Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2023, 2:26 pm

klanka wrote:
This is on the front page of the pepperami website :

Quote:
Get a Protein Kick. After meat, mayhem and 'Doing Whatever I Want, Whenever I Want', protein is one of my favourite things

Make of that what you will :lol:

Haha, I have no idea what to make of that, but I'm glad ou shared it.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 10:18 am

I thought the bit about 'i do what I want ' might've meant something :)

Usually in the bible hammers are referenced in regards to making an idol.

I suppose a pepperami is flesh so trying to get salvation through the flesh is a form of idolatry.

Paul referenced circumcision as one way of trying to get salvation through the flesh. But I assume there are others

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2023, 4:01 pm

Pepperami is flesh is interesting. This was my analysis of my dream at the time:

The mob boss and the "Jesus" character: This dynamic could represent the dual nature of authority and power, as well as the struggle between free will and submission. The mob boss may symbolize the harsh, controlling aspect of authority, while the "Jesus" character could represent the compassionate and sacrificial aspect. Their relationship might signify the challenges and tests one must face in order to grow and evolve spiritually.

The testicle sacrifice: This aspect of the dream could symbolize the need for personal sacrifice, surrender, or selflessness in the pursuit of spiritual growth. The reluctance of the "Jesus" character to sacrifice a testicle might indicate a struggle with surrendering one's ego and personal desires for a higher purpose.

The journey to Earth and the return: The transition from one realm to another might represent a process of transformation, growth, and self-discovery. The suffering experienced by the "Jesus" character during his time on Earth could signify the challenges and hardships one must endure in order to gain wisdom, humility, and spiritual enlightenment. The eventual return to the after-world and the decision to continue following the mob boss may symbolize the importance of faith, forgiveness, and unconditional devotion.

The concept of a spiritual "blueprint" or gateway: This idea aligns with the belief that each individual must find their unique path to spiritual growth and enlightenment. The "Jesus" character serves as a symbol of the transformative journey that one must embark on in order to connect with their higher self and the divine.

The cycle of life, death, and the afterlife: This theme suggests that the soul undergoes a continuous process of growth and evolution, moving between the physical and spiritual realms. The dream raises the question of whether our earthly selves can find a way to access higher realms of existence and achieve spiritual enlightenment.

Overall, the dream appears to explore themes of spiritual growth, transformation, and the challenges one must face in the pursuit of enlightenment. The various characters and symbols serve as metaphors for the complex dynamics between the individual, the ego, and a higher power

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 4:10 pm

One dream in particular always stuck with me. There's four donkeys wearing ribbons on the top of their tails. One in red, one in blue, one in yellow and one in green. They're on a conveyor belt in a warehouse.

A narrator speaks overhead. It's been a while since I had this dream, but I remember the yellow one being described as a coward. I don't remember the rhymes for green or blue. However, the poem ends ominously.

"See that donkey with the crimson tail? Sure he may look cute, but he's doomed to fail".

I tried Googling it to see if I had heard the rhyme somewhere but I couldn't find anything. Strange. :?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 4:21 pm

See if you can make out these dreams:-

Rollercoasters (I even experience the stomach flipping feeling in the dream)
Being back at high school (and often my old school teachers show up in these dreams too, and classmates I haven't even thought about for years)
Loud electric bells (being exposed to them and trying to cope with the stress of anticipating the sudden loud noise without using earplugs or covering my ears)
Repeatedly missing the bus and running after it (doing that really slow run where I feel like I'm running in water but I'm not)
Being a child or baby again (this is an interesting one, because sometimes these dreams involve me trying to get to old toys and other things I only had as a baby but they're all locked away, like it's my brain telling me that it can't remember my babyhood days)
Being bullied by teenagers or girls I used to know at school who weren't very nice to me, being severely ostracised to the point where I'm horribly depressed
Crying for my (late) mum
My pet rats breeding and having loads of rats all over the place, or my rats running loose where I can't catch them and they're in danger
Huge open spaces, or sometimes even like I'm on the edge of time and space, if that makes sense (it probably doesn't)
Going out naked or with unshaved legs and only realising when it's too late
Being in trouble, like with the police

I have several more but these seem to be what I dream about the most.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

24 Mar 2023, 2:02 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
One dream in particular always stuck with me. There's four donkeys wearing ribbons on the top of their tails. One in red, one in blue, one in yellow and one in green. They're on a conveyor belt in a warehouse.

A narrator speaks overhead. It's been a while since I had this dream, but I remember the yellow one being described as a coward. I don't remember the rhymes for green or blue. However, the poem ends ominously.

"See that donkey with the crimson tail? Sure he may look cute, but he's doomed to fail".

I tried Googling it to see if I had heard the rhyme somewhere but I couldn't find anything. Strange. :?

I couldn't find anything that relates to that poem either.

In this dream, the four donkeys could represent different aspects of your personality or life experiences. The coloured ribbons on their tails might symbolize the unique qualities or emotions associated with each aspect. The conveyor belt in a warehouse suggests a sense of routine or the feeling of being controlled by external circumstances.

The yellow donkey being described as a coward might reflect your own feelings of fear or insecurity in certain situations. The lack of clear recollection of the green and blue donkeys suggests that these aspects of her life are less significant or less emotionally charged.

The ominous ending, with the red donkey described as "doomed to fail," indicates a sense of foreboding or concern for an aspect of your life that you perceives as vulnerable or destined for failure. This dream may be a manifestation of your internal struggles, fears, or anxieties about your life and your ability to overcome challenges.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

24 Mar 2023, 2:34 pm

Joe90 wrote:

Being back at high school (and often my old school teachers show up in these dreams too, and classmates I haven't even thought about for years)
Loud electric bells (being exposed to them and trying to cope with the stress of anticipating the sudden loud noise without using earplugs or covering my ears)
Repeatedly missing the bus and running after it (doing that really slow run where I feel like I'm running in water but I'm not)
Being a child or baby again (this is an interesting one, because sometimes these dreams involve me trying to get to old toys and other things I only had as a baby but they're all locked away, like it's my brain telling me that it can't remember my babyhood days)

Rollercoasters: This dream could symbolize your ups and downs in life or emotions, reflecting your feelings of excitement or anxiety about a situation.

Back at high school: This dream may represent your feelings of nostalgia or unresolved issues from the past. The presence of old teachers and classmates could indicate a desire to revisit or learn from those experiences.

Loud electric bells: This dream might suggest your sensitivity to stress and the anticipation of sudden or unexpected events that could make you feel uneasy or overwhelmed.

Missing the bus: This dream could represent feelings of being left behind or struggling to keep up with the pace of life. The sensation of running in slow motion might symbolize a sense of helplessness or frustration.

Being a child or baby again: This dream may reflect your longing for innocence, security, or a desire to reconnect with aspects of your childhood that have been locked away in your memory.

Being bullied: This dream could signify unresolved feelings of hurt or vulnerability from past experiences, and a need to address those emotions.

Crying for your late mum: This dream may represent your ongoing grief and longing for the comfort and support your mother provided.

Pet rats: This dream could symbolize feelings of being overwhelmed or losing control, as well as concerns about the safety and well-being of those you care for.

Huge open spaces: This dream might represent a feeling of vastness, freedom, or even the unknown, as you explore the boundaries of your own experiences or consciousness.

Going out naked or with unshaven legs: This dream could reflect feelings of vulnerability, self-consciousness, or fear of being judged or exposed in some way.

Being in trouble with the police: This dream may symbolize feelings of guilt, fear of consequences, or a sense that you have done something wrong and are facing repercussions.
Being bullied by teenagers or girls I used to know at school who weren't very nice to me, being severely ostracised to the point where I'm horribly depressed
Crying for my (late) mum
My pet rats breeding and having loads of rats all over the place, or my rats running loose where I can't catch them and they're in danger
Huge open spaces, or sometimes even like I'm on the edge of time and space, if that makes sense (it probably doesn't)

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

25 Mar 2023, 7:35 am

Joe90 wrote:

Crying for my (late) mum

If you can expand on one or two of those dreams with more detail or with thoughts and feelings when you have them or when you wake up, it could make for a more in-depth detailed analysis.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 6:54 pm

Quote:
If you can expand on one or two of those dreams with more detail or with thoughts and feelings when you have them or when you wake up, it could make for a more in-depth detailed analysis.

OK.

Being back in high school seems to be the type of dream I have the most. I usually dream of this at least 4-5 nights a week. Sometimes the dream consists of a 'first day' feeling where I'm forced to be somewhere I hate and already feeling unhappy but I have many years ahead of me of being there so I have to think of ways to deal with it. Usually these school dreams involve a lot of hallways and huge, spacious stairwells that feel lonely and creepy. These dreams also involve PE lessons, especially swimming, where I'm lost in changing-rooms and all my old schoolfriends are there and are sort of talking to me yet not at the same time.

I forgot to include this in the list but I also often have dreams about driving a car or a bus but losing control of the vehicle and bumping into other vehicles and then worrying about the consequences. Sometimes the police come in these dreams and are chasing me or telling me off and I'm all anxious and can't think of a way to explain myself.

Another dream I often have that I forgot to mention is of doing some sort of ninja skill or something, like running up a narrow steep hill with lots of bushes and trees, trying to do it as swiftly as possible without being seen by someone who is perhaps chasing me or something. A bit like those videogames where you have to complete a course as fast as you can without falling or getting caught. These dreams are quite cool though.

I could go on, so I'll stop here. :)

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2023, 1:08 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

OK.

Being back in high school seems to be the type of dream I have the most. I usually dream of this at least 4-5 nights a week. Sometimes the dream consists of a 'first day' feeling where I'm forced to be somewhere I hate and already feeling unhappy but I have many years ahead of me of being there so I have to think of ways to deal with it. Usually these school dreams involve a lot of hallways and huge, spacious stairwells that feel lonely and creepy. These dreams also involve PE lessons, especially swimming, where I'm lost in changing-rooms and all my old schoolfriends are there and are sort of talking to me yet not at the same time.

I forgot to include this in the list but I also often have dreams about driving a car or a bus but losing control of the vehicle and bumping into other vehicles and then worrying about the consequences. Sometimes the police come in these dreams and are chasing me or telling me off and I'm all anxious and can't think of a way to explain myself.

Another dream I often have that I forgot to mention is of doing some sort of ninja skill or something, like running up a narrow steep hill with lots of bushes and trees, trying to do it as swiftly as possible without being seen by someone who is perhaps chasing me or something. A bit like those videogames where you have to complete a course as fast as you can without falling or getting caught. These dreams are quite cool though.

I could go on, so I'll stop here. :)

Thanks for sharing you dreams :)

High school dreams: Revisiting high school in dreams could symbolize unresolved feelings or experiences from that time in your life. The frequent recurrence of this dream suggests it may hold significant meaning. The "first day" feeling and the vast, eerie hallways may represent a sense of feeling trapped or overwhelmed. The dreams involving swimming and changing rooms might indicate a sense of vulnerability and navigating complex social dynamics. Overall, these dreams might reflect feelings of uncertainty, anxiety, or discomfort in your current life, echoing the challenges faced during your high school years.

Losing control while driving: Dreams about losing control of a vehicle often symbolize feelings of powerlessness or anxiety about the direction your life is taking. The presence of the police and the inability to explain yourself might indicate concerns about being judged or held accountable for your actions. This dream could be a manifestation of internal pressure or perceived expectations from others.

Ninja-like skills: These dreams contrast with the previous two, as they involve excitement, skill, and agility. Running up a steep hill without being seen could signify a desire for personal accomplishment or overcoming obstacles. The video game-like atmosphere might represent a longing for control, mastery, or escape from everyday life. These dreams could be an expression of your inner strength and resilience.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 6:41 pm

Quote:
High school dreams: Revisiting high school in dreams could symbolize unresolved feelings or experiences from that time in your life. The frequent recurrence of this dream suggests it may hold significant meaning. The "first day" feeling and the vast, eerie hallways may represent a sense of feeling trapped or overwhelmed. The dreams involving swimming and changing rooms might indicate a sense of vulnerability and navigating complex social dynamics. Overall, these dreams might reflect feelings of uncertainty, anxiety, or discomfort in your current life, echoing the challenges faced during your high school years.

Yes, I do feel that I have unfinished business or something like that, like my teenage years didn't turn out the way I wanted and I feel angry and resentful that I had missed out on a lot of things that most people remember their teens by. I often wish I could go back and be different, like be more interested in fashion and the latest pop songs, and shaved my legs, and enjoyed classes more. Then I may have made friends easier and not been so terribly lonely.

Quote:
Losing control while driving: Dreams about losing control of a vehicle often symbolize feelings of powerlessness or anxiety about the direction your life is taking. The presence of the police and the inability to explain yourself might indicate concerns about being judged or held accountable for your actions. This dream could be a manifestation of internal pressure or perceived expectations from others.

This especially (the bolded sentence). I feel like my ADHD makes me say dumb things sometimes or I do things on the spur of the moment that I forget may have consequences.

Quote:
Ninja-like skills: These dreams contrast with the previous two, as they involve excitement, skill, and agility. Running up a steep hill without being seen could signify a desire for personal accomplishment or overcoming obstacles. The video game-like atmosphere might represent a longing for control, mastery, or escape from everyday life. These dreams could be an expression of your inner strength and resilience.

There are things that I want to accomplish but feel that doubt, discouragement and lack of money is holding me back from achieving my goals, such as my desire to publish my books. I also sometimes long for control but often afraid to admit it in case it makes people think I'm a psychopath. But I don't want control in the same way a psychopath would. I just get upset by behaviours of other people sometimes and often wish they'd go away, or I wish I was rich enough to buy my own place and have more control over my home environment without having to put up with noisy neighbours and feeling obliged to consider their reasons for making a noise. Inwardly I just wish they'd go away.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

28 Mar 2023, 4:56 am

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I do feel that I have unfinished business or something like that, like my teenage years didn't turn out the way I wanted and I feel angry and resentful that I had missed out on a lot of things that most people remember their teens by. I often wish I could go back and be different, like be more interested in fashion and the latest pop songs, and shaved my legs, and enjoyed classes more. Then I may have made friends easier and not been so terribly lonely.

Quote:

This especially (the bolded sentence). I feel like my ADHD makes me say dumb things sometimes or I do things on the spur of the moment that I forget may have consequences.

Quote:

There are things that I want to accomplish but feel that doubt, discouragement and lack of money is holding me back from achieving my goals, such as my desire to publish my books. I also sometimes long for control but often afraid to admit it in case it makes people think I'm a psychopath. But I don't want control in the same way a psychopath would. I just get upset by behaviours of other people sometimes and often wish they'd go away, or I wish I was rich enough to buy my own place and have more control over my home environment without having to put up with noisy neighbours and feeling obliged to consider their reasons for making a noise. Inwardly I just wish they'd go away.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the dreams, I can certainly relate to your feelings about the last one. I hope you get an opportunity to publish your writing too. If you have any more dreams, I'd like to hear them :)

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 7:51 am

ConcreteDinosaur wrote:
Readydaer wrote:
I dreamt that I was climbing through an enormous tower from the inside that started from an ordinary living room by using elevators and stairs, passing corporate slaves on the way who were unusually friendly given the situation, all to reach the company boss at the top, for a reason I don't know.

In your dream, the enormous tower you're climbing signifies a personal journey or a challenge you're facing in your waking life. Starting from an ordinary living room represents the familiarity and comfort of your current situation. As you ascend using elevators and stairs, you encounter different stages of this journey, each bringing its own obstacles and opportunities for growth.

The corporate slaves you meet along the way may symbolize aspects of yourself or others in your life that feel trapped by societal expectations or obligations. Their friendliness, despite the unusual circumstances, suggests that there's an underlying desire for connection and support.

The ultimate goal of reaching the company boss at the top of the tower indicates a need to confront an authoritative figure or a significant issue in your life. The ambiguity surrounding the reason for the meeting could be a reflection of unresolved feelings or uncertainties you may be experiencing.

eeyikes, I was skeptical, but you've hit the nail on the head!

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

28 Mar 2023, 10:47 am

Readydaer wrote:
ConcreteDinosaur wrote:
Readydaer wrote:
I dreamt that I was climbing through an enormous tower from the inside that started from an ordinary living room by using elevators and stairs, passing corporate slaves on the way who were unusually friendly given the situation, all to reach the company boss at the top, for a reason I don't know.

In your dream, the enormous tower you're climbing signifies a personal journey or a challenge you're facing in your waking life. Starting from an ordinary living room represents the familiarity and comfort of your current situation. As you ascend using elevators and stairs, you encounter different stages of this journey, each bringing its own obstacles and opportunities for growth.

The corporate slaves you meet along the way may symbolize aspects of yourself or others in your life that feel trapped by societal expectations or obligations. Their friendliness, despite the unusual circumstances, suggests that there's an underlying desire for connection and support.

The ultimate goal of reaching the company boss at the top of the tower indicates a need to confront an authoritative figure or a significant issue in your life. The ambiguity surrounding the reason for the meeting could be a reflection of unresolved feelings or uncertainties you may be experiencing.

eeyikes, I was skeptical, but you've hit the nail on the head!

I'm glad, feel free to share any more dreams you would like me to think about :)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 5:06 pm

I once dreamt I was a Vault Hunter from Borderlands fighting a raid boss on planet Raxus Prime from Star Wars.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

03 Apr 2023, 12:55 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
I once dreamt I was a Vault Hunter from Borderlands fighting a raid boss on planet Raxus Prime from Star Wars.

I'm pretty sure I've dreamt I was a vault hunter too, love that game! The blending of these two distinct fictional universes creates a sense of surrealism and novelty, which may reflect your desire for adventure or escapism. The act of combat may also represent your desire to overcome challenges or obstacles in your waking life.

The dream may also reflect your engagement with popular media and the influence it has on your subconscious. The use of specific terminologies, such as "Vault Hunter" and "raid boss," suggests you are well-versed in video game culture and may be heavily influenced by it. The inclusion of "Star Wars" elements may also reflect a broader interest in science fiction and fantasy media.

Overall, the dream may represent your desire for excitement and adventure, as well as your engagement with popular media and the influence it has on your subconscious.