Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 6:48 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
"I'm thinking of a God very different from the God of the Christian and far and away from the God of Islam, because both are depicted as omnipotent Oriental despots, cosmic Saddam Husseins," he said.

rofl... that's a conversion if i ever heard one!

good find ragtime

It is interesting that some people can't accept God for who He is, but choose to pretend He can be whatever they want. At least this guy has gotten his head out of the sand to recognize that God exists.

he's a philosopher and a lazy one at that...the only reason he turned deist was because of the impossibility of reproducing DNA naturally occuring.

it takes someone who is intellectually lazy to just give up and say "it's god". that's a cop out.

and your myths are no more real than they were before this article....and it's not surprising that an atheist would choose deism...because the myths...the popular religions are all fake.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 6:52 pm

skafather84 wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sedaka wrote:
"I'm thinking of a God very different from the God of the Christian and far and away from the God of Islam, because both are depicted as omnipotent Oriental despots, cosmic Saddam Husseins," he said.

good find ragtime

It is interesting that some people can't accept God for who He is, but choose to pretend He can be whatever they want. At least this guy has gotten his head out of the sand to recognize that God exists.

he's a philosopher and a lazy one at that...the only reason he turned deist was because of the impossibility of reproducing DNA naturally occuring.

it takes someone who is intellectually lazy to just give up and say "it's god". that's a cop out.

and your myths are no more real than they were before this article....and it's not surprising that an atheist would choose deism...because the myths...the popular religions are all fake.

In a hundred years I'll remind you of that.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 7:00 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sedaka wrote:

good find ragtime

In a hundred years I'll remind you of that.

i'll be dead in 100 years and we'll probably have a better answer in 50 or so.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 7:08 pm

Better self-justification more like in 50, but you'll assuredly get the right answer by 100.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 10:36 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Better self-justification more like in 50, but you'll assuredly get the right answer by 100.

Yes, but for you to remind any of us of anything in 100 years, you'd have to be in the same location; does that mean that you think you're going to hell with all of us unbelievers?

(tongue firmly in cheek)

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 11:08 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
I am not baiting by asking for a reference and I don't remember anything like that in the Bible. Are you mixing things or referring to the ficticious book and movie by Dan Brown?

Book of Mary. But then I never said Bible either did I.

That is kinda like having the Borg assimilate Darth Vader.

Don't know about any Borg in the books assimilating Mastervader.

I do know why the Book of Mary wasn't included, when that one guy made the choices, do you? You might want to take a peek at the others, some good ones about Jesus as a kid.

Was it Christ talking about what God had told him or not? Seems to me she happened to be on the scene an awful lot. The 12 guys weren't too happy He confided in her and not them, that should be another hint on why it wasn't included. There are more reasons as well.

If it isn't in your version of that book then it doesn't count, have I got that correct?

This goes no where. Think out of the box, if your beliefs are solid, there should be no fear. Be able to defend your belief with other sources and folks won't see you in a cycle proof. Good luck on your journy. I really do wish you well. 8)

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 11:55 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sedaka wrote:

good find ragtime

oops misread... deleted

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2007, 3:06 am

postpaleo: Don't worry, he 'book chapter verse'ed me too on something I quoted and got sh***y when I told him to read it himself. Big Jessie has gotten intellectually lazy, just like the other members of his trinity, which is why they are like they are. But seriously, none of us are going to be here 100 years from now, as has been said, so no matter if we all end up in the same place, none of us will be talking.

So, the trinity may as well face it now.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.