt you to make a thread about this particular attrocity?
Why can't you stand an idea that Russians commited horrible attrocities in the past, enforced silence about it, never even attempted to punish their evildoers, and now they're doing something similar again?
Why do you believe being anti-communist needs any "excuse"?

Because the purpose of the thread is to draw a direct line between one incident in WWII and the actions of some Russian troops in Ukraine.

And how long did this "one incident" last?

Are you aware that it has been estimated that 100,000 abortions and 250,000 deaths of German women resulted in the Soviet rape-fest?

I think this tragic history is something worthy of note.
Most ppl seem to be unaware of what happened.
I would have thought shining light on the facts of history a positive thing.
After all, that has happened with the Holocaust, and no decent person would begrudge the Jews for keeping that history alive.
Why is it wrong to educate people about the atrocities of the allied side during WWII?
I find your position on this quite odd.

cyberdad wrote:
I think a number of us have provided evidence this link is neither scholarly or rationale,

"Let us agree to disagree" here.
I am more than comfortable with what I have presented.

cyberdad wrote:
As I mentioned if the thread is purely about aforementioned Russian atrocities as a WWII thread then at least it makes more sense. Trying to draw connections with Ukraine and Putin is designed to cast Russia as some type of villain who (if you believe some here) are driven by communism.

I think you are confusing this thread with another of mine.
In this thread, I am pointing out that the Russian attitude of the hierarchy, towards rape in times of war, seems to be similar to what happened during the Soviet era of WWII.

I doubt any western power would turn a blind eye towards this type of behaviour in its own military in modern times.

I beg your pardon?
"Russia" IS the villain of the piece.
There is no doubt about that in my mind.
It is run by a mafia-style tyrant who thinks nothing of murdering his own ppl in false flag operations to fulfil his power lust of creating his legacy of "Making Russia great again".

So let us clarify the situation.
Are you saying you are on the side of pootin?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:13 pm

magz wrote:
You clearly don't understand how trauma works.

We're not discussing something abstract, we're discussing actual experiences of actual people close to WP members. So don't invalidate it for not being scholarly enough.

Why do you find it wrong that people harmed by communism hate communism and people harmed by Russia (and never ever getting even a hint of an apology or acknowledging of any wrongdoing) hate Russia?

I am on top of the emotional trauma I have experienced as a result of what my parents went through during WWII.
I just needed some time to process it comprehensively.
This thread has helped enormously, and a large part of that is due to your empathetic support <hug>.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:15 pm

magz wrote:
I'm just trying to explain to you why talking about past Soviet attrocities is meaningful in the context of today. How unhealed old traumas come back with enormous force again.
Both past Soviet attrocities and current Russian attrocities belong to Politics.

Hooah! 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:16 pm

Jakki wrote:
magz wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
Because it's about perspective. It`s impossible to talk about anything without seeing the time & space something occurred in.

Like you can't talk about the bombing of Dresden without talking about the bombing of London

What's the point in talking about Russian soldiers' behaviour in WW2 without talking about the Germans killing 20 million Russian civilians & burning Russian villages before they were stopped & forced back to Berlin? or US behaviour like the rapes in France & Japan or the collecting of boiled skulls of Japanese soldiers?

Without that perspective it`s impossible to understand what people did in that particular time in history and more importantly the norms of soldier behaviour at that time.
Exceuse me but it's entirely wrong to keep talking about "perspective" to a rape victim.[b]

The point of talking of it is that there are survivors and their children who need it acknowledged and understood.
Some attrocities have been widely acknowledged, and it's good. Others have been silenced for decades and even today it's hard to talk about them.
As someone impacted by inter-generational trauma, I know first-hand that healing is impossible without acknowledging and understanding what happened - even for grandchildren of the original victim.

[/b]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is a poignantly intended part of this thread and gives a better overall idea what this thread is about. I believe .
Note necessarily about a Singular group of soldiers . Nor about Ukraine, according to the title .
But different circumstances can bring back “certain triggers “ from past times . Perhaps trying to at least keep some perspective of what the OP intended .

To those whom have NOT experienced trauma to this degree , as written about above , I hope you never have to.

Well said. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:25 pm

carlos55 wrote:
Maybe all sides did horrible things, but the bottom line is if it wasn't for the red army, it's unlikely Hitler would have been defeated.

Most of Hitlers casualties came from the Eastern front, it was not until German forces were sufficiently defeated by june 1944 by Russia, that the Normandy invasion could have been possible.

Just like if it wasn't for US involvement in Japan then much of SE Asia would have been in Japanese control including Australia.

This is not relevant to this thread, sorry. ;)

carlos55 wrote:
So yes, the rapes by all sides by a few soldiers was terrible and a crime, but the alternative of no Red Army would have been Hitler winning the war, the holocaust continuing, Britain being unable to fight Germany on its own & eventually giving up & us here in Britain, Poland & whole of Europe living under the Nazi`s.

It was not "a few soldiers" who were responsible for 100,000 abortions and 250,000 german women's deaths.
I think you need to research more.

carlos55 wrote:
Not saying it was great living under soviet rule between 1945-1989 it was probably terrible,

"Interesting" choice of words.

carlos55 wrote:
and many crimes were committed, but thats what i meant by perspective, which is why you rarely hear about red army rapes or boiled Japenese skulls because most people realise bad things happen sometimes to prevent a greater evil.

One of the biggest tragedies of modern history was the Holocaust.
How is the Soviet Rape-Fest not worthy of mention?
I find some points of view "curious".

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Plz don't misrepresent what I said. 8O

I said: What DECENT person doesn't think Hitler was a monster? ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:32 pm

magz wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
So seeing the imminent danger he went to Hitler to make a pact which involved the joint invasion of Poland.
What kind of "imminent danger"? Has Russia again been claiming that they were "only defending themselves" by invading and massacring their neighbours?
And do you know what Britain did at this point?
Phoney war.

After the war, Russia took control of as much as they could, in the form of either enlarging Soviet republics or allowing puppet states to exist. And the West did nothing to prevent it, they happily sent to them all POWs (even those who did not want it, even those who attempted to kill themselves to avoid it!) who were transported straight to Gulag. Polish veterans were not allowed even to be visible in British victory celebrations, not to annoy Russia. British officials repeated the lies that Katyń murders were done by Germans. What happened in the Eastern Bloc had to stay in the Eastern Bloc...
The Western Powers apparently agreed that Stalin's paranoid claims justified letting tens of millions of people suffer for another several decades... or that simply their own, Western security was worth it.

Some ppl don't understand the obscenity of politics.
And some do. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:35 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Let's not forget that the only reason the Red Army was able to resist and then push back the Germans was massive US aid in materiel and equipment, that a naive and compromised FDR administration propped up Stalin and essentially subsidized not only the Red Army but also Mao by proxy, thus tipping the Chinese civil war to the communists.

Well, Hitler had to be defeated, but Ameriaa has been a very naughty "boy politically for a very long time as a result of WWII.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 9:43 pm

carlos55 wrote:
magz wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
So seeing the imminent danger he went to Hitler to make a pact which involved the joint invasion of Poland.
What kind of "imminent danger"? Has Russia again been claiming that they were "only defending themselves" by invading and massacring their neighbours?
And do you know what Britain did at this point?
Phoney war.

After the war, Russia took control of as much as they could, in the form of either enlarging Soviet republics or allowing puppet states to exist. And the West did nothing to prevent it, they happily sent to them all POWs (even those who did not want it, even those who attempted to kill themselves to avoid it!) who were transported straight to Gulag. Polish veterans were not allowed even to be visible in British victory celebrations, not to annoy Russia. British officials repeated the lies that Katyń murders were done by Germans. What happened in the Eastern Bloc had to stay in the Eastern Bloc...
The Western Powers apparently agreed that Stalin's paranoid claims justified letting tens of millions of people suffer for another several decades... or that simply their own, Western security was worth it.

A simple google search will tell you how many times Russia had been invaded from the west so hardly a paranoid invention bearing in mind it’s 1945 and you’ve just lost 20 million from an invasion that happened yesterday

Some estimates are that Stalin killed as many as 20 million ppl.
Quote:
Major Soviet Paper Says 20 Million Died As Victims of Stalin

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/02/04/worl ... talin.html

carlos55 wrote:

Not easy being the sacrificial lamb but in the law of the jungle when no one is going to help you it makes perfect sense to make a pact with what would be your enemy to buy time to strengthen your self before the big fight which actually took place.

So Stalins Paranoia was justified by operation Barbarossa

There have been claims that Hitler was simply acting pro-actively.
That he suspected Stalin had plans to invade Germany.
But who knows?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 4:29 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Plz don't misrepresent what I said. 8O

I said: What DECENT person doesn't think Hitler was a monster? ;)

I was only trying to bring a little levity to the otherwise grim subject.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Dec 2022, 4:34 am

carlos55 wrote:
A simple google search will tell you how many times Russia had been invaded from the west so hardly a paranoid invention bearing in mind it’s 1945 and you’ve just lost 20 million from an invasion that happened yesterday
Now google how many times Poland has been invaded from West, East, North and South.
This "you don't know because you don't know what fear of invasion is" exceuse may work on Brits but it's null from Polish point of view.

carlos55 wrote:
Not easy being the sacrificial lamb but in the law of the jungle when no one is going to help you it makes perfect sense to make a pact with what would be your enemy to buy time to strengthen your self before the big fight which actually took place.
When you fear an invasion, you build defense lines and seek for allies. When you fear an invasion and there is a middle country between you and the potential invader, you strenghten the middle country - not agree with the invader on partitioning it! Strenghtening the middle country is what Poland is doing about Ukraine right now, that's what Germans did in 1917, when they gave land and weapons to Poles so the 1920 war was fought by Poles not Germans... you get the idea?
Agreeing with your potential invader on partitioning the middle country is strenghtening the invader and making the invasion on you more likely! You give them power, you get weaker positions compared to what you could make on your own territorry and you waste the potential of the middle country for defending you while defending themselves.

carlos55 wrote:
So Stalins Paranoia was justified by operation Barbarossa
Operation Barbarossa was a mistake of Hitler but without the preceding Ribbentrop-Molotov pact, with Poland still existing between the two and maybe even supplied by some allies (bitter laugh noises), it would have been harder, not easier for Germans to invade Soviet Union.

So no, don't buy this stupid exceuse of fear of invasion. We have a lot of experience with fear of invasion and with actually being invaded. None of it justifies "pre-emptive" invading, even from the practical point of view.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 8:57 am

Was about time some got the thread back onto the subject title of this thread. Thank you …
Aspies sometimes see things as black or white , either on topic or off topic , And Was understanding the title
To be quite specific.

where ever you go ,there you are

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 3:57 pm

Jakki wrote:
Was about time some got the thread back onto the subject title of this thread. Thank you …
Aspies sometimes see things as black or white , either on topic or off topic , And Was understanding the title
To be quite specific.

hmmm I would argue 99% of the posts have actually not touched on the torture of women in the battle of Berlin. And it wasn't just German women. A substantial number of female POWs including Russian and Polish women were also raped.

I guess magz might be correct, if the troops included large numbers of central Asians then to them all caucasian looking women were targets.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 7:14 am

magz wrote:
When you fear an invasion, you build defense lines and seek for allies. When you fear an invasion and there is a middle country between you and the potential invader, you strenghten the middle country - not agree with the invader on partitioning it! Strenghtening the middle country is what Poland is doing about Ukraine right now, that's what Germans did in 1917, when they gave land and weapons to Poles so the 1920 war was fought by Poles not Germans... you get the idea?
Agreeing with your potential invader on partitioning the middle country is strenghtening the invader and making the invasion on you more likely! You give them power, you get weaker positions compared to what you could make on your own territorry and you waste the potential of the middle country for defending you while defending themselves.

Poland and Russia were at war just two decades prior which Russia lost so logically strengthening Poland would have been the last thing Stalin would have done.

Logically taking Poland while they are weak from a German invasion while buying time to strengthen your own army looks the better option.

Not saying it was good or anything I’m not Slav anyway so have no dog in the fight.

Just logically I can understand those were the reasons which is probably why it was taken up as official historic viewpoint to be taught in schools.

- George Bernie Shaw

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Dec 2022, 11:50 am

carlos55 wrote:
Poland and Russia were at war just two decades prior
...started by a Russian invasion.

I'm just pointing out how this "fear of invasion" exceuse is completely void - yet you're not the first Brit on WP to mention it. It's all BS, Russians were invaders, both in 1920 and in 1939 (Poland and Finland), and in 2022, and no possible fear of being invaded justifies it beyond sheer propaganda.

carlos55 wrote:
Not saying it was good or anything I’m not Slav anyway so have no dog in the fight.
Bitterly said: Neither was Churchill when he pacted with Stalin.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>