Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 2:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
Ah ok so Trump being charged for having done the exact same thing that Biden and Hillary did is different because the other two were covered up. That's exactly what I'm saying. Same deeds, different outcomes. That's unjust and dishonest.

Except that's not what's occurred, for starters.

But beyond that, sufficient evidence has to exist in order to begin criminal proceedings. Insisting that a lack of evidence is due to a cover-up doesn't make it so. Prosecutors can't act if they don't have sufficient evidence.

It's dishonest to insist unequal deeds are the exact same thing.

It's unjust to insist someone be punished simply because you don't like them, regardless of if adequate evidence to initial criminal proceedings exists.

Trump has to take responsibility for his actions just like anyone else. No amount of deflection is going to alter that.

If sufficient evidence to pursue Clinton or Biden exists, they too should be held responsible - but only if; not just because conservatives demand it.

Dude, they have literally found a freaking box with classified documents in Biden's case and a freaking server in Hillary's case. Nothing got done about that. Your argument would be valid if we assume that the prosecutors are perfectly impartial.

I seem to recall Hillary's server receiving extensive attention and the investigation was wrapped up. Should double-jeopardy not apply because you don't like the result?

Joe and a bunch of others were found to have classified documents, it appears to be a pretty widespread problem considering where they've found papers from some previous administrations. That said, Donald Trump's case differs in many serious details that are relevant for understanding why his case has received for scrutiny.

But beyond that, that's only one of many of Trump's legal quandaries. There's plenty of other reasons why he might end up going to prison. If he's convicted of some other issue and the classified documents case ends up not being prosecuted, wouldn't that negate your entire argument about hypocrisy?

Trump has engaged in far more, and far more blatant criminal activity. Your entire complaint only sounds reasonable when this basic fact is ignored.

Why is Trump"s clasdified documents case different and what are the other reasons that will land him in jail?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 2:28 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:
Why is Trump"s clasdified documents case different and what are the other reasons that will land him in jail?

Off the top of my head: the indictment he's facing in Manhattan the the Stormy Daniels case, election tampering in Georgia, his role in the J6 riots and the criminal investigation into the Trump Organization.

I don't actually anticipate him spending time in prison, but that's because of an actual double-standard, not an imagined one.

As for differences in the documents case:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64230040

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 2:49 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:

Off the top of my head: the indictment he's facing in Manhattan the the Stormy Daniels case, election tampering in Georgia, his role in the J6 riots and the criminal investigation into the Trump Organization.

I don't actually anticipate him spending time in prison, but that's because of an actual double-standard, not an imagined one.

Ok, so Trump had a larger number of classified documents than Biden. I don't see the big difference that you are talking about. Also Biden seems to have suppressed the information about the documents being found just during the mid-terms, which demonstrates what a con artist carear politician he Is, that you love.

Once again you are the authority that decides what is an actual double standard and what an imagined one.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 3:38 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:

About the laptop of the degenerate son of the current puppet president search the internet yourself. Don't be lazy. There were indications of corruption associated with Ukraine. Nobody looked after that.

I know that there have some insinuations regarding his laptop, but nothing that even you can cite.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-steve- ... 38cde5e94c

No "there" there, that I can see.

Quote:

You forget to mention the scandal with the classified documents from Joe Biden's vice presidency. I guess that's ok with you.

Also corrupt Hillary's bathroom server. That was also ok with you.

Why should I mention all of these things?

Quote:

NPC stands for non-player character in video games. You know, the characters with reprogrammed scripts and behaviour with whom you can interact in a video game. It's an analogy to media brainwashed liberals and others, but the liberals are a spot on example.

I don't play video games. So, I'm not up on the latest hipster vernacular. Are you a "player character?"

Last edited by The_Walrus on 19 Mar 2023, 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed personal attacks

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Mar 2023, 5:19 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:
Ok, so Trump had a larger number of classified documents than Biden. I don't see the big difference that you are talking about.
Seriously?

There's a lot more to Trump's handling of the documents than with Biden.
FBI investigation into Donald Trump's handling of government documents

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 5:48 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:

Ok, so Trump had a larger number of classified documents than Biden. I don't see the big difference that you are talking about. Also Biden seems to have suppressed the information about the documents being found just during the mid-terms, which demonstrates what a con artist carear politician he Is, that you love.

Once again you are the authority that decides what is an actual double standard and what an imagined one.

There's more than just the number of documents, there's also how they responded to requests to return documents.

You claiming there's a double-standard doesn't make it so. If there's a double-standard, demonstrate it. You've failed to make a compelling case so you'll have to forgive me for rejecting your framing as lacking credibility.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 6:08 pm

Dengashinobi wrote:

About the laptop of the degenerate son of the current puppet president search the internet yourself. Don't be lazy. There were indications of corruption associated with Ukraine. Nobody looked after that.

By the way, the laptop story was classic Russian disinformation, intended to sway the election to Trump.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000175 ... 9f9b330000

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 7:14 pm

Honey69 wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:

By the way, the laptop story was classic Russian disinformation, intended to sway the election to Trump.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000175 ... 9f9b330000

Bit out of date aren't we? The laptop was real and it had nothing to do with the Russians. Hunter really did leave his grimy laptop at a repair shop. Enjoy these New York Post (who got the original scoop) articles and their gloating:

https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/hunter-bi ... es-report/
https://nypost.com/2022/03/30/washingto ... p-is-real/
https://nypost.com/2022/11/21/cbs-confi ... oke-story/

The NYT article where they cover HB's dodgy dealings and emails found on the laptop is worth a read too:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/16/us/p ... ation.html

That "it's da Russians" statement you linked, which directly lead to a fascinating episode of censorship on social media platforms (see Elon's twitter files), was, just like the original "Russiagate" episode in 2016, actually the US intelligence community spreading disinformation in order to influence elections.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 8:46 pm

The New York Post is just a garbage tabloid owned by Murdoch. Of no more value than the National Enquirer.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 9:58 pm

Honey69 wrote:
The New York Post is just a garbage tabloid owned by Murdoch. Of no more value than the National Enquirer.

It doesn't make you any less wrong though does it? They were right about Hunter's seedy laptop.

You can find the original "admissions" which they refer to if you prefer. I already linked the NY Times story.

Here's a WaPo article https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... -examined/

And a CBS news report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-6Wp6oH1Y

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 2:41 am

Dengashinobi wrote:
All good but meanwhile you are saying this in a thread that is cheering about Trumps upcoming possible punishment while at the same time you have democrat leaders who qualify for the same punishment. Don't be two faced, either let Trump be or punish him along with Hillary, Biden and many others.

Yeah! ..except there aren't any democrat leaders who qualify for the same punishment as none of them have gone on the same crime spree as trumplestiltskin, soooo.. :?

But if hillary/biden/obama led some sort of secret insurrections or something, then yeah, punish them for it, too.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 2:43 am

Cornflake wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
Ok, so Trump had a larger number of classified documents than Biden. I don't see the big difference that you are talking about.
Seriously?

Thankfully Jack Smith and the rest of the professionals investigating trump's stolen documents case/obstruction etc actually have the facts vs. relying on faux news reports or w/e.

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 2:55 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:

There's more than just the number of documents, there's also how they responded to requests to return documents.

You claiming there's a double-standard doesn't make it so. If there's a double-standard, demonstrate it. You've failed to make a compelling case so you'll have to forgive me for rejecting your framing as lacking credibility.

What is credible to you is not important to me.You are the one trying to frame the two cases as different to the point that one is worthy of penalties and the other is not. There was a greater number of classified documents in Trumps case and the Biden lawyers delivered the documents themselves while in the case of Trump the government ordered a raid, which they could have done in the case of Bidern too if they were as eager as in the case of Trump. Also in the case of Trump the top secrets seem to have been related to cases like North Korea where there is little incentive for collision. Biden's top secret docs on the other hand where related to Ukraine which correlates with allegations of collision with Ukraine made by Russia and supported by evidence found in Hunter Biden's Laptop. Biden should have been impeached by now but you don't give a damn. There is your double standard dishonesty.

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 3:01 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
All good but meanwhile you are saying this in a thread that is cheering about Trumps upcoming possible punishment while at the same time you have democrat leaders who qualify for the same punishment. Don't be two faced, either let Trump be or punish him along with Hillary, Biden and many others.

Yeah! ..except there aren't any democrat leaders who qualify for the same punishment as none of them have gone on the same crime spree as trumplestiltskin, soooo.. :?

But if hillary/biden/obama led some sort of secret insurrections or something, then yeah, punish them for it, too.

Right now I'm focusing on the classified documents case. For other cases I will see if I have the the time to argue. Just because you hate Trump doesn't mean he is not entitled to due process. What I see in the case of the classified files is that there is a sellective treatment by the prosecutors.

I also agree that all of them should face consequences if guilty. I hope the Trump case is just the beginning.

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 4:02 am

Cornflake wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
Seriously?

Ok, I agree that this is indeed too much, and requires possible penalties. I just hope this is going to be only the beginning and that others like Biden and Hillary will follow suite. As I said there was important indication of Biden's collision with Ukraine, and that's worthy of investigation by the authorities. But nothing was done. And you, libs, don't give a damn as long as it concerns people on your camp. If there was the same eagernes by the authorities for Biden's case as there was for Trumps case, Biden would have been in jail.

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 4:05 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Dengashinobi wrote:
Seriously?

Thankfully Jack Smith and the rest of the professionals investigating trump's stolen documents case/obstruction etc actually have the facts vs. relying on faux news reports or w/e.

Here we have lefties totally trusting the authorities. Rage with the machine.