Tone of law talking guys & former prosecutors has changed

Page 4 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 8:51 am

Mikah wrote:
It doesn't make you any less wrong though does it? They were right about Hunter's seedy laptop.

Sharing the contents of someone's personal laptop is certainly wrong. You probably wouldn't like the contents of your computer shared with the world, either.

What was "seedy" about it? Were there any dick picks?

Mikah wrote:
You can find the original "admissions" which they refer to if you prefer. I already linked the NY Times story.

Here's a WaPo article https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... -examined/

And a CBS news report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-6Wp6oH1Y

I don't have access to NYT nor WaPo.

So, what nefarious acts did the contents reveal? So far, all we hear is "Hunter's laptop is REAL! It is very SEEDY!"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 9:48 am

Dengashinobi wrote:
Biden should have been impeached by now but you don't give a damn.

For? :lol:

Dark Brandon is bad mmkay isn't a case for impeachment.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 11:58 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:

Why? Keeping of classified documents and Hunter Biden's Laptop evidence are not Just "mmkay Brandon is bad".

Last edited by Dengashinobi on 19 Mar 2023, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 12:11 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:

Why?

You would need allegations of an actual crime--whether high or misdemeanor--to proceed with impeachment. This isn't Russia.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 12:16 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:

Why? Keeping of classified documents and Hunter Biden's Laptop evidence are not Just "mmkay Brandon is bad".

It's almost like neither of those cases involve criminal wrongdoing. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 12:16 pm

Honey69 wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:

Why?

You would need allegations of an actual crime--whether high or misdemeanor--to proceed with impeachment. This isn't Russia.

There you have it, Hunter Biden's Laptop evidence and the classified documents held by Joe Biden.

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 12:24 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:

Ok, keeping classified documents and evidence of collision with foreign countries is not criminal wrongdoing, I didn't know that.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 12:30 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:

Ok, keeping classified documents and evidence of collision with foreign countries is not criminal wrongdoing, I didn't know that.

If the evidence was sufficient to launch criminal proceedings, they would.

You insisting a crime occurred doesn't make it so.
Between you and the investigators who actually have examined the evidence, it seems fair to trust the investigators more than some rando on the internet.

If more evidence emerges Hunter and/or Joe might find themselves in a different legal situation, but so far that hasn't occurred.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 1:25 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:

"Collision?" What country are you from?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

19 Mar 2023, 1:28 pm

Evidence-wise that laptop is a farce from top to bottom.

:scratch: It seems Dengashinobi has missed almost all the points outlined here:
Hunter Biden laptop controversy

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 1:35 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
Why is Trump"s clasdified documents case different and what are the other reasons that will land him in jail?

Off the top of my head: the indictment he's facing in Manhattan the the Stormy Daniels case, election tampering in Georgia, his role in the J6 riots and the criminal investigation into the Trump Organization.

I don't actually anticipate him spending time in prison, but that's because of an actual double-standard, not an imagined one.

As for differences in the documents case:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64230040

Ok, so Trump had a larger number of classified documents than Biden. I don't see the big difference that you are talking about. Also Biden seems to have suppressed the information about the documents being found just during the mid-terms, which demonstrates what a con artist carear politician he Is, that you love.

Once again you are the authority that decides what is an actual double standard and what an imagined one.

There's more than just the number of documents, there's also how they responded to requests to return documents.

You claiming there's a double-standard doesn't make it so. If there's a double-standard, demonstrate it. You've failed to make a compelling case so you'll have to forgive me for rejecting your framing as lacking credibility.

What is credible to you is not important to me.You are the one trying to frame the two cases as different to the point that one is worthy of penalties and the other is not. There was a greater number of classified documents in Trumps case and the Biden lawyers delivered the documents themselves while in the case of Trump the government ordered a raid, which they could have done in the case of Bidern too if they were as eager as in the case of Trump. Also in the case of Trump the top secrets seem to have been related to cases like North Korea where there is little incentive for collision. Biden's top secret docs on the other hand where related to Ukraine which correlates with allegations of collision with Ukraine made by Russia and supported by evidence found in Hunter Biden's Laptop. Biden should have been impeached by now but you don't give a damn. There is your double standard dishonesty.

Wut?

Biden's ppl found docs and voluntarily self reported, returned them, and invited an investigation.

trumplestiltskin trolled the gov't for a year and a half, refusing to return documents they knew he had stolen, and eventually they executed a search warrant.. after which trumpty dumpty and his lawyers lied, repeatedly, that all of the documents had been found/returned.

BIG DIFFERENCE. Executing a search warrant after trump refused to return documents he was asked for over 18 months isn't a "raid." :roll: The man stole, lied, concealed, obstructed justice etc etc etc while Biden admitted to having some docs and turned them in and cooperated with investigators. That's why trumplestiltskin is in deep s**t and Biden isn't.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 2:19 pm

A lot of people making the assumption that there is nothing criminal with Joe Biden because nothing has been publicized.

The idea is that there is either nothing to see there or that if Biden did something Trump is so much worse.

I myself assume what Trump did was a lot worse and if Joe did things he is not going to be held accountable for them.

I think the argument that Biden turned his classified document in and that proves he is less bad is a lazy argument. Biden’s documents were turned in after Trump’s documents came to light. He knew he could not get away with acting like Trump. I doubt that we or authorities would ever know about them without Trump acting the way he does. Maybe Biden forgot about them and in a panic ordered a search and found them. Maybe they always knew the documents were there and made up a story that most Trump haters are falling for hook, line and sinker.

Just because Trump is so much worse does not mean that if Biden did stuff his possible crimes should be minimized.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 6:07 pm

Honey69 wrote:
What was "seedy" about it? Were there any dick picks?

Yes and that is just the tip of the iceberg. There was so much filth that the discussion around the really politically important story of Hunter's (and Joe's implied) dodgy dealings was buried in an avalanche of pictures and videos of naked Hunter Biden doing meth and/or various expensive prostitutes. There were also hints and possible photographic evidence of a sexually inappropriate relationship with his underage niece (to use Hallie Biden's words, who banned him from contacting her in that same message as I recall). If the political, media and intelligence establishments hadn't colluded to see the laptop story censored and discredited, it would have ended the Biden campaign before it even began.

Honey69 wrote:
So, what nefarious acts did the contents reveal?

Evidence (which is not proof) of the Biden family profiting from quasi-legal corruption with foreign powers, Ukraine and China in particular.

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 6:17 pm

Listen everyone, first of all my atempt here is not to proove that Trump is innocent. I never was a Trump supporter and I believe he damaged the conservative cause more than anything else. What I want to stress here is that you (Trump hater liberals) are one sided when it comes to the issue we are discussing. Your sole argument so far is trust the authorities because they know better than us. I trust nobody, especially those in power. Trump may be an as*hole but he is also somebody that comes from outside of politics. He is not shielded by the inner workings of those who run the system, career politicians like Hillary and Joe Biden. They owe favors to each other and they protect each other, and in the mean time they engage in corruption. But you are defending Biden for what? All I hope is that at least if they come with penalties for Trump, this is going to kickstart a trend for other politicians too. But don't be dishonest and aim for Trump only. This is what I have to say on the topic.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 6:54 pm

It looks like at least the Republicans in Congress may be giving up on Hunter's laptop.

https://newrepublic.com/post/170510/gop ... ing-speech

Quote:
GOP’s Hunter Biden Laptop Obsession Accidentally Reveals How Twitter Helped Right-Wing Speech Flourish
The “Twitter Files” didn’t pan out exactly how Republicans expected.

Republicans’ fateful “Twitter Files” hearing on Wednesday was supposed to reveal how the social media company and the left colluded to suppress a New York Post story about Hunter Biden’s laptop. Instead, witness testimony revealed more ways the social media company accommodated right-wing speech and was even supplicated directly by Republican elected officials—including the White House...

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 6:59 pm

Mikah wrote:
There was so much filth that the discussion around the really politically important story of Hunter's (and Joe's implied) dodgy dealings was buried in an avalanche of pictures and videos of naked Hunter Biden doing meth and/or various expensive prostitutes. There were also hints and possible photographic evidence of a sexually inappropriate relationship with his underage niece (to use Hallie Biden's words, who banned him from contacting her in that same message as I recall).

Where are you getting this from? Did you have personal access to the laptop? And, you're not American. What do you care?

Quote:
Evidence (which is not proof) of the Biden family profiting from quasi-legal corruption with foreign powers, Ukraine and China in particular.

Worse than Jared Kushner and the Saudis?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05 ... udi-arabia