Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Apr 2023, 8:40 am

I've looked at the arguments for both sides, thought about it, and here is my opinion.

If I was an all powerful dictator god, I would ban AR-15s. But as a mere mortal politician, I would not ban AR-15s. Why? Because if I was president for 4, or 8 years, then I know the followup politicians would just use the AR-15 ban as a slippery slope stepping stone. I am not very gullible or naive. I know the end goal is to not ban AR-15s, they want full blown Australia and UK retardation where even knives, pepper spray and nerf guns aren't allowed.

So, if I was an all powerful dictator that could rule for 500 years and had no checks and balances, I would ban AR-15s, because honestly they are OP. They do much more damage than handguns and require more than IIIA protection for defense. Someone could be shot 10 times with a handgun and live, but the chances are nearly zero of that happening with particular rifle configurations. It is impractical for civilians to wear more than IIIA armor everyday, but II or IIIA is much easier for everyday use, which stops most pistol munitions. That being said, as a mere mortal I wouldn't ban AR-15s, because, as I said, its not their real goal, their real goal is probably to have a totally disarmed population so they can march into people's doors, force them to "eat ze bugs" and put tracking microchips up their asses so that Zuck can monitor their daily data on the Metaverse.

Furthermore, even if I ruled for 500 years, I would only ban AR-15s in the city. People in rural areas have a valid use for AR-15s, for various purposes. Banning AR-15s in the city would reduce the amount of AR-15s used in crime, but not completely.

I think people need to examine more ways to stop mass shootings besides just shouting for more draconian gun control measures. Frankly, I find it odd how leftists typically have 0 trust of the government but simultaneously want to give the government a total power monopoly. Anyway, with mass shootings, nobody wants to go to public places with a looming feeling of paranoia that some random might shoot up the place. I don't go out much anymore, but if I did then I probably would have some degree of paranoia about the situation and its no way to live. Granted, there are numerous problems with American culture, and its just one more thing out of many, even if there were no mass shootings I still wouldn't be comfortable to go outside, but its just one more thing that's deteriorating the culture.

At this point, being in a mass shooting has more odds than being struck by lightning, and we need to look at ways to reduce the odds. I don't think I could reduce mass shootings 100%, but I believe I can reduce it by 75% at least. One way that might work is legalizing prostitution. This I think would greatly reduce the amount of shootings done by incels, but there still might be shootings done by non-incels. Another thing that will reduce shootings drastically is a radical restructure of the whole school system. I think a lot of people are resentful they are forced against their consent to attend a toxic school environment, with a radical restructure of schools I think we could drastically reduce the frequency of school shootings. Another thing that could reduce shootings is a cultural improvement, for instance there is a lot of degenerate unwholesome media, with vulgar and foul content. In this aspect I think SJWs could actually become the New Right, in that sense SJWs could create more safe spaces and be a kind of content police, to reduce the amount of vulgar content and save our culture.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2023, 10:05 am

You have some good points. I'm thinking, inspired by what you said, that if students were given the option of transferring schools quickly and easily they could escape badly run schools.

If the schools got money for each student, that would give them the motivation to stop bullying.
It seems like in the UK and US it's tolerated as normal, despite what the anti bullying campaigns say.

I think prostituion should be legalised for the reasons you stated.

I think in America they should have more gun rights cos mass shooters would be stopped by some vigilante type person. Better than nothing. Arming teachers is dodgy cos they could be crazy and do something insane themselves.

In the UK you don't seem to get hardly any mass shootings, but there's rampant violent crime. But no-one really wants to talk about that,they just want to talk about the 1 in million Elliot Rodger stuff that hardly ever happens.(if you compare it to the other violent crimes)

Here's the stats for the UK:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/288 ... and-wales/

From 2000 to 2014 it was steady at 700,000 violent crimes per year.
But from 2014 to the present day it rose to 1.7 million!! !

This is what should be the focus, not the rare as s**t aspie going crazy.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2023, 6:48 am

klanka wrote:
I think in America they should have more gun rights cos mass shooters would be stopped by some vigilante type person. Better than nothing. Arming teachers is dodgy cos they could be crazy and do something insane themselves.

They are trying to pass nearly 1 billion of funding to fund a program for veterans and retired cops to defend schools. Let's see if Dems support this funding or not...

Quote:
In the UK you don't seem to get hardly any mass shootings, but there's rampant violent crime. But no-one really wants to talk about that,they just want to talk about the 1 in million Elliot Rodger stuff that hardly ever happens.(if you compare it to the other violent crimes)

Here's the stats for the UK:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/288 ... and-wales/

From 2000 to 2014 it was steady at 700,000 violent crimes per year.
But from 2014 to the present day it rose to 1.7 million!! !

This is what should be the focus, not the rare as s**t aspie going crazy.

My guess is the main reason UK banned guns is to prevent a peasant uprising.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 9:56 am

The people defending schools is a good idea.
I suppose if you have gun toting pensioners hanging around schools.... accidents are likely to happen at some point.
It's probably going to help overall though.

The 1.7 million violent crimes per year have no public outcry or call to politicians to do something.
When a lone gunman does something there is massive public outcry etc. a call to introduce new laws...

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 8:02 am

klanka wrote:

The last bit of your post seems to contradict the first bit.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Apr 2023, 11:23 pm

I hope you do realize there is nothing special about an AR15 except for fancy gadgets like cool slings, etc…. You can’t hide one like a pistol. They are harder to aim than a hunting rifle. It is just marketing. You can’t take it anywhere without looking like a shooter.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2023, 6:16 am

klanka wrote:
I suppose if you have gun toting pensioners hanging around schools.... accidents are likely to happen at some point.

Unlikely I think, they are veterans and police they know how to handle guns correctly. A lot of the gun accidents seem to be from the antigun left. The only problem might be is if a student catches them offguard and steals their gun or something.

Quote:
Arming teachers is dodgy cos they could be crazy and do something insane themselves.

The new bill is not about arming teachers its paying veterans and retired cops to guard schools.

Quote:
I hope you do realize there is nothing special about an AR15

AR15s in a certain configuration can do much more damage than any handgun. In a utopia in a city I don't think the average person should have AR15s, but I vote to legalize AR15s for the sole reason because I know the gun banners true intent, they are just using AR15s as a stepping stone to ban all guns, they want to eventually ban airsoft and nerf too.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2023, 11:43 am

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
klanka wrote:

Unlikely I think, they are veterans and police they know how to handle guns correctly. A lot of the gun accidents seem to be from the antigun left. The only problem might be is if a student catches them offguard and steals their gun or something.

Quote:
Arming teachers is dodgy cos they could be crazy and do something insane themselves.

The new bill is not about arming teachers its paying veterans and retired cops to guard schools.

Quote:

AR15s in a certain configuration can do much more damage than any handgun. In a utopia in a city I don't think the average person should have AR15s, but I vote to legalize AR15s for the sole reason because I know the gun banners true intent, they are just using AR15s as a stepping stone to ban all guns, they want to eventually ban airsoft and nerf too.

I am liking all of your points. One of the obvious reasons an AR15 can do more damage than a hand gun is that it is a rifle. It has a much larger bullet than a handgun and you can shot something with accuracy from a mile away.

Is an AR15 more deadly than a hunting rifle? That would depend on the size of the magazine and whether or not someone planned to roll around on the ground with it. It would also depend on the distance being shot from.

Up close nothing is more deadly than a shot gun which has a shell with multiple pellets that scatter. That can also be virtually harmless depending on the ammunition and distance. It goes from harmless to most deadliest depending on distance and ammunition.

I don’t disagree with your points, I just like to point out how many people who have opinions about gun control do not know about the rudimentary basics about guns.

Rifles are extremely dangerous. That is because the bullet travels a long distance. But, there is nothing special with an AR15 bullet.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2023, 12:18 pm

As to your point about legalized prostitution helping incels, I just want to point out that an attitude change towards it could go just as far.

Prostitution is legal in many places. People are free to travel. The problem could be that incels are stupid or misguided. Like the saying goes, “You can’t fix stupid.”.

It seems like few people take advantage of prostitution where it is legal. There is something in people’s heads that stop them.

Perhaps, not everyone can sleep with another person at the drop of a hat. I don’t know.

Personsally, I took advantage of it but I have wondered why others do not. I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced cheese and still do. There is a bit of psychology going on behind the scenes motivating people to do this or that.

Essentially as long as prostitution is legal somewhere and people are free to travel, it is legal for someone if so inclined and not stupid.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2023, 12:26 pm

JimJohn wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
klanka wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am liking all of your points. One of the obvious reasons an AR15 can do more damage than a hand gun is that it is a rifle. It has a much larger bullet than a handgun and you can shot something with accuracy from a mile away.

Is an AR15 more deadly than a hunting rifle? That would depend on the size of the magazine and whether or not someone planned to roll around on the ground with it. It would also depend on the distance being shot from.

Up close nothing is more deadly than a shot gun which has a shell with multiple pellets that scatter. That can also be virtually harmless depending on the ammunition and distance. It goes from harmless to most deadliest depending on distance and ammunition.

I don’t disagree with your points, I just like to point out how many people who have opinions about gun control do not know about the rudimentary basics about guns.

Rifles are extremely dangerous. That is because the bullet travels a long distance. But, there is nothing special with an AR15 bullet.

The actual bullet of a AR-15 is a lot smaller than most handgun bullets but AR-15s are a lot more powerful than a 9mm or .45 ACP. The accuracy range of a AR-15 is a lot shorter than 1 mile. A typical hunting rifle like a 7mm Rem Mag is deadlier than a AR-15 at all distances. AR-15 bullets are way smaller than a .45 ACP bullet. The typical military bullet for a 5.56mm is 62 grains in weight and a .45 ACP was 230 grains in weight when the American military was using it. AR-15 bullets are very small. No AR-15 can shoot effectively a mile out. Its more like 500 to 600 yards at most.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2023, 2:58 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
klanka wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

The actual bullet of a AR-15 is a lot smaller than most handgun bullets but AR-15s are a lot more powerful than a 9mm or .45 ACP. The accuracy range of a AR-15 is a lot shorter than 1 mile. A typical hunting rifle like a 7mm Rem Mag is deadlier than a AR-15 at all distances. AR-15 bullets are way smaller than a .45 ACP bullet. The typical military bullet for a 5.56mm is 62 grains in weight and a .45 ACP was 230 grains in weight when the American military was using it. AR-15 bullets are very small. No AR-15 can shoot effectively a mile out. Its more like 500 to 600 yards at most.

You know more about it than I do but I think you are helping to make my point.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2023, 3:23 pm

JimJohn wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
klanka wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

You know more about it than I do but I think you are helping to make my point.

Oh okay kool.Fair enough.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2023, 3:58 pm

:lol:

That's a new scapegoat. Illegal prostitution.

Can't possibly be the whole more guns than people thing.. the one thing that sets the USA apart from all of the countries that this doesn't happen in.

$Billion budget to pay veterans to guard schools instead of common sense gun control like the rest of the civilized world has that actually works. Crazy.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2023, 7:24 pm

JimJohn wrote:
As to your point about legalized prostitution helping incels, I just want to point out that an attitude change towards it could go just as far.

Prostitution is legal in many places. People are free to travel. The problem could be that incels are stupid or misguided. Like the saying goes, “You can’t fix stupid.”.

It seems like few people take advantage of prostitution where it is legal. There is something in people’s heads that stop them.

Perhaps, not everyone can sleep with another person at the drop of a hat. I don’t know.

Personsally, I took advantage of it but I have wondered why others do not. I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced cheese and still do. There is a bit of psychology going on behind the scenes motivating people to do this or that.

Essentially as long as prostitution is legal somewhere and people are free to travel, it is legal for someone if so inclined and not stupid.

I dont know what country you are in but in my country prostitution is only legal in only a few counties out in the sticks in the state of Nevada. Ideally, I would want prostitution to be legal in every part of every state in America but I would not partake I just believe in personal freedom as a libertarian republican.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Apr 2023, 10:21 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
JimJohn wrote:

I dont know what country you are in but in my country prostitution is only legal in only a few counties out in the sticks in the state of Nevada. Ideally, I would want prostitution to be legal in every part of every state in America but I would not partake I just believe in personal freedom as a libertarian republican.

The point I was making probably isn't important enough for me to go on about it, but here goes .... it is legal to a certain degree in Mexico, Canada and the entirety of Central and South America. It is legal in parts of the Caribbean. It is basically legal everywhere. Carson City in Nevada isn't exactly in the sticks. I am not an expert on much of that. It is just a random observation.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2023, 10:50 pm

JimJohn wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
JimJohn wrote:

The point I was making probably isn't important enough for me to go on about it, but here goes .... it is legal to a certain degree in Mexico, Canada and the entirety of Central and South America. It is legal in parts of the Caribbean. It is basically legal everywhere. Carson City in Nevada isn't exactly in the sticks. I am not an expert on much of that. It is just a random observation.

Well maybe I should of said rural counties instead but Nevada is the only state where its legal.