Page 2 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 5:24 am

tokaia wrote:
And alot of white people think they have the right to treat black people (or any minority, for that matter) like crap. YOU don't see racism as a two way street. :evil:

In my not-so-humble opinion whites are the worst race out there. Just look at what we've done to the world. Look at how many cultures/civilizations we've dilluted or destroyed through our arrogance and overblown sense of self-entitlement.

Statements like yours remind me of what my Aunt Pat said to me once, "White people came from god. Black people came from monkeys." :evil:

I can't blame minorities for being angry. Look at the sh*t they have to put up with from us.

Sit on my middle finger and rotate!

How dare you assume anything about me!

I have done F*CK ALL to black people, never treated them bad for no reason. On the other hand, I have been treated like a piece of dirt wiped from under their shoes ALL MY LIFE JUST BECAUSE i'm white.

Go F*CK YOURSELF.

I'm putting you on ignore.

Smiley
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Aug 2005, 5:39 am

my housemate is black shes one of my best friends i'm kinda offended if ppl make racist comments :@

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 11:11 am

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 2:03 pm

I think a song is needed for this discussion. It's from 'Avenue Q'.

Everyone's A Little Bit Racist

Everyone's a little bit racist
Sometimes.
Doesn't mean we go
Around committing hate crimes.
Look around and you will find
No one's really color blind.
Maybe it's a fact
We all should face
Everyone makes judgments
Based on race.

Everyone's a little bit racist
Today.
So, everyone's a little bit racist
Okay!
Ethnic jokes might be uncouth,
But you laugh because
They're based on truth.
Don't take them as
Personal attacks.
Everyone enjoys them -
So relax!

You're a little bit racist.
Well, you're a little bit too.
We're all a little bit racist.
I think that I would
Have to agree with you.
We're glad you do.
It's sad but true!

Everyone's a little bit racist -
All right!
All right!
All right!
All right!
Bigotry has never been
Exclusively white
If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
Even though we all know
That it's wrong,
Maybe it would help us
Get along.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 2:56 pm

AND...THIS STILL DOESN'T SEEM LIKE TROLLING?

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

TaliDaRadical
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2005, 4:32 pm

Quote:
I have done F*CK ALL to black people, never treated them bad for no reason. On the other hand, I have been treated like a piece of dirt wiped from under their shoes ALL MY LIFE JUST BECAUSE i'm white.

The hell? White folks have treated black people like sh-t for centuries. From my experience, being brown, black folks are generally nicer than white folks where I live. But there are nice folks in all colors and a--holes in all colors.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 6:05 pm

TaliDaRadical wrote:
Quote:

The hell? White folks have treated black people like sh-t for centuries. From my experience, being brown, black folks are generally nicer than white folks where I live.

I am going to use US history as an example. From this point on in my post 'I' will just be an average white person today. White people (in the past) owned black slaves. Black people didn't have equal status to white people until the middle of the 20th century.

But... What the hell did I do to them? Why should I apologise for something that I didn't do to them (or rather their ancestors, as the black people today were never slaves)? Also most American white people's ancestors were not slave owners, but rather European immigrants who came during the turn of the century. Most of them were poor/opressed in the countries that they left. Bottom line: Some white people have treated black people badly, but not all white people in general.

Okay done ranting.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 6:29 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 8:37 pm

TaliDaRadical wrote:
Quote:

The hell? White folks have treated black people like sh-t for centuries.

What the hell has that got to do with what I said?

I'm talking about my own personal experiences, TODAY not some stupid grudge that black people have about their ancestors being treated like crap a million years ago.

Quote:
But... What the hell did I do to them? Why should I apologise for something that I didn't do to them (or rather their ancestors, as the black people today were never slaves)? Also most American white people's ancestors were not slave owners, but rather European immigrants who came during the turn of the century. Most of them were poor/opressed in the countries that they left. Bottom line: Some white people have treated black people badly, but not all white people in general.

Exactly.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 10:35 pm

Admins, you might want to lock this thread. It's getting quite heated, and not in a risque way either.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2005, 11:01 pm

I don't like getting blamed for slavery and other forms of opression against blacks. My ancestors were never in a position to own slaves or oppress blacks, and neither am I. While I don't deny that everybody would have been better off if they had picked their own cotton, the blacks got their equal rights before I was born so everything that they are still complaining about happened before my time. It's like some cultural persecution complex like another group (to remain unnamed) suffers from. There's something really strange about black culture in that sense. I mean, I don't interact well with Mexican and Asian immigrants, but their kids and grandkids are usually alright. With blacks, conversely, the African immigrants are usually cool and it's their kids and grandkids that you need to beware of. Basically, thne way I see it, there will need to be a grassroots effort to make changes in their subculture that would make it more compatible with the whites, Mexicans, Asians, and other groups if they ever want to resolve their "race issues". Otherwise, they will just have to learn to live with it.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2005, 7:17 am

I'm moving this thread to the politics forum and posting a warning to all reading this that the tone this thread has taken is not to continue on, or this thread will be locked.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2005, 11:40 am

nirrti_rachelle wrote:
I have a question, however. As a black woman, I've noticed that my actions are usually considered indicative of all African-Americans, feeling that I'm being judged constantly, not for my true self but in comparison to other blacks. On the other hand, this doesn't hold true for caucasians. If one white person, for example commits a heinous crime, society doesn't automatically assume that whites are pre-disposed to become killers.

But if someone of another ethicity, for instance, a group of Arab men are suicide bombers, a black guy is unemployed, or a black woman is on welfare, they're considered a product of their ethnic group, not their environment, mental health or many other factors. I'm so sick and tired of being viewed as a walking stereotype and wish people would see me and not my race.........And no, not all black women have an "attitude" just as not all white people are "docile" and "civilized".

I'm not sure what it is, but it seems to happen with other things besides race. Like I've talked to people who judge the attitudes of all gay people on one gay person they met once, or all disabled people, or all autistic people, or all any other specific diagnosis people, or all rich people or poor people, and so on. I often find similar problems as a disabled person, that I'm somehow supposed to be representative rather than just a person. I'm almost willing to bet some sociologist somewhere has given this phenomenon (in general, not as applied to any specific group) a name, but I'm not sure what it is. (I know it's written about in Stigma: Notes on the Management of Spoiled Identity by Erving Goffman, but I can't remember if there was a word for it or not.)

tokaia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2005, 9:33 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
tokaia wrote:
And alot of white people think they have the right to treat black people (or any minority, for that matter) like crap. YOU don't see racism as a two way street. :evil:

In my not-so-humble opinion whites are the worst race out there. Just look at what we've done to the world. Look at how many cultures/civilizations we've dilluted or destroyed through our arrogance and overblown sense of self-entitlement.

Statements like yours remind me of what my Aunt Pat said to me once, "White people came from god. Black people came from monkeys." :evil:

I can't blame minorities for being angry. Look at the sh*t they have to put up with from us.

Sit on my middle finger and rotate!

How dare you assume anything about me!

Go F*CK YOURSELF.

I'm putting you on ignore.

Okay, honey. You do that.

tallgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2005, 10:46 pm

Quote:

I am sure you haven't considered that the African tribal leaders were the people who sold their own people and that of their African enemies into slavery, to the "white" people, because if you had you wouldn't speak in such an absolutist tone. Please look up the Tuareg peoples of Niger and you will see what other Africans have done to them.

I am sure native Hawaiins and Samoans don't have problems with just "white" people, but also the Japanese who tortured and raped the natives.

The evolution of cultures involves conquer, assimilation or exile, and surrender. It cuts across all races and ethinicites. "Whites" aren't the only "race" that has done the things you mention. If you study history, you will see that it isn't just "us whities" but everyone who has been guilty of it in the past. The "Native Americans" (a term I find idiotic considering they are genetically related to Mongolians, so they are just as American as I am) were slaughtering themselves long before we showed up. They were just able to unite against a common enemy.

Like I said in a previous post, to another poster, don't be an idiot, idiots are boring.

Tallgirl.

tokaia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2005, 12:07 am

tallgirl wrote:
Quote:

I am sure you haven't considered that the African tribal leaders were the people who sold their own people and that of their African enemies into slavery, to the "white" people, because if you had you wouldn't speak in such an absolutist tone. Please look up the Tuareg peoples of Niger and you will see what other Africans have done to them.

I am sure native Hawaiins and Samoans don't have problems with just "white" people, but also the Japanese who tortured and raped the natives.

The evolution of cultures involves conquer, assimilation or exile, and surrender. It cuts across all races and ethinicites. "Whites" aren't the only "race" that has done the things you mention. If you study history, you will see that it isn't just "us whities" but everyone who has been guilty of it in the past. The "Native Americans" (a term I find idiotic considering they are genetically related to Mongolians, so they are just as American as I am) were slaughtering themselves long before we showed up. They were just able to unite against a common enemy.

Like I said in a previous post, to another poster, don't be an idiot, idiots are boring.

Tallgirl.

Ah, yet another foolish human putting words in my mouth. I never said that that whites were the ONLY ones who screwed things up. If you'd bothered to read my post with a more open mind, you'd have seen that.

Many cultures have fought and conquered. But whites have spewed their kind all across the planet, infecting every corner, wiping out countless cultures and civilizations (often in the name of their stupid religions).

The Native Americans fought eachother, sure. But we killed most of them off because of our greed for THEIR land. The ones that were left were forced to live on tiny reservations with sh*tty soil that is poor for farming.

The Japanese? Nuked 'em. Punishment didn't even fit the crime.

Blacks? If there were no demand, slavery wouldn't have happened. Perhaps the settlers should have done their own cotton picking. Lazy as*holes.

What about the Aborigines in Australia?

Africa? Where'd all the whities come from?

Whites have dilluted the world. They have taken advantage of the natives of various countries. They have slaughtered countless in the name of Christianity. They've spoiled a good amount of the planet. And in many countries we've infected, we've quickly turned the natives into the minority of the population, and discriminated against them as if they don't belong there, or have no right to be there.

I'm not the idiot here, dearie. :shameonyou: