Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 2:30 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/163 ... o-Muslims-

DOCTORS and health workers have been banned from eating lunch at their desks - in case it offends their Muslim colleagues

When exactly will this madness end? Will they only cease with their PC dictats when we are all, in fact, Muslims?
Does this even actually offend any Muslims at all?

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 3:11 pm

I am not the best at answering moral questions. But religions generally have so many double standards. No religion is the truth of the universe.

But muslims do have deep faith in what they believe and the do believe that the truth of the universe is Muslim and muslim is the only way. If I was Muslim, I would not be a moderate thats for sure.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 3:13 pm

Aren't most doctors' desks in separate rooms anyway? This is stupid.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 3:14 pm

It's BS anyway, I had two Muslim 'friends' in my first year of uni, who would sit and eat in the cafeteria like anyone else.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 3:19 pm

This comes into the same bracket as banning hot cross buns, or toy pigs, or advent calendars, or calling christmas winter break and a raft of other daftness, which only succeeds in alienating the average citizen from his islamic neighbours. I'm sure something like this could be taken on a one-to-one politeness level. ("Does this bother you? Yes it does a bit. Ok I'll take it elsewhere if its a problem.. etc") Forcing people to do it will simply breed resentment. (Already I have the urge to eat great amounts near a mosque, just on principle.) Ramadan is a muslim festival, celebrated by muslims. It should not be forced upon people who are not.

The reason people take working lunches is because they have work to do that they wish to complete. In our overworked NHS, this is probably the last thing they need.

Sylvius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Aug 2007, 4:24 pm

Offense is never sufficient reason to ban anything. At all.

AutisticOne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2007, 4:29 pm

Europe has no hope.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 4:30 pm

wiggerbeater wrote:
Europe has no hope.

LOL
I'd rather live in Europe than the US.

AutisticOne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2007, 4:39 pm

Sopho wrote:
wiggerbeater wrote:
Europe has no hope.

LOL

I might be able to take this claim seriously if you werent on an American website, with an American as your avatar. :roll:

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 4:44 pm

wiggerbeater wrote:
Sopho wrote:
wiggerbeater wrote:
Europe has no hope.

LOL

I might be able to take this claim seriously if you werent on an American website, with an American as your avatar. :roll:

Oh yeah, so I use American sites and watch American films, so I must think the US is a better place to live. :o ROFL. Idiot.

AutisticOne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2007, 4:50 pm

Sopho wrote:
wiggerbeater wrote:
Sopho wrote:
wiggerbeater wrote:
Europe has no hope.

LOL

Oh yeah, so I use American sites and watch American films, so I must think the US is a better place to live. :o ROFL. Idiot.

"All people, however fanatical they may be in their zeal to disparage and to fight America, implicitly pay homage to it by passionately clamoring for the products it turns out."

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 4:51 pm

wiggerbeater wrote:
Sopho wrote:
wiggerbeater wrote:
Sopho wrote:
wiggerbeater wrote:
Europe has no hope.

LOL

"All people, however fanatical they may be in their zeal to disparage and to fight America, implicitly pay homage to it by passionately clamoring for the products it turns out."

Well its that or Japanese goods. Not a lot of homegrown businesses are in the UK anymore lol.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 4:54 pm

wiggerbeater wrote:
Sopho wrote:
wiggerbeater wrote:
Sopho wrote:
wiggerbeater wrote:
Europe has no hope.

LOL

lol Since when was I 'fighting America???' All I said was I'd rather live here. :lol:

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2007, 5:36 pm

wiggerbeater wrote:

Why do you think I have mostly British TV shows in my DVD collection and Japanese made video games, hmmm? :P

On sabbatical...

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 9:53 am

Quatermass wrote:
wiggerbeater wrote:

Why do you think I have mostly British TV shows in my DVD collection and Japanese made video games, hmmm? :P
Yes, and I also have Australian music and movies in my collection. There seems very few US sitcoms that are any good but lots from the UK are funny.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2007, 10:05 am

wiggerbeater wrote:

Hmm.... I remember giving someone else that quote to piss off her coworkers. Of course, I used the original words instead of your substitution. :)